: Testing the waters, what's it worth?

taken
09-12-11, 04:00 PM
So, my wife and I bought our V used (a year old) to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. We love it but were thinking of going with a new wagon as we are starting a family soon. I am going to try to sell it outright to avoid getting beaten up on trade and because there really is no hurry. The car is a 2010 sedan, 6 speed, black, Recarros, Ultraview, polished rims with 13k miles. No engine mods and 2.5 years left on the bumper to bumper. I also added a factory looking Mito rear view camera system that shows up in the mirror. The camera is very stock looking as it is mounted in a replacement license plate lamp housing. I also added a lockpick to the NAV allowing video in motion and address entry in motion. (Probably some other things, but those are the only two I've tried.) Lastly I added a JL Audio Stealthbox sub and amp that take up little/no trunk space. I know KBB doesn't mean much but they have it at 53,810 without my mods. I'm in New England too, so I thought I'd mention that as I know location affects value. So, what are your collective thoughts on private party value? Any thoughts would be appreciated....

LFTW8S
09-12-11, 04:25 PM
Sorry for the off-topic...I didn't know JL made a stealthbox for the V. Do you have a part number and/or pic? Good luck with the sale!

DPL
09-12-11, 04:41 PM
Where's 70Vette!!??? Here's your car!

taken
09-12-11, 05:18 PM
Sorry for the off-topic...I didn't know JL made a stealthbox for the V. Do you have a part number and/or pic? Good luck with the sale!

Well, they don't actually. I took the one out of my Grand Cherokee Overland that I traded, flipped it upside down, and put it on the left side rather than the right. The amp mounted behind it and the pair fit like they were made for the car...

70vette
09-13-11, 11:59 AM
I'm interested - shoot me an email at mitchd@nwp.ca and we can chat. Cheers

Cub Cadet
09-13-11, 12:27 PM
You are right on with price. This car (since it is a 6spd manual) has already bottomed out in value and is now back up to where it should be. The manual transmission cars are in big demand right now.

aburd
09-13-11, 12:29 PM
mine is at 48500 in classifieds. i think its a deal.

burd

Cub Cadet
09-13-11, 03:29 PM
mine is at 48500 in classifieds (automatic trans). i think its a deal.

burd

There is a definite difference in value between a manual and an automatic right now though. The manual will command the higher selling price due to the higher demand and lower inventory levels.

elphil
09-13-11, 05:59 PM

burd How much for the Dobbie?

mother
09-13-11, 07:59 PM

For point of comparison in the late spring I almost bought an 09 loaded stick with <6k miles, CPO, before I found the Vagon. They got $51k for it.

1Sensei
09-21-11, 11:24 PM
Just purchased an 09 with 23k recaros, ultraview, nav for 47, but I had a trade. I did well on my trade. The X factor is what they stole the V for.

taken
09-21-11, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'm thinking I will look for 52. Could be a pipe dream, but I don't need to sell it so if not, she stays in the garage. I appreciate the thoughts!

Cub Cadet
09-22-11, 08:33 AM
Just purchased an 09 with 23k recaros, ultraview, nav for 47, but I had a trade. I did well on my trade. The X factor is what they stole the V for.

Was the car an automatic or manual? If it was a manual, I bet the dealer gave $43k for it. If it was an automatic, I bet they gave $38k-$40K for it.

wfo
09-22-11, 04:29 PM
First person to give me $59K for my 2011 V Coupe w.auto and7k miles, no mods, polished wheels gets it.

That's right, $59k!!!

This car, as are all of my cars...in Mint, perfect, immaculate conditon. Great deal for someone.

Email me at: gbenk@sbcgloabl.net

The Tony Show
09-22-11, 06:04 PM
Okay guys, let's not turn this into an auction thread. If you're selling your car, toss an ad up in the classifieds.

Thanks.