: Two thumbs down

gloria smith
10-26-04, 11:26 AM
[ After three Cadillic products in 14 months, two were very good and the third I chalked up as a lemon. The XLR disappointed me but it was GM who slapped me in the face and said take a hike! A eighty-nine thousand dollar car ($89,000) with ten miles on the odometer lost all transmission fluid on the day of purchase, and two months later the exsult burned a hole in the break line, which caused me to total my dream car! As for the water in my head lights after a rain and the top not going up and down as intended was minor.

My pain came when GM refused to give me a loaner car for thirty-three days! (Shame on You GM) After waiting for their engineer to sumit a report on what happen to the system, it came in as faulty exsult system!

Accident happen on July 28th,04, as of this date I have not been reinbursted for my medical bills. (Shame on You GM) Some thanks to me Huh! We all know I could have claimed back problem among other things and hit them with a big law suit! So I guess the good do come in last! Thanks GM!!

I never thought I would be walking at this stage of my life (55), because I was not made whole again, I didn't get my dowm payment back nor the Esclade I traded in, or the cash I added. Zero plus zero, leaves me with zero, that's what faithful customers get! THANKS GM!

NOW WALKING
Gloria Smith

majax
10-31-04, 05:38 PM
Is it the dealership that's giving you crap or is it really GM, cause that stinks. Sue them for a new car and your medical bills, they deserve a good lesson.

I am disapointed that they are doing this to you, someone needs fired.

gloria smith
11-07-04, 06:33 PM
Hi Majax!
Wrong, Rizza Cadillac was instructed by Michael Dial (GM Representative) not to provide me with a car compatible to mine. Not believing this info, I called Mr. Dial myself, he informed me that he didn't believe the brakes went out. It's not his job to believe or disbelieve, they (GM) are to honor their contract. As for getting a Lawyer, it seems that no one wants to take this kind of case because I'm not half dead or maim. And I did ask for a car paid in full, it didn't have to be the XLR, I was willing to have my Excalade back. Yesterday, I got a check in the mail for the medical bills, that took three months ,that's it I guess.
Thanks for your concern!
Gloria

Rolex
02-05-05, 03:01 AM
Hi Majax!
Wrong, Rizza Cadillac was instructed by Michael Dial (GM Representative) not to provide me with a car compatible to mine. Not believing this info, I called Mr. Dial myself, he informed me that he didn't believe the brakes went out. It's not his job to believe or disbelieve, they (GM) are to honor their contract. As for getting a Lawyer, it seems that no one wants to take this kind of case because I'm not half dead or maim. And I did ask for a car paid in full, it didn't have to be the XLR, I was willing to have my Excalade back. Yesterday, I got a check in the mail for the medical bills, that took three months ,that's it I guess.
Thanks for your concern!
Gloria

I'm a Cadillac lover as well, and it would have been nice if it (XLR 2004) had ran for sixty days before dying!

gloria

You call yourself a Cadillac lover? According to your own post your XLR didn't die, you totaled it. Let me see if I understand: you total your car, and in return you expect GM to replace it or give you an Escalade, and pay medical bills incurred from your accident? :hmm: GM and Cadillac aren't your insurance carrier Gloria...get a grip!

My main beef? You joined the forum and posted 8 negative messages about Cadillac, all of which were in the Open Letters to Cadillac forum. If you really had this terrible experience with GM I empathize with you. But using this forum for the sole purpose of trashing GM and Cadillac makes you a TROLL.http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif

CaddyGeek
02-10-05, 03:47 PM
You call yourself a Cadillac lover? According to your own post your XLR didn't die, you totaled it. Let me see if I understand: you total your car, and in return you expect GM to replace it or give you an Escalade, and pay medical bills incurred from your accident? :hmm: GM and Cadillac aren't your insurance carrier Gloria...get a grip!

My main beef? You joined the forum and posted 8 negative messages about Cadillac, all of which were in the Open Letters to Cadillac forum. If you really had this terrible experience with GM I empathize with you. But using this forum for the sole purpose of trashing GM and Cadillac makes you a TROLL.http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif

The car was totaled because the exhaust burnt a hole through the brake line. One lost brake line = complete loss of brake fluids and zero braking ability. She wrote it, but you chose not to read it. If someone has an adgenda here it seems to be you.

gothicaleigh
02-11-05, 06:43 PM
Why didn't your insurance cover the car and hospital bills?;'

Rolex
02-13-05, 01:38 PM
The car was totaled because the exhaust burnt a hole through the brake line. One lost brake line = complete loss of brake fluids and zero braking ability. She wrote it, but you chose not to read it. If someone has an adgenda here it seems to be you.

An agenda....absolutely!!! My first problem is this woman is the kind of person who shows up at the forums only to bad-mouth Cadillac. Why don't you read over this woman's old posts to see what I mean. All of her posts are negative, Cadillac/GM bashing drivel. She said she wasn't badly hurt in this accident, but she wanted GM to pay her medical bills?! She was also demanding GM "gift" her a new Cadillac, though she wasn't demanding an XLR. IF she totaled her car and injured herself, her insurance would pay for all medical bills and the price of the car, right? (That's what insurance is for)So why would she also demand that GM provide her with a new car free of cost? Does any of this sound reasonable to you? And don't suggest to me that she only had liability insurance....the kind of people who buy new XLRs don't settle for liability coverage. I believe she bought an XLR that turned out to be a lemon, and she wanted her Escalade back after they refused to give her a loaner car. JMHO

I understand what this woman is saying very well ( i just think most of it is bull butter). I've read over her posts carefully. She ALLEGES her exhaust ("exsult system") burned a hole in her brake line causing her to have an accident (which sounds like something that could stimulate a recall). In another thread she says her XLR had transmission problems and then "died" after 60 days. I believe she came here (to a forum full of Cadillac enthusiasts) to bash on Cadillac. I also believe her demands on GM are totally unreasonable, even if this story is true. My main agenda is to point out a TROLL.
Definitions of troll on the Web:

1. An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list or message board to bait people to answer. Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it. Also, the person who posts such messages.

2. A purposely stupid, inflammatory, or downright wrong article (closely related to flamebait). Its purpose is to get people mad and make them look stupid and gullible.

cadillacmike68
02-16-05, 09:07 AM
EIGHTY NINE THOUSAND??????? That's about 15 THOUSAND over invoice. Must have been the first one in your state. New ones are being advertised for right around sticker now and lightly used ones in the high sixties.

The whole situation appears to really suck. Complete ATF leak on day 1??? Ehat caused that, a loose pan or bad gasket??? Burned brake line. Was there a hole in exhaust??? If not there's a possible recall problem here.

Anyway, if your insurance paid off any loan (or the "ACV" or the totalled XLR) then GM might have a legal leg to stand on as far as the car damage, but I would continue to try and find a lawyer (one of the few classes of humans actually LOWER than car stealerships) to take the case. Good luck.

gygmy
03-01-05, 10:52 AM
"flamebait". Funny! The English language is a wonderful thing.

cadillacmike68
03-11-05, 02:32 PM
Another question on this:

How the hell does one "total" a $75,000.00 car????:hmm: I mean, like did it DISINTEGRATE in the crash, or did it burst into FLAMES or did you run it into a concrete wall or what ???

equiring minds want to know ...

Rolex
03-17-05, 07:05 AM
Another question on this:

How the hell does one "total" a $75,000.00 car????:hmm: I mean, like did it DISINTEGRATE in the crash, or did it burst into FLAMES or did you run it into a concrete wall or what ???

equiring minds want to know ...

You're wasting your time with this. This person is a TROLL http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif who came here for no other reason then to bash on Cadillac. She wasn't interested in the valuable feedback the members have to offer people with real problems. Her story holds up like a submarine with a screen door IMHO. I seriously doubt she will ever return to back up her rant with any factual details.

gloria smith = http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif

cadillacmike68
03-22-05, 02:26 PM
Probaly never even bought an XLR!

Where'd you find the kool troll icon???????

Xrayqueen
03-25-05, 11:21 AM
Is it the dealership that's giving you crap or is it really GM, cause that stinks. Sue them for a new car and your medical bills, they deserve a good lesson.

I am disapointed that they are doing this to you, someone needs fired.

I had problems with one Caddy dealer. They were unhelpful, so I went to another dealer in a rich neighborhood. The service was night and day,They fixed all the issues and apologized for the bad service I had at the other dealer.
If all else fails get in touch with GM directly. I hope everything works out ok for you. But as consumers we must demand good custumer service. Write letters, e-mails etc. Companies depend on us just walking away. We must stand strong and demand good customer service..
Peace :)

kingofthe501
04-02-05, 12:25 AM
Good Call Rolex.............Thanks for the lesson......... Now I'm gonna be looking for trolls @ every site I go (which is only this one). Thanx again Rolex

BluEyes
04-03-05, 11:41 AM

You have to have two holes in a modern braking system to lose ALL braking ability.
Dual circuit brakes have been around for over 30 years now. If you get a hole in the front circuit, you still have rear brakes, if you get a hole in the rear, you still have the front.
Since the exhaust cannot burn a hole in the chassis brake hardlines, I have to assume that the rubber flex lines by the wheels got a hole. Since I doubt that the exhaust pipes run past the front wheels, I must assume that the exhaust burned a hole in one of the rear brake flex lines. Considering how tight clearances get sometimes in modern cars, I can see this happening if someone on the assembley line fugged up, but I'm still a bit doubtful.
Anyways, even with the rear brake line cut, the car would STILL have full use of the front brakes. You have to push the pedal in farther, but they will still work.

I would want more proof on the brake failure if I were GM as well.

GNSCOTT
04-04-05, 05:40 PM
If I was GM I would have done the same thing. If i get into an accident, how is GM supposed to know that my brakes really did fail and i'm not just saying that. That is what your insurance company is for. Your insurance company is supposed to pay for your damages, your medical bills, and a loaner. Later, if it is found to be a manufacturers fault, then your insurance company will sue GM. You know how many kids who wreck daddy's car say the brakes failed or the accelerator stuck? So how long after you buy a car do you think GM should replace it with another one if you crash it?

RealmCenter
04-10-05, 02:14 PM
BlueEyes made the same point I was going to, a total brake failure would be an extremely far stretch due to the dual circuit system (although I belive it's l/f r/r and r/f l/r that on on seperate circuits not f/f r/r

cadillacmike68
04-29-05, 04:53 PM
Um guys,

I think we have a phantom troll here, I mean how do yo TOTAL a $75,000 car? ? ? ?

Seems made up to me...

BluEyes
05-03-05, 02:40 PM
BlueEyes made the same point I was going to, a total brake failure would be an extremely far stretch due to the dual circuit system (although I belive it's l/f r/r and r/f l/r that on on seperate circuits not f/f r/r

I think they changed it sometime. My older GM's are f/f, r/r, but on newer vehicles I think they went to having opposite corners on the same circuit.

terrible one
05-23-05, 10:54 PM
Notice how she hasn't replied now that everyone has caught on to her. :-/

mccombie_5
06-13-05, 07:48 PM
Basically gloria smith is a lying troll, she is clearly full of Bull****

BluEyes
06-15-05, 12:33 PM
Dude, the post was made in september 2004. That's 9 months ago. Let's let this one die...

Cadence
07-05-05, 01:03 AM
A brake line too close to the Exhaust? Never in my life have I heard of such a thing.:cookoo: