: Exhaust note...

shchow
09-11-11, 02:17 PM
I've had my bone stock V for a little over a year now and I swear the exhaust note has gotten better.
It sounds deeper and a little more aggressive than new.
Maybe just wishful thinking...

JFJr
09-11-11, 05:20 PM
I've noticed that on 2 of my C5 Corvettes, but not so much from my 2009 "V." Hopefully, we'll be offered the Z06/ZR1 dual mode exhaust for 2013.

Club Malibu
09-11-11, 05:41 PM
Me too. It took about 8,000 miles.

Ronsv
09-11-11, 06:16 PM
About 5,000 miles on my 2011 and yes, I too have noticed a bit more of an aggressive exhaust note, unfortunately still not aggressive enough. The question remains, which aftermarket exhaust to go with? Headers are a must as you just can't get the same exhaust note less headers, but hate to kill the warranty so soon. Come to think of it a little more S/C growl would be nice too, so a cold air intake is a must. Since the warranty will be long gone once I have to tune out the post cat 02's for the headers and re-trim the mass air flow sensor for the cold air intake, might as well add a crank pulley and be done with it.

M5eater
09-11-11, 06:36 PM
4600 miles here, haven't noticed this. Is it something you have to have the windows and no other sounds going on-type thing to realize?

Cub Cadet
09-11-11, 07:10 PM
When the exhaust wears in, the note will get deeper. After 18k miles, mine was not deep enough so I added 2" SW headers, high flow cats and 3" SW exhaust. I absolutely love it. No drone at any rpm and the fit and finish is perfect. The only trouble I had was getting the tune just right for them and the New Era CAI... Right now, I am right on with good fuel trims, and correct O2 switching. So far, I am at 550 RWHP and 533 RWTQ with just the exhaust and CAI.

JFJr
09-11-11, 07:25 PM
Don't you folks with aftermarket headers, etc., worry about cooking wiring, etc., under the hood because of increased engine compartment heat over stock?

Torxila
09-11-11, 07:34 PM
Don't you folks with aftermarket headers, etc., worry about cooking wiring, etc., under the hood because of increased engine compartment heat over stock?

Actually most guys get some form of heat coating on their headers which lowers underhood temps.

JOEYCTS-V
09-11-11, 07:53 PM
Mine aren't coated and didn't even notice increased under hood temps.

ecorpuz12
09-11-11, 08:00 PM
i've kind of noticed it too....but i'm still getting corsa touring axle back pipes installed this week.

stabie
09-11-11, 09:35 PM
Heard a panamera today while at a shop as I was walking out. Man, that car has a crappy note at idle. It sounded like things were grinding in the engine. Was there something wrong with it or do they all sound like that. The V note is ok at idle, but prefer my C6 sound at idle. Both my V and C6 are stock.

JFJr
09-11-11, 09:43 PM
Heard a panamera today while at a shop as I was walking out. Man, that car has a crappy note at idle. It sounded like things were grinding in the engine. Was there something wrong with it or do they all sound like that. The V note is ok at idle, but prefer my C6 sound at idle. Both my V and C6 are stock.Well, 911's now sound like insects, so I'm not surprised.

M5eater
09-12-11, 07:58 AM
Heard a panamera today while at a shop as I was walking out. Man, that car has a crappy note at idle. It sounded like things were grinding in the engine. Was there something wrong with it or do they all sound like that. The V note is ok at idle, but prefer my C6 sound at idle. Both my V and C6 are stock.

the 6's sound horrible, aside from the fact that they pack as many ponies as the soon-to be 2012 impala.. You need a V8 or turbo to get any grumble/ go-fastest-nesses.