: interior trim differences between 2011 and 2012

velopod
09-11-11, 08:02 PM
So, putting together a factory order for a 2012 V-wagon after much searching for the perfect vehicle ;-0

Only thing I can't seem to get an answer on (and this site might be able to help) is with the interior trim. Piano black std for 2011 with the sapele wood option. But, I saw a 2012 being prepped at my dealer and the trim was a sorta' checkered/carbon look grey plastic (I assume). Still had the piano black on the center console, etc. Checked the sticker and nothing. This was on a black diamond with titanium interior.

So, did Caddy change this trim because of the easily scratched complaints? Anyone know? Could it be the titanium interior gets this? I assume the sedan and vagon are the same with trim bits.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to contributing.

Squirlz
09-11-11, 10:03 PM
That's what my '12 has with the graphite interior. I like it!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6069/6112572813_bcaff1dbdc_z.jpg

velopod
09-11-11, 10:18 PM
Hey, thanks squirlz! Appears we have VERY similar taste!

I can't tell from that photo (thanks again BTW), but is that lighter colored strip somewhat textured? Looks great!

mother
09-11-11, 10:39 PM
The fake carbon fiber bits are what gets replaced with the midnight sapele wood. However previously it was much darker than that picture looks...

Yankees10
09-12-11, 12:39 AM
I think you can order just the black diamond paint without having to get the other options as standard (wood trim and recaro seats)...I may be wrong but I am sure a dealer can clear that up for you easily.

MReiland
09-12-11, 07:15 AM
I think what you are asking is the Saeple wood replace the Onyx Black and I believe the answer is no, either you get the carbon fiber look pieces on the sides of it or you can optionally have the Saeple wood there, either way you get the shiny black (somewhat scratchable ;>) center console.

M5eater
09-12-11, 08:39 AM
Sapele wood has been an optional extra since 09. I see the standard interior sans that option in the picture above. on the BDE, it's included with the package. As Matt stated as well, you're going to get the Black center trim regardless in a V.

Squirlz
09-12-11, 12:49 PM
Hey, thanks squirlz! Appears we have VERY similar taste!

I can't tell from that photo (thanks again BTW), but is that lighter colored strip somewhat textured? Looks great!

It's smooth, not textured. I wanted mine to be just like a Black Diamond Edition but everything is ala carte now. My dealer missed the Sapele wood option but I like it as it is.

thebigjimsho
09-12-11, 10:06 PM
My only regret was not getting Midnight Sapele on my '09...

mother
09-12-11, 11:41 PM
When I was test driving and trying to decide what I wanted I went directly from a Sapele/"Suede" car to a base/leather car and I felt like I had just sat back down in a Camaro. To me those two made a vast difference in how 'classy' the interior looks from the drivers seat. I never in a thousand years thought I would pay extra for the 'wood trim' in a performance car...

RapidRob
09-13-11, 12:06 AM

Jim - was that option even available in early 2009? As I recall, when I ordered in 12/2008, there wasn't ...

Rob

M5eater
09-13-11, 07:25 AM
When I was test driving and trying to decide what I wanted I went directly from a Sapele/"Suede" car to a base/leather car and I felt like I had just sat back down in a Camaro. To me those two made a vast difference in how 'classy' the interior looks from the drivers seat. I never in a thousand years thought I would pay extra for the 'wood trim' in a performance car...

I don't want to brag :P but I completely agree. I never thought in a million years I'd actually be happy with some old plant on the doors and dash, and yet I still find that it looks like it belongs there. Maybe some day I'll grab some carbon trim and actually wrap it in carbon fiber, but for now. I don't find myself throwing up at the idea of wood trim in a 556hp sedan.

thebigjimsho
09-13-11, 01:13 PM
Jim - was that option even available in early 2009? As I recall, when I ordered in 12/2008, there wasn't ...

RobI don't know. But it was available later in '09. I bought my V because of the 0% financing on leftover '09s. If I wanted to wait and take more time off from work to fly out and drive back to MA from San Fran, I could've had an '09 with no miles and the midnight sapele for not much more than the one I got in San Antonio, which was a dealer demo...