: Under Bumper Covers

orange57
09-12-11, 08:59 PM
So I changed my oil this weekend for the first time. Went pretty smooth. But while I was under there, there is a large space where you can reach up and see the radiator and the AC condensor coil. Should there be some kind of plastic cover there? It looked like there were holes for mounting a cover or air dam, but i did not have anything there.

Thanks,

matt

ddalder
09-12-11, 11:06 PM
So I changed my oil this weekend for the first time. Went pretty smooth. But while I was under there, there is a large space where you can reach up and see the radiator and the AC condensor coil. Should there be some kind of plastic cover there? It looked like there were holes for mounting a cover or air dam, but i did not have anything there.

Thanks,

matt

Mine is fully enclosed, but I can't speak for the 2005 MY. Even my Bonneville has a cover there so I'm thinking you're missing one.

CTBB
09-13-11, 12:54 AM
There is definitely an "underbody shield" that goes under there, along with about a dozen retainers that tie it all together. I had to replace mine after smacking it pulling off an incline. gmpartsdirect gets about $100 + shipping for it.

Glenn

orange57
09-13-11, 01:20 AM
I'm guessing it came off on a curb, driveway or parking spot. I'll have to look at picking one up.

Thanks,
matt