: Oops, Look What I Did...

Ormond
10-26-04, 03:07 PM
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/65/65407/folders/33840/1278711KerryEdwards.JPG
I had been looking at the STS for over a month. My Cadillac salesman suggested I look at the 2005 E500 that was a STS trade. It only had 900 miles, and the price wasn't bad, so I bought it. I figure that if I don't like it, I can always trade it on a STS. I am car crazy! :bonkers:

b4z
10-26-04, 03:18 PM
Congratulations on your new ride!
That is a great body style.

No comment on the other thing in the picture.

megeebee
10-26-04, 06:33 PM
I'll comment on "the other thing in the picture": Hooray! Promise me this; If the Senator is elected you'll buy a STS.

M STaR 013
10-26-04, 07:30 PM
heh, i guess he's not getting an STS! seriously though, thats is another nice ride man. who would pass up a deal like that. but that also says how much impact the new STS has on the usual Mercedes and BMW owners. they are taking another look at the caddy's. good job, Cadillac!

megeebee
10-26-04, 07:49 PM
...well, you're right about one thing, the STS has had an impact! WOW. only 900 miles on the thing and he traded it for a STS! That has to be Cadillacs fondest dream.

Ormond
10-26-04, 07:52 PM
I really had not even considered the E until I drove it. It always seemed a little small to me. I would love to have the STS. I wish both models had a little more rear headroom. Hopefully, there is a Caddy in my future. :D

Jesda
10-27-04, 04:38 AM
Wow, two huge mistakes in one photo! Congratulations!

Featured in Automobile Magazine and Fortune:
http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/e_class.php

60 special
10-27-04, 08:11 AM
T :banghead: That's a beautiful car, but the sign has got to go!

harryctsv
10-27-04, 10:42 AM
hi,

do you really vote for "flip flop kerry" ??????

DVos
10-27-04, 11:02 AM
Very nice car, enjoy. Kerry's gonna lose though. Sorry.

cruzajc1
10-27-04, 12:23 PM
If Kerry's elected, you may be able to afford 2 of em:)

harryctsv
10-27-04, 12:27 PM
or a volkswagen :bouncy:

Stoiz11
10-27-04, 02:55 PM
If kerry wins we wont have a country to drive in, so it won't matter what car you have. Kerry will just sit back and wait for the fight to come to us. Also, why would you take a traded in Benz over a Lac, someone obviously was smart and traded that Benz in for the Lac, since it was better. But enjoy none the less

b4z
10-27-04, 05:14 PM
I think we should congratulate him on his new car and leave the
political commentary for another day.

KERRY/FONDA '04!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Blue Chip
10-28-04, 10:02 AM
I thought this forum was moderated. None of the posts in this thread belong here.

majax
10-29-04, 08:37 PM
Kinda so Blue Chip, it started off in the right section but then the convo turned into political. Now that its political it would end up in the far bottom forum of Politics. Don't worry about it, feel free to voice your opinion if it gets dirty hit the button with the "!" in it that looks like a triangle.

Very funny jeseda

Nah, Ormond nice car I wont say anything about your sign in the yard. So you didn't get the STS, you did it to save money and you got a cool car still. Best wishes with it.

majax
10-29-04, 08:38 PM
That sign and that car seem like an oximoron to me, a German car with "A stronger America."

Not meant as an insult to you E500 dude.

Brett
10-29-04, 10:27 PM
I thought this forum was moderated. None of the posts in this thread belong here.

you are correct, and i am watching. nothing has gotten out of hand though, so no harm, no foul, etc etc blah blah blah

Ormond
11-01-04, 11:18 AM
I bought the MB because it already had some depreciation out of it. It still was more expensive than the STS I was considering. I think that MBs still hold their value better than the Caddies, so buying used made sense for me. I tend to only keep a car a year, so I lose quite a bit at trade time.

If I wasn't offered the MB at the Caddy dealer, I wouldn't have considered the E-Class. I must confess that I am really enjoying the car. It has an air suspension and the shocks are adjustable. Keyless Go is a good option (like the STS), and the 21 gallon tank affords great driving range. I am a "happy camper." :hide:

STS 310
11-01-04, 01:39 PM
BRETT, I often wonder when I see your " Im waiting for the sixteen-v" does that mean your going to buy that beast?

Brett
11-01-04, 02:00 PM
basically a joke, as if the 1000hp in the regular 16 isnt enough, i figured a 16-v would really be cool :)

harryctsv
11-01-04, 02:06 PM
i ormond,

for me as a german a E-class merc. is nothing special, because here the most taxi-cab drivers do drive the E-class. Well they most have the diesel-engines but the car is the same. Another point, here in germany you see many `s driving allmost every corner.

Back in the states, you don`t see em often and I think thats your point.

Ill get me beside my DTS - XLR and Vette either a CTS V or the new STS.
Should be at german dealer (export-model) by dec/jan.

enjoy your E 500

Harry

STS 310
11-04-04, 03:33 PM
basically a joke, as if the 1000hp in the regular 16 isnt enough, i figured a 16-v would really be cool :)

I didnt take the "v" into consideration LOL.

I guess they would be able to squeeze more HP out of that engine, but with a 1000 hp, who would need more?

I know, I know, someone will.:lildevil:

low caddy
11-04-04, 04:53 PM
lol enjoy!looks nice. :worship:

STSgirl
11-04-04, 11:51 PM
That sign and that car seem like an oximoron to me, a German car with "A stronger America."

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! :yup: :yup:

Democrats don't drive Cadillacs....they drive VOLVO'S!
... or Saab's!!
:coolgleam

megeebee
11-05-04, 02:38 PM
OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! :yup: :yup:

Democrats don't drive Cadillacs....they drive VOLVO'S!
... or Saab's!!
:coolgleam

...you are SO wrong!

kippjones
11-12-04, 11:15 PM
Two mistakes in the picture.

Playdrv4me
11-14-04, 04:54 AM
Two mistakes in the picture.

Is this the same Kippjones from AVS Forum? "Git r' Done!"

Hehe.

Two mistakes in one picture indeedy... I would really like to meet the fellow who thought it prudent to trade that beautiful new Merc on an STS... (where the hell is the head scratching smiley when you need it?)

KIDDING!! Just kidding... you know I couldnt resist. Oh well to each his own, Im glad someone else was able to take advantage!!

How much did you save vs. a NEW E500 if you dont mind me asking?

Now... when I see someone trade in a M5 V10 for an STS-V... THAT my friends, will be the day :)

Ormond
12-07-04, 11:34 AM
I have put almost 2,000 miles on the E500, and am still enjoying it. My electronic trunk closer quit working, and I am taking it in for service. I especially like the air suspension and the MP3-capability of the stereo.

As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, my E was a trade on a new STS. The man who bought the STS also bought a new XLR (he traded an 05 Corvette). I was at the Mercedes dealer a week ago, and both the STS and the XLR were on the used car lot. They were both traded on a SL500! The dealership was asking $5,000 off MSRP, and both have already been sold. And I thought that I was fickle! ;)