: Would this ACTUALLY help our differential issues in any way????

mr_carman007
09-13-11, 04:19 PM
After reading threads about the differentials in the V's, I am kind of terrified my differential is going to blow out on my V that I just bought 3 weeks ago lol. This could be a dumb question, but I stumbled on this when browsing eBay and was wondering if this could actually help - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p1702440.m1253&item=370521372646&viewitem=#ht_1879wt_98 2

Houdini
09-13-11, 04:34 PM
LOL looks like a copy of the BMR brace. There are stories on here suggesting that the brace could actually hurt the diff because of where it mounts (near the weak point of the early diffs). Most on this forum agree that you're probably better off without the brace. Get yourself some aftermarket axles and call it a day. If you're really worried get the latest 4th gen diff and axles. If money is no object and you plan to launch the car very hard a lot, get one of the aftermarket diff kits from gforce or creative steel.

Are you still on the original 04 diff part number? I'd say if it doesn't whine to the point it bothers you, just get axles and call it a day. There are plenty of people with original diffs and no problems.

PISNUOFF
09-13-11, 04:42 PM
They use to be a vendor on here. The screen name is MAPerformance and I think his name was Adam.

thebigjimsho
09-14-11, 12:12 AM
If you take it easy on the burnouts, you need not worry about blowing it up. Enjoy your V!

mberisha
09-14-11, 06:29 AM
Concur...less burnouts and more fast corners w/sic acceleration out of the apex....you'll find burnouts boring after that.....alas...no need for brace or new diff!

Naf
09-14-11, 10:38 AM
This nor the BMR part will ever help. They use the same bolt, there for do not offer any more assistance than just the single poly bushing.

I had the BMR version and did not notice any change, i did add a ring around the front of the diff to help keep the diff from warping which will lead to deflection of the casing which will cause the gears to shift and break.

If they had this bolt to a new location then yes it would be benefitial, however BMR is sellin theirs for 79.99 and is still a waste of man hrs installin it.

Change out the rubber bushings on the diff, and on the rear frame as well and you will notice a better ride. There are a lot of snake oils out there, some actually do soometing, others just fool u into thinkin they are workin...

Take the Voltage regulators for example, some are great, IE D spec, and hypervoltage, others are crap and just drain your battery. Now the ultimate fix is a full size capacitor for a amplifier. I got a 10 Farad size for i felt i needed more than the small capacitors could give out at any given sec for all my electronics, i have 120amps on tap if and when i need it. Just need to disconnect the voltage readout to stop it from discharging the battery...

sciroccokid
09-14-11, 11:34 AM
I broke the rear diff carrier case 3 weeks ago. When the diff fell down it broke the axle & cv. This is a very expensive repair. I would highly recommend you get an anti-wheel hop axle (they can be had for under $300). This will largely mitigate the potential damage to your diff from wheel hop, and could save you thousands. Also, avoid wheel hop at all costs.

After reading threads about the differentials in the V's, I am kind of terrified my differential is going to blow out on my V that I just bought 3 weeks ago lol. This could be a dumb question, but I stumbled on this when browsing eBay and was wondering if this could actually help - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p1702440.m1253&item=370521372646&viewitem=#ht_1879wt_98 2

Aurora40
09-15-11, 09:43 AM
There are stories on here suggesting that the brace could actually hurt the diff
It certainly seemed to me that when I see someone post a picture of a case that split, they were often running the pinion brace. That guy with the picture of two diff housings next to each other with the same exact break pattern was using it if I recall.

lollygagger8
09-15-11, 09:59 AM
Yes, the axles are the way to go. Get these and save your diff.....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p8443-dss-1000hp-race-axles-300m27042707-stop-wheelhop-21.html

rand49er
09-15-11, 04:44 PM
Yes, the axles are the way to go. Get these and save your diff.....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p8443-dss-1000hp-race-axles-300m27042707-stop-wheelhop-21.htmlThat IS a killer deal!

Anybody know the bloke who's selling them? Is he reputable?

Houdini
09-16-11, 12:02 AM
As Jimmy, he knows him INTIMATELY well... lol.