: back seat arm rest cup holders

paden
09-10-11, 03:57 PM
Found melted crayons in my rear cup holders. Anyone have tips on either removing the crayon stains, or removing and replacing the cup holders?

I tried a steamer and only was able to remove most of it, but it looks like my cup holders were painted.

orange57
09-10-11, 08:39 PM
Try putting a towel in there with the steamer, the towel may absorb the was from the crayons. I know that if you spill candle wax on carpet, if you put a towel down and then use an Iron on the towel the wax will melt and you can get it to stick to the towel.

STS guy
09-11-11, 09:53 AM
Applying cold might help. Put in a few ice cubes and see if you can chip the crayon wax off.

CTBB
09-13-11, 01:04 AM
Rear seat cupholder insert only runs about $13 from gmpartsdirect. Why not just slip one in and cover what I assume are stains in the armrest vinyl? Again, I assume you're talking about a 2005 or newer STS?

Glenn

paden
09-14-11, 09:19 AM
Thank you so much. Yes, it is a 2006 STS.

I should have just looked at the cost to replace before posting, as that was an easy one. I do appreciate you looking into the cost. $13 is a no brainer. However, I am fearful of interior components, as I tend to break clips etc. Is the removal of the cup holder easy? Is there an instruction set somewhere.

I am taking the lazy way out by using the forum, but, what the heck, we are here to talk STS aren't we?

CTBB
09-14-11, 07:17 PM
Well, I took a look at mine, and again "assumed" that it would just pop out, but after some determined tugging at all 4 sides all I got were some nice creases in my fingertips. As you stated, I don't want to break any clips, especially since mine doesn't need repair. We'll have to wait for someone that has managed to do the job to chime in here.

Glenn