: Pricing question on pending 2012 wagon order/purchase.

NickCat
09-13-11, 08:49 PM
I got my authorization for the Costco auto-buying program and went to the dealership specified.

I want a black diamond edition wagon, so the 2011 inventory is obviously cleaned out. So I'm going to have to order a 2012 and just wanted to see if anyone could chime in if the price sounds reasonable.

The sales manager said the 2012 costco pricing hadn't been finalized yet, but he would based it on the 2011 pricing which was straight invoice on the car and any options.

So the price is on the car configured as follows: (there is no special black diamond edition package anymore, so the options are piecemeal for 2012)
2012 CTS-V Sport Wagon ($63,215)
Black Diamond Tricoat Paint
Recaro 14 Way Seats
Graphite Wheels
Yellow Calipers
Sueded Steering Wheel and Shifter
(Total Options - $6795)

MSRP is $70,010.00
Invoice is $66855.86
Each with a $875 destination fee.

The different is only $3154.14.

There aren't any current 2012 incentives, so I'm kinda screwed there, but they did say if any incentives show up between when I order and actually take ownership of the car I would be eligible for them at that time.

So my question is... does this sound like a reasonable deal? Has anyone else here used the Costco pricing, and what pricing did you get?

Also if it matters this is for a purchase in the New England area.

mother
09-13-11, 08:56 PM
Sorry I don't really have input on the price, but you've forgotten the midnight sapele wood trim if you want to recreate what the Black Diamond was...

NickCat
09-13-11, 09:26 PM
Heh... I didn't actually... it was the one feature I wasn't entirely sold on in the original package. I have not seen it in person, so it may fit beautifully, but to me it seemed a little forced in the original config. I guess I don't normally think wood trim in a car that's more sport than luxury. But I can always add it, haven't placed the order quite yet. :) Thank you for letting me know just in case though... I'd have been upset had I meant to get it and forgot.

stabie
09-13-11, 09:30 PM
BDE in 11 did not have sueded steering (at least my BDE does not. Sapele is included in BDE. Did they include the guzzler tax? Add 1300 if they did not.

mother
09-13-11, 09:38 PM
I guess I don't normally think wood trim in a car that's more sport than luxury.
I was with you 100% on that (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/239995-interior-trim-differences-between-2011-2012-a.html#post2714008).

Do yourself a favor and go look at a V with it before you order.

elphil
09-13-11, 09:42 PM
Is the gas guzzler tax, $1,300 manual or $2,600 automatic, figured in? Base on my '11 Wagon, before options, gg and destination was $62,165.

stabie
09-13-11, 09:57 PM
Agreed, the wood looks fine with the accent lighting. I'd go further and say go look at one in the daylight and the night. The accent lighting behind the wood trim might not give the same effect w/o the wood.

Squirlz
09-13-11, 10:11 PM
Here are the prices off the sticker for my 2012 Black Diamond wagon:

2012 CTS-V Sport Wagon ($63,215)
Black Diamond Tricoat Paint 995
Recaro 14 Way Seats 3400
Graphite Wheels 800
Yellow Calipers 595
Sueded Steering Wheel and Shifter 300

Adds up to $6090 total options, not $6795.

NickCat
09-14-11, 12:49 AM
GG was figured in at $1300. The price sheet they gave me doesn't show the Calipers, but I know we added them.

The prices I do have are:
Steering Wheel/Shift Knob: $300
Paint: $995
Wheels: $800
Recaros: $3400
Gas Guzzler: $1300
Which is the $6795 they listed... I didn't think to consider GG as an option! ;)

Good news is they don't seem to be monkeying around with the price.

Hmmm... I know I remember seeing the calipers on the list of stuff we checked on the computer when we priced it out... he either unchecked it accidentally or never added it. I'll have to be sure and double check before we place the order though.

There are no BDE Vs (or many other color ones) anywhere around here, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find the wood trim to see it in person. Anyone have any good pics of it before I start hunting around?

The only V the dealer had on the lot was an '11 Coupe in raven. It had the carbon fiber looking trim, this was in an ebony interior.

At least it doesn't seem they are trying to be sneaky with the pricing. Is invoice considered "a good deal" on this car? I'm only asking because I honestly have no idea what to expect from buying a made to order 2012 (sort limited) Cadillac. I was happy it wasn't MSRP... I figured ordering the car pretty much screwed my ability to haggling for a better deal. Through my business I've always had VIP pricing on vehicles so there was no haggling, price was set by the manufacturer, so I just walked into the dealer with a piece of paper listing the price I was paying for the car on their lot, so there was nothing left to do but pay for it and drive home.

Thanks in advance for the replies... just trying to make sure I'm going into this purchase fully informed.

elphil
09-14-11, 01:09 AM
On the 2011s the SG wheels and yellow calipers came as a package at $800.

NickCat
09-14-11, 01:34 AM
I just found a list of 2012 CTS-V options here: http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2012/cadillac/cts_v/packages_options.html

I don't know how reliable the list is... but it seems like the Graphite wheels are still suppose to come with the yellow calipers included:
RBJ 19" Satin Graphite Wheels - $800
Alloy wheels: 19"x 9.0", alloy wheels: 19"x 9.5"; Yellow calipers; Excludes: [Q6P] 19" Polished Aluminum Wheels

The calipers are also still listed separately:
J6E Yellow Calipers - $595
Yellow calipers

It has a few other options listed twice, one with the description and one without, but in each case they have the same option code attached to it, so I think it's just a glitch in that listing.

I will have to confirm when I speak with the dealer again.

SilveRT8
09-14-11, 02:42 AM
My 12 V wagon was built Sept 2, so now I'm waiting for it to show at the Dealer within the next 10 days, I hope.
Dealer called me today to say the Canadian 12 MSRP is up only $145 over the 11 MSRP, not bad.
What bugs me is that even at equal dollar the US MSRP is $13,000 cheaper than Canadian.
So YES you guys get the Great deals at less than 70,000 loaded.

burt99
09-14-11, 08:58 AM
My 12 V wagon was built Sept 2, so now I'm waiting for it to show at the Dealer within the next 10 days, I hope.
Dealer called me today to say the Canadian 12 MSRP is up only $145 over the 11 MSRP, not bad.
What bugs me is that even at equal dollar the US MSRP is $13,000 cheaper than Canadian.
So YES you guys get the Great deals at less than 70,000 loaded.
SilverRT8, I see you are Canadian, I have a thunder grey v wagon in Toronto, where are you in Canada?

NickCat
09-14-11, 10:26 AM
So looking more closely at that list of options, I came across this:
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Base Wagon Packages
PCH Black Diamond Edition - $4,850

Could it be that they are still offering the BDE as a base package to be ordered, if so it appears to be a pretty significant savings over the individual equipment. Or is that option likely just an echo from the 2011 options nobody took down properly yet?

Otherwise the adds are significantly more expensive:
Wood Trim: $600
Black Diamond Paint: $995
Graphite Wheels: $800
Yellow Calipers: $595
Recaro Seats: $3400
So that's $6390 or $5795, depending on whether or not the calipers are suppose to be included with the Graphite wheels. So at a minimum it's roughly $900 less.

Going to make a call to the dealer today and get some clarification.

Squirlz
09-14-11, 11:27 AM
It's clear in post number 8. Graphite wheels, $800. Yellow calipers $595. That's right off the sticker that was on my car. I got a Friends and Family discount that was over 4K. It's easy to get that here in GM land.

NickCat
09-14-11, 12:06 PM
What are the rules to get the GM discount? We don't personally own any GM cars and never have. The closest people with GMs are my Dad with an Escalade, but he lives in Florida, or my Brother in Law with an Avalanche, but he lives 10 minutes away.

The closest we had was that GM used to own stake in Subaru until they sold it to Toyota! ;)

EDIT: WOW... That's SUCKS... Dealer called back... when he told me the PCH package was available he was looking at the 2011 screen not the 2012... so the PCH package is NOT available for 2012... bummer. Oh well... should have known it was too good to be true. And he did confirm, as you said Squirlz, the calipers are now a separate charge. He didn't have them on my original price sheet, so they will have to be added.

GM-4-LIFE
09-14-11, 12:58 PM
Call or email James Quinn at Les Stanford Cadillac. He can order the car for you at GM Employee pricing and get it built faster than anyone else, hands down! Try him out. Another forum member just ordered his car from James this week.

James C. Quinn
Les Stanford Chevrolet-Cadillac
313-724-1430 Direct
313-815-6000 cell
Email: James_Quinn@lesstanford.com

SilveRT8
09-14-11, 01:38 PM
SilverRT8, I see you are Canadian, I have a thunder grey v wagon in Toronto, where are you in Canada?

Hi Burt99,
I'm from Montreal, I'll send you a PM if I go in the Toronto area so we can meet and chat.
Claude

elphil
09-14-11, 01:42 PM
I realize we don't have solid pricing for 2012 from Cadillac, but $595 for yellow calipers seems a bit much. I have the SG and yellow combo which I like but if I was ordering now I would bulk at the extra charge for the yellow.

Squirlz
09-14-11, 02:12 PM
I realize we don't have solid pricing for 2012 from Cadillac, but $595 for yellow calipers seems a bit much. I have the SG and yellow combo which I like but if I was ordering now I would bulk at the extra charge for the yellow.

It is isn't it? But I just fell in love with the 2011 Black Diamond Edition so I wanted my 2012 to look just like it.

NickCat
09-14-11, 02:48 PM

As far as option pricing goes... yes $600 is just plain silly for a change in paint color. If it were an upgraded brake it would make sense, but a color change should in no way cost that much. Just trying to squeeze out a bit more profit margin I suppose.

burt99
09-14-11, 05:06 PM
Hi Burt99,
I'm from Montreal, I'll send you a PM if I go in the Toronto area so we can meet and chat.
Claude
Sounds good Claude, I have not seen another v wagon in Toronto and I wonder if I will ever! That's the best part of owning this car is that you never see another one, and get used to people always asking questions about it. What colour and wheel package did you get?

elphil
09-14-11, 07:05 PM
Just received an offer from Cadillac in the mail today for $2,000 off any 2011 or 2012 models. I'm sure others here received the same offer. Sorry NickCat the offer is only good for the person named on the flier or a resident in the household of that person.

I'm not in the market for a new car and they offer me a discount, NickCat is ready to buy and they don't offer him a discount. Go figure.

NickCat
09-14-11, 07:25 PM
Just received an offer from Cadillac in the mail today for $2,000 off any 2011 or 2012 models. I'm sure others here received the same offer. Sorry NickCat the offer is only good for the person named on the flier or a resident in the household of that person.

Thank you for letting me know regardless. If that's out in the wild maybe real 2012 incentives might not be too far behind.

...Or you could adopt me and take me in! ;)

MReiland
09-14-11, 09:30 PM
NickCat is ready to buy and they don't offer him a discount. Go figure. Or Maybe...... we did?! :sneaky:

SilveRT8
09-14-11, 11:14 PM
Sounds good Claude, I have not seen another v wagon in Toronto and I wonder if I will ever! That's the best part of owning this car is that you never see another one, and get used to people always asking questions about it. What colour and wheel package did you get?

I'm getting White w/ polished wheels, auto, recaro, suede, no sunroof.
I also drive a black 08 Viper and a fully modded SRT8 Jeep, so I'm used to the people asking questions.

NickCat
09-14-11, 11:43 PM
Or Maybe...... we did?! :sneaky:

Some little birdie hooked me up... ;)

Now to take this to the dealer and see what sort of damage I can do! :)

NickCat
09-19-11, 10:06 AM
Going up to the dealer today to place the order.

I'll report back with the final total when I get back.

velopod
09-19-11, 12:34 PM
Going up to the dealer today to place the order.

I'll report back with the final total when I get back.

I'll be curious - had to do the back and forth BS with a couple of dealers, but finally got a screaming deal (I think).

MSRP was $72,535 (vagon, recaro, suede, pano roof, black diamond paint, auto (some more guzzler tax) and they sold to me for $67K even. Still got GMs lease cash (I run through my business) of $2,450 as well. Just a few hundred above invoice then.

EuroTrash
09-19-11, 02:32 PM
I am a bit dissappointed in Caddy/GM's nickel and dime strategy for pricing. To the point that it probably pushed my purchase/order date off until early/mid 2012 when incentives start coming back into play. (since it will end up costing a bit more to build out a BDE wagon) :( Guess i have waited this long, might as well wait another few months for the next bonus check to come in.

NickCat
09-19-11, 03:40 PM
Just got back... order has been placed.

So the GM Executive Program Pricing was of course better.

Car Configuration:
6DN35 - 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 5dr Wgn 6.2L - $63,215
R8E - Gas Guzzler Tax - $1300
RBJ - Wheels Satin Graphite - $800
GLK - Black Diamond Paint - $995
W2E - Recaro Seats - $3400
3AS - Wood Trim - $600 (I decided on this after seeing how the fake CF, the door inserts looked fine, but the dash pieces didn't)
J6E - Yellow Calipers - $595 (still a little bitter about the price and this not being included like it was in 2011)
VK3 - Front Plate Bracket - $15 (Which I have made sure they know NOT to install, required in MA to be ordered)
53F - Sueded Steering Wheel and Shifter - $300
JF5 - Pedals Sport Alloy - $0 (was included with the Recaros, but we still had to check it off)

The base of my car as configured was $71,220.00 (not including the $875 destination fee)

The GM preferred pricing on that was $68,123.23. Difference of $3096.77.

Costco pricing was straight invoice, so just about the same before the EVA.

In addition I'm eligible for the Employee Vehicle Allowance which is currently $2000 on the CTS-V (until the end of the month). That could go up or down, but I imagine it's more than likely to remain the same when the car actually arrives.

There are no current rebates or dealer cash right now... but I will be eligible for any that are in place when I go to pay for the car.

So that means if nothing else changes the car will be $66,123.23 (+ $875 destination). (Total Discount $5096.77)

The killer is that if it were a 2011, it would have been a little less for the options (since DBE package wasn't an option in 2012) and it would be eligible for $3500 back from Cadillac. But... having a 1 year newer car offsets the model year difference in resale later... so it's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

All in all I am very happy with my decision to purchase now and the price I'm getting. Now I just have to wait patiently until I get my Order # and the car to actually arrive!!! :) And I'd like to give high marks to MacMulkin Cadillac... everyone at the dealership was exceptionally nice. I did get hung up with the finance manager talking about cars... but that was a bonus, not a problem! :)

elphil
09-19-11, 03:50 PM
Plus T&L, which for me in AZ was about $7,000. Add on the GG tax for the automatic and that pushes the taxes to nearly ten grand. Literally highway robbery. Looks like you got a very good deal NickCat.

NickCat
09-19-11, 04:34 PM
Plus T&L, which for me in AZ was about $7,000. Add on the GG tax for the automatic and that pushes the taxes to nearly ten grand. Literally highway robbery. Looks like you got a very good deal NickCat.

Oh I'm still going to get bent over by Uncle Sam for the 6.25% here in MA... but since I'm buying the car in NH (no sales tax) I'll be paying it up front. I'd prefer that than rolling it into the loan. Yeah the GG hike on the Auto was almost enough to NOT to want to even consider it. I was originally thinking about it though, but was swayed against it after reviews I found here, and knowing that it's the same old box that the rest of the GM lineup uses just didn't seem right. No offense to those that have one... if I had any possibility of sitting in traffic on a regular basis in the V, I'd have eaten the tax and got the auto.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank MReiland for helping me out with the GM code... I wanted to check with him before mentioning where I got it... so... THANK YOU!!!

RippyPartsDept
09-19-11, 05:28 PM
congrats Nick!

and :welcome: aboard

---

I grew up in NH (near the speedway) and love to hear stories from back home on the forums (even if they're about shady dealers sometimes)

cheers :cheers:

NickCat
09-19-11, 07:04 PM
Small world... I ran the full road course at NHMIS in my STI... had one hell of a time... however on the drive home I came back to reality and decided I wouldn't likely do that again as accident on track = boned. So the V will likely never see track time unless I go with a group around here that does the track insurance. The thought of balling up a $70K car is a bit too much to bear... hell the thought of balling up my $38K STI was too much!!! :)

RippyPartsDept
09-19-11, 07:59 PM
Yeah i Understand.

I grew up a few miles thru the woods from the track. Worked there in HS. Brings back some memories.

mother
09-19-11, 09:04 PM
I am a bit dissappointed in Caddy/GM's nickel and dime strategy for pricing.

I wanna be a fly on the wall when you go to order a BMW! <g>

EuroTrash
09-20-11, 12:50 AM
I wanna be a fly on the wall when you go to order a BMW! <g>

Well played...

NickCat
09-20-11, 03:01 AM
Oh man... now I'm all worried my order will be screwed since people are reporting the Recaros are on Constraint. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/240614-recaros-constraint-vagon-orders.html

RippyPartsDept
09-20-11, 09:06 AM
You might be able to change the order if it hasn't gone too far in the ordering process (which it probably hasn't because the seats are on constraint)

however, if the recaros are a must-have option for you then you'll just have to wait (i have no info on how long)

i have heard that they are not the most comfortable seats also - and narrow - but we're wider here in NC than most up in new england

NickCat
09-20-11, 10:25 AM
You might be able to change the order if it hasn't gone too far in the ordering process (which it probably hasn't because the seats are on constraint)

however, if the recaros are a must-have option for you then you'll just have to wait (i have no info on how long)

i have heard that they are not the most comfortable seats also - and narrow - but we're wider here in NC than most up in new england

Nah, I wouldn't want to change them... so I guess I'll be waiting. This is an instance where a compromise would only lead to regret later.

So how exactly does "contraint" show up in the system? When they try to place the order, the processing department at GM kicks it back, or they process it with an indefinite wait on the seat? Just seems strange that so few Vs have probably been ordered for them to already be low/out on stock.

RippyPartsDept
09-20-11, 11:39 AM
well i'm not at all familiar with the ordering process (or anything in sales, really)

what the sales guy i talked to today said was that the orders get status numbers and once it hits a certain status there's no changing it

as for this seat situation there's a bunch of different things that could be causing this (i'm sure you can imagine)
how long is anyone's guess, but i would guess it's not going to be a long wait ...

NickCat
09-20-11, 12:53 PM
well i'm not at all familiar with the ordering process (or anything in sales, really)

what the sales guy i talked to today said was that the orders get status numbers and once it hits a certain status there's no changing it

as for this seat situation there's a bunch of different things that could be causing this (i'm sure you can imagine)
how long is anyone's guess, but i would guess it's not going to be a long wait ...

Gotcha... thanks for the info... I'm fine to wait for the car... (I'd just like to hope it's not going to be too much longer than 2 months) the toughest part up here in the NorthEast is that I didn't plan on driving the car in winter to protect it (as well as my own ass), so depending on when it will arrive, and the weather we're having this winter, I may have to work out with the dealership to deliver the car on a flatbed. Not the end of the world.

As excited as I am for the car to arrive, I'm happy to wait and get exactly what I want when it's ready. I'm fortunate though that I'm not in a position to need to replace a car. I'm still sorta shocked they didn't have a reasonable supply of the seats before they started production. Unless they maybe just already have the line going at speed and have been using up the recaros in cars they are sending to dealerships already. Still seems like you'd want to keep a pretty healthy handful of them around for customer orders.

NickCat
09-21-11, 03:55 PM
Heh... is it premature, or just good planning, that I've already ordered a new Escort 9500ix, Blendmount, and Rho-Plate for the Wagon? ;)

Not that it really belongs here, but I have nothing but time on my hands waiting for the Wagon now... this is my other toy:

EuroTrash
09-21-11, 10:35 PM
Heh... is it premature, or just good planning, that I've already ordered a new Escort 9500ix, Blendmount, and Rho-Plate for the Wagon? ;)

Not that it really belongs here, but I have nothing but time on my hands waiting for the Wagon now... this is my other toy:

Nick with a last name that starts with a C nick? If so fancy meeting you here... ;)

NickCat
09-21-11, 10:54 PM
Nick with a last name that starts with a C nick? If so fancy meeting you here... ;)

You the same EuroTrash that's on NASIOC? Do I know you from elsewhere?

NickCat
09-26-11, 06:27 PM
So my salesperson just called from the dealer... According to him the car is going into production on the 24th of October and should be at the dealership late October, early November. He didn't have my actual order number with him as he was driving home but is going to call me with it tomorrow. So maybe the recaro constraint wasn't too bad after all? Or maybe I snuck in before it really happened.

Still not getting my hopes up until I get an order number. Is there a place to check the status online or was everyone just calling the dealer for updates?

adrian-s
09-26-11, 07:16 PM
My cts-v wagon is supposed to go down the line that week as well!

-adrian

velopod
09-26-11, 07:46 PM

-adrian

Now wait a minute - I just an email today saying my vagon was being built on Oct 24th as well! Maybe we should all head up and take good care of the workers the night before ;-)

NickCat
09-26-11, 08:10 PM

-adrian

Now wait a minute - I just an email today saying my vagon was being built on Oct 24th as well! Maybe we should all head up and take good care of the workers the night before ;-)

Well this makes me feel a WHOLE lot more positive about this being real! :)

Heh... there aren't any "good" ways we can "take care of them" that won't seriously impair their ability to build our cars in the morning! ;)

So does that make the week of the 24th Vagon Veek?

adrian-s
09-26-11, 09:01 PM

You mean the night after :-)

I've totally thought of flying up to see it built, just not sure how to make that happen.

-adrian

NickCat
09-27-11, 07:49 PM
Well I did get my order # tonight... :)

I went over here and entered it into the system. http://cadillacconnects.com/

Seems to have taken about 2 hours just to get it recognized. But now at least I'm getting a "we don't have any info yet" message instead of an error.

They also have the current constraints listed here: http://cadillacconnects.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128&sid=e861a39488adefa2add4637ebd66ad3b

And from another thread... here is the legend for those constraint sheets:

The very first row is blank, * (meaning change in information) or # (new addition to report)
The second row is the model involved. In your case its a CTS Sedan I believe.
The third row is the expected Target Production Period when constraints are expected to be lifted.
The fourth row is the constraint number assigned (internal use to view. Kind of like a file number)
The fifth row is the model number and any RPO (factory option order codes) that are involved in specific constraint
The sixth row is the English conversion of affected constraint items or details
The seventh row is the % of cars that are in fact accepted into production during a given week. In your case only 4% of all orders submitted can be accepted due to the shortage of seats available. So providing your dealer is in fact submitting your order each week on the consensus report there is a 4% chance of it being accepted.
No idea on row 8 what the difference between S or L is hopefully Eric will know that one.
The ninth row is the expected duration of the constraint. more or less than 4 weeks.
The tenth row is the reason for constraint
The eleventh row is the date constraint began.

SilveRT8
09-27-11, 10:52 PM
My Vagon was built on Sept 2, and so far has not arrived at the Dealer yet.
C'mon GM, load that truck and get it rolling !!!

dcc8203
09-28-11, 04:34 AM
My Vagon was built on Sept 2, and so far has not arrived at the Dealer yet.
C'mon GM, load that truck and get it rolling !!!

That's weird, where do you live? Mine was made about the same day and I picked it up on 9/16.

Nevertheless, it will be worth the wait!

NickCat
09-28-11, 11:45 AM

This is probably posted elsewhere... but just wanted to share for anyone with recent orders looking for it:

Event Status Codes & Targeted Production Week TPW:
1100 Order placed at dealer
1101 Order accepted by GM
2001 Order generated to dealer
2005 Order replaced with GM prospect order
2050 Order changed
2500 Order sent to production (Preference)
3000 Order accepted by production control
3100 Order available to sequence
(NOW THE TPW BECOMES MORE STABLE)
3300 Order selected for production
3400 Order broadcasted for production
3800 Vehicle produced
4150 Vehicle invoiced to dealer
4200 Vehicle shipped
5000 Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to customer

SilveRT8
09-28-11, 03:43 PM
That's weird, where do you live? Mine was made about the same day and I picked it up on 9/16.

Nevertheless, it will be worth the wait!

I'm in Montreal Canada, guess they need to get a full truck load before it ships.
Maybe there's not too many Vs coming this way ?

RippyPartsDept
09-28-11, 05:24 PM
not necessarily a full truckload of V's but a full truckload of vehicles headed to that dealer or dealers in that city

(just guessing but it wouldn't make sense to load up trucks with all the same cars - V owners and other limited production car owners would be waiting a long time)

but it does make sense that cross border deliveries might take a bit longer

EuroTrash
09-28-11, 09:50 PM
NickCAT,

I iz jealouz! Did your sales guy give you an eta on the recaro seats yet? I would like the piece of mind of not having to wait an undetermined amount of time if possible.

adrian-s
09-28-11, 10:16 PM
NickCAT,

I iz jealouz! Did your sales guy give you an eta on the recaro seats yet? I would like the piece of mind of not having to wait an undetermined amount of time if possible.

Not sure if his sales guy can get more than these guys at cadillacconnects.com. I believe one of the folks assisting with this site is an internet sales person at a dealer, so is likely to get the same details another sales person could (unless someone has an inside track). Here's a link to the constraint list, scroll to the bottom for the latest info in case it helps.

http://cadillacconnects.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128&sid=dba96e32821bb18fdccee577da05cdbd

I ordered w/o the recaros, so am hopeful the 10/24 target production week holds true :-)

-adrian

SilveRT8
09-28-11, 10:50 PM
not necessarily a full truckload of V's but a full truckload of vehicles headed to that dealer or dealers in that city

(just guessing but it wouldn't make sense to load up trucks with all the same cars - V owners and other limited production car owners would be waiting a long time)

but it does make sense that cross border deliveries might take a bit longer

Talked to the Dealer today, he said the scheduled delivery date was Sept 27, yesterday, and it still showed as "in transit between Charlotte and Windsor,Ontario"
Were are the cars made ? and where's Charlotte ?

velopod
09-28-11, 11:06 PM
Car is made in Lansing, MI - not too far from you (about 95 miles!). Charlotte is likely Charlotte, North Carolina, so your V is getting a nice tour of the eastern US ;-)

Squirlz
09-28-11, 11:25 PM
There is a Charlotte Michigan just south of Lansing. The GM Delta plant is near there and many cars leave by rail from there. Maybe that's it. Oh and it is pronounced sharLOT. I got lots or ribbing when I moved here and called it SHARlit. How the hell would you know?

velopod
09-29-11, 12:12 AM
There is a Charlotte Michigan just south of Lansing. The GM Delta plant is near there and many cars leave by rail from there. Maybe that's it. Oh and it is pronounced sharLOT. I got lots or ribbing when I moved here and called it SHARlit. How the hell would you know?

I was hoping there was a Charlotte somewhere along the way from Lansing to Windsor! Good to know. Since 95 miles or so, why bother interjecting a town like that though? Why not Detroit or just Windsor? Tracking really updated every 20 miles or so ;-)

Anyway, jealous - should be there very soon! (and a month before mine) :(

SilveRT8
09-29-11, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the info guys.
Good to know it's Charlotte Mi. and not North Carolina. It's coming by rail as Detroit is 910 miles from Montreal, I know as I drive it every January for the car show.
Will let you know when it shows up and post pics of the new Baby
Meanwhile I dont mind the wait as I drive a 08 Viper Vert when the sun is up and a modded SRT8 Jeep when it's not.
Claude

NickCat
09-29-11, 12:56 AM
NickCAT,

I talked to him about it before I got the order number. GM is the one saying it's suppose to hit the line on the week of the 24th. I did notice on the constraint list, there was a brief period where the recaros weren't completely unattainable. So maybe I lucked out.

Not sure if his sales guy can get more than these guys at cadillacconnects.com. I believe one of the folks assisting with this site is an internet sales person at a dealer, so is likely to get the same details another sales person could (unless someone has an inside track). Here's a link to the constraint list, scroll to the bottom for the latest info in case it helps.

http://cadillacconnects.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128&sid=dba96e32821bb18fdccee577da05cdbd

I ordered w/o the recaros, so am hopeful the 10/24 target production week holds true :-)

-adrian

It'll be interesting to see what does end up happening. Seems odd we would both have the same estimated production time if the recaros were completely unavailable. But I'm not holding my breath... the car will show up when it's damn good and ready! :)

NickCat
10-05-11, 10:40 AM
Well this was some pretty good news to wake up with!!!

That's a 1 week reduction in the production week and one level bump in the status.

RippyPartsDept
10-05-11, 11:06 AM
nice!

adrian-s
10-05-11, 03:23 PM
Well this was some pretty good news to wake up with!!!

That's a 1 week reduction in the production week and one level bump in the status.

the two i'm tracking in the system changed from 10/24 to 10/17 and 10/10.... and both at event 3100. sweet!

-adrian

SilveRT8
10-05-11, 11:47 PM
Mine finally arrived at the dealer yesterday. It will be ready for pick-up on Friday.
White V-wagon, a beauty !

NickCat
10-06-11, 10:39 AM
Mine finally arrived at the dealer yesterday. It will be ready for pick-up on Friday.
White V-wagon, a beauty !

Excellent... when did you order it?

SilveRT8
10-06-11, 07:02 PM
Excellent... when did you order it?

June 23.......less excellent
Picking it up tomorrow, will post pics later
Claude

adrian-s
10-06-11, 08:07 PM
June 23.......less excellent
Picking it up tomorrow, will post pics later
Claude

congrats on tomorrow.
oofa on june. must have been shortly after 2011s ended and before 2012s began?

-adrian

SilveRT8
10-07-11, 12:25 AM
congrats on tomorrow.
oofa on june. must have been shortly after 2011s ended and before 2012s began?

-adrian
Yes, when the car arrived at the dealer this week, the window sticker didn't even have any pricing on it, just the hwy/city mpg. That means pricing was not available yet when it was made.

adrian-s
10-07-11, 08:30 PM
stopped by the dealer today to check on the two orders, compare the status to what's on cadillacconnects.com. It looks like the 2nd order was pulled ahead of the first because they tied the sale to the second car, so the 10/10 build week seems real. I'm hopeful to see a vin and more details by Monday or Tuesday.

If all goes well, the car should be on a train within two weeks. It gets dropped about 4 miles from the dealership, so should be a quick transition once it gets on the tracks. they anticipate a few hours of pre delivery inspection and detailing, then i'm on my way home. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

-adrian

NickCat
10-13-11, 07:35 PM
Got my update from GMConnect today:

junker87
10-27-11, 03:52 AM
I just ordered my Vagon that has all the black diamond stuff, black diamond tricoat, graphite wheels, yellow caliper, manual, no sunroof, and sueded steering wheel and shifter.

Is there a way to get the matt black window trim like on the black diamond edition? I rather get that and not chrome if there's a way...

RippyPartsDept
10-27-11, 10:13 AM
my parts catalog does not show any matte black trim parts... a few people have asked me about these 'black out' parts but as far as i can tell those are not factory - they are custom

NickCat
11-15-11, 08:45 PM
Just to follow up, I did get my wagon on Friday.

Loving it so far, being kind during the break-in is proving harder than I expected.