: Wet Feet

bbshriver
09-12-11, 08:29 AM
I live in NC, and my parents live in Fl, and my wife's family is in PA so we end up taking 1+ 400mi 1-way trip per month, about 8 hrs in the car one way.

On our most recent trip to PA I noticed after several hours of driving that something was dripping onto the accelerator pedal. Not a constant stream, just an occasional drip.

Any ideas what this could be?

C&C
09-12-11, 12:47 PM
It sounds as it might be the evaporator drain is plugged. If you run the a/c and you 'don't' see a puddle under your car you may have a plugged hose.

bbshriver
09-12-11, 12:51 PM
I do get a puddle under the car.

Also this only happens after several hours... normal daily commute (30mi. one way) it does not happen.

C&C
09-12-11, 07:12 PM
Is it/was it cold; it still may be condensate. Can you evaluate any other attributes: color, smell, temperature?

orange57
09-12-11, 09:54 PM
do you have a sunroof? I had another car where the drain from the sunroof got clogged down near the door, and this backed up into the car. Now it didn't drip on my feet, but after a heavy rain my carpet was soaked. Since I live in AZ, and the next day was sunny, all I had to do was leave the windows down all day :)

bbshriver
09-13-11, 11:25 AM
Do not have sunroof.

Cold, clear, and odorless. A/C condensate would make sense as I've only noticed it on hot days. How might I get to the drain line to see if it is plugged (and clear it if so)?

C&C
09-13-11, 12:16 PM
The drain is in the engine compartment on the firewall, passenger side, low. (you may even hear water shushing around) Sometimes debris or a spider web will occlude drainage.