: MPG @ 90 and 100 MPH

DeathByCactus
09-13-11, 11:38 AM
Hello,

First, I searched. Second, I've tried to make this topic as searchable as possible.

Now, I'll be brief. I am trying to find out what mpg's the CTS-V gets at running 90mph and 100mph. I spend more time than most at those speeds and its a selling point. As is autobahn performance, which this has. I understand the whole, this car isn't about mpg or if you want mpg get a civic, let's keep this respectable please... My Dinan S3-R was around 20. That was a supercharged I6 however.

I drive a land rover now and I decided I just don't have it in me to slow down and I drive this thing at 90 to 100 and get about 14 to 15 mpg. While it is more than capable, its a beast and I miss cruising toll roads late at night. I'd rather lingenfelter a v series and get shit for mpg than drive a slow tank with shit mpg.

So my question:

What are your mpg's (precise preferred) at 90 and 100 (while cruising on flat road)... If you can also, 120. Thank you. I don't care about mpg around town. I probably will never get better than 10 in city.

ajjones44
09-13-11, 11:56 AM
I wish I could help you better but I never keep track of the mileage. I will say that on a given trip on the Autobahn I will need to fill up in 2.5 to 3 hrs. I tend to travel anywhere from 100 mph to 150 if that helps.

digital1021
09-13-11, 12:11 PM
I get about 19.5 to 20 mpg at 90mph, about 17-18 mpg at 100mph. I have noticed that while I get better fuel economy at 75mph, at 85-100mph mpg fluctuates much less when going over hills and rises.

CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

DeathByCactus
09-13-11, 01:38 PM
Both of those answers are fantastic. Thank you both. If anyone else will add input, I am sure it will help others in the future and I am always thirsty for more responses.

Thanks again!

Tuna
09-14-11, 09:03 AM
I averaged 13.7 MPG at 110 during the Big Bend Open Road Race back in April when my Vagon was still pretty new and not really broken in yet. I think it will be better now.

Patrick Smith
09-14-11, 02:49 PM
I make regular 170 mi trips each way and have found actual mileage as figured separate from the dash display to be 19.2 @ 85-95 mph range. I am happy. This has been over the last 5 trips and has been so consistent that I have quit checking. No tickets yet.

EricVonHa
09-14-11, 08:38 PM
I just did this "test" on Saturday thru an entire tank of 93 octane at or around sea level in 75 degree weather. My moving average over 250 miles was 73.9 miles per hour. And, to achieve this "average"; you know that at least 50% of the distance/time must be at well over that average.

Stock car: 17.3mpg

I wasn't easy on it. If someone was in the way they were quickly and safely passed. There were 4 stops along the way but all cruising was typically 30 over the limit at 85 to 95mph.

That's how I roll.

undertaker
09-15-11, 10:00 AM
I just did this "test" on Saturday thru an entire tank of 93 octane at or around sea level in 75 degree weather. My moving average over 250 miles was 73.9 miles per hour. And, to achieve this "average"; you know that at least 50% of the distance/time must be at well over that average.

Stock car: 17.3mpg

I wasn't easy on it. If someone was in the way they were quickly and safely passed. There were 4 stops along the way but all cruising was typically 30 over the limit at 85 to 95mph.

That's how I roll.

public enemy number one, but you still couldn't hang at the bar in Miami, buddy...

EricVonHa
09-15-11, 10:55 AM
Another random visit to South Beach would be cool. Yea, I admit; I'm a lightweight.

Last time I was down there we bonzai'ed in a DTS straight thru. Pick a long weekend. Let's go.