: Trying to sync a base CTS radio to my car, need a dealer that can do it.

xcaliber50
09-12-11, 03:30 PM
I am trying to do the NAV up grade that was done similar to this thread,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/172899-journey-achieve-decent-navigation-quality-audio.html

Here is a quote from that thread regarding what I need to have done;

"I have an appointment on Thursday morning to get the base head unit de theft locked at a local dealer. I have hooked it up and the display shows fine so far its just theft locked so I am un able to test the features of the DIC yet. I was able to go into sport mode and turn my traction and stab completely off as well so I am confident that wont be an issue although there wont be a visual notation of that as of right now any longer."

I have called several dealers and they all have no idea what I am talking about. Am I just having bad luck with the people I am talking to or am I just not asking the question correctly? Has anyone in the Houston area done this and can direct me to where I can get this done?

Thanks
X

CancerJCC
09-12-11, 04:52 PM
My dealer had no problem and did it for free. Take it in and get the right person on the case rather than the lackey on the phone.

xcaliber50
09-12-11, 08:09 PM
I hate to just show up and hope that can do it or are willing to do it. I'd hope I can get some confirmation first. I've called three out of the four dealers in the Houston area and the fourth is not close at all.

I did go down to my install guy. I think he knows someone that works at the dealership that can helps. It really does amaze me how much stone walling you get at these places.