: Roof Dents?

Alpinelx
09-11-11, 09:17 PM
I just bought an 06 CTS-V and noticed that the roof is buckled at each of the four (4) corners of the moon roof. You can only see it when the car is clean and at the right angle, but was wondering if others have experienced the same thing. According to the carfax, the vehicle has been in an accident, but the suspension seems great and the car drives strait as an arrow. It almost seems like someone took through a turn so hard that the roof buckled. Anyway, it in not that apparent, but am curious if anyone has had the same experience.

CadzillaTN
09-11-11, 11:31 PM
Yeah it's very common, nothing to worry about.

Alpinelx
09-12-11, 12:26 AM
Interesting, Does it have to do with the roof sheet metal being too thin, or the fact that the car can wip around a corner and flex the body?

mstrjon32
09-12-11, 12:23 PM
This happened to me after a drive on the A62 where I was averaging 130 mph. At one point the wind caught the roof and it caused the entire car to shake. After I stopped I checked out the roof and had similar dents to the ones you are describing. I was really annoyed at first, but as with everything in life...with time, comes apathy.

I no longer drive 100+ with the roof open, BTW.

Alpinelx
09-12-11, 05:02 PM
Wow, that's interesting. Do you or anyone else on here know if you can do the hair dryer + compressed air trick on these areas to pop them back to original? It doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't notice them until I already signed the papers for the car. BTW - I went from a 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC to the 06 V and have to say it is a world of difference. These are great cars!

mstrjon32
09-12-11, 06:15 PM
You'd probably be better off just taking it to a good PDR guy if it really bothers you. Give it a few days, though. You'll get over it.

CadzillaTN
09-12-11, 08:54 PM
Wow, that's interesting. Do you or anyone else on here know if you can do the hair dryer + compressed air trick on these areas to pop them back to original? It doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't notice them until I already signed the papers for the car. BTW - I went from a 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC to the 06 V and have to say it is a world of difference. These are great cars!

So you're no stranger to wheelhop! I knew a chick with a hunter green one and it tramped like hell. She was a tramp too but that's another story.

Post some pics if it's that bad. Mine is so subtle you can only see it when it's waxed and your cheek is parallel with the roof..

Alpinelx
09-13-11, 12:49 AM
Ya, its a black car, and your right, only when its waxed can you see it. Its one of those things that only the owner notices. lol I will post pictures later this week. I am currently in Canada on business. Also, I actually have 2 Thunderbirds, 1) 94 4.6 2) 95 3.8 SC 5-Speed. Yes, wheel hop has always been a problem with the IRS cars. Thank you for everyone's input, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem with the roof dents.

wcryan
09-13-11, 02:01 AM
I can see it on mine too. But barley