: oh boy oh boy. just drove a 2012 GTR.

e6t
09-09-11, 03:59 PM
goodness. i thought the caddy was fast...

newcadman
09-09-11, 09:09 PM
goodness. i thought the caddy was fast...

A reported 0-60 time of 2.9 sec. and 11.2 ET in the 1/4 !!

Better have more than a few mods if you're thinking of " playing" with one of these new ones.

Razorecko
09-09-11, 09:18 PM
That car is so fast its almost no "fun" . Seriously though, you dump 90k and nobody in their right mind will ever want to line up with you unless there is that 1 in a 1000 chance you hit someone who's on dr's on the way to the track

e6t
09-09-11, 09:55 PM
i will say that its much harder to make go fast than an auto v. takes off slow unless you launch, but once it spools up, holy shit, it digs in and goes and goes and goes until you're scared and let off. It was so fast it felt like a sport bike. also, torque at low rpms seemed non-existent which was what i was afraid of.

in full auto mode, kickdowns take an eternity.

i pullled up next to a kid in a modded wrx sti at a stoplight. he looked over, smiled like he was embarrassed and looked away.

i thought 0-60 was 2.6?

dcc8203
09-09-11, 10:32 PM
The performance envelope for the GTR is insane, but the styling is just a buzz kill for me. Compared to the Voupe, it is just a pig (appearance wise).

I guess I have to condition my opinion that I've never closely inspected one, just seen them in the car mags and once or twice at a stop light.

LitiGATOR
09-09-11, 10:35 PM
How about the shifting? It's instant.

timv33
09-10-11, 01:00 AM
I be glad to line up with one in my new ZR1. It may have all wheel drive but I got over 100 more Horsepower and few hundred less pounds. Quickest ZR1 on stock tires is 10.7 in the quater . No stock GTR will ever do that.

cbloveday
09-10-11, 01:13 AM
I think stock is 11.2 on the 2012 gtr

I actually like the styling

MReiland
09-10-11, 07:21 AM
MT posted a pretty sweet time in the Z06/Z07 in their best drivers car against teh GTR. I guess they said the sport cup tires turn the Z06 into an entirely different animal on the track.

neuronbob
09-10-11, 07:59 AM
I :heart: the entire Skyline line, including its successor, the GT-R. I even like the looks of the GT-R. I would love to drive one.

CIWS
09-10-11, 08:28 AM
I be glad to line up with one in my new ZR1. It may have all wheel drive but I got over 100 more Horsepower and few hundred less pounds. Quickest ZR1 on stock tires is 10.7 in the quater . No stock GTR will ever do that.

Yours is more expensive stock cost. This is the same old game again, the more expensive car is faster. Cadillac brought the 09 CTS-V with performance that matched or beat it's competitors for less money.

Rock1
09-10-11, 12:32 PM
I "bumped" into one 2010/11 when I had my C6 Z06 (stock) on the highway it was an easy walk he had ZERO for me. We even slowed to a nice 50 roll and it was stupid the Z pulled on him like a freight train. When I wanted to line up again for some reason he didnt want to line up again :thumbsup: BUT from a dead-stop with Launch control I don't know of anyone outside a pro driver that can take it.

I actually considered getting a GTR as I think its a sexy car as well as something that you definitely don't see everyday but Nissan keeps to tight a reign on what you can and cant do from oil changes to the way you drive the car and I don't like that one bit, if I drop 90K on a car I want to be able to at least have the ability to change my own oil rather then go to a specified GTR authorized dealer etc.

SILVER-V
09-10-11, 06:00 PM
Personally I think that all these "flappy paddle" gearbox cars take the fun away from racing. Drag racing in a straight line is no fun if all you have to do is set the Launch control and just click, click, click on the paddle a couple times. If it was a track with turns then its no matter because you are still involved by downshifting and turning the wheel. You might as well not even drive the car at all, the computer basically does everything for you. Speaking of GTR's and V's... im sure you all may have seen this video already though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-AZ77ChGw&feature=related

M5eater
09-10-11, 07:01 PM
Yours is more expensive stock cost. This is the same old game again, the more expensive car is faster. Cadillac brought the 09 CTS-V with performance that matched or beat it's competitors for less money.

Right, but that's almost all they brought. there's a large quality and functionality difference between an E63 and F10(or even E60) M5 compared to a V2, the gap shrunk with the new model, but it's still there, and very noticeable imo. I knew there would be some difference, but after my experience in a fully loaded E63 AMG last weekend, I can tell you my thoughts about the price differences have changed.

You simply can't get everything right *and* cost 40K less than the competition. the GTR almost has this hammered down, and I will admit a lot of the ZR1's 121K loaded price has something to do with it's name, but I'm not sure there's anyone out there who won't admit to 1-2 flaws.

NiceRide
09-11-11, 10:10 PM
I "bumped" into one 2010/11 when I had my C6 Z06 (stock) on the highway it was an easy walk he had ZERO for me. We even slowed to a nice 50 roll and it was stupid the Z pulled on him like a freight train. When I wanted to line up again for some reason he didnt want to line up again :thumbsup: BUT from a dead-stop with Launch control I don't know of anyone outside a pro driver that can take it.

I actually considered getting a GTR as I think its a sexy car as well as something that you definitely don't see everyday but Nissan keeps to tight a reign on what you can and cant do from oil changes to the way you drive the car and I don't like that one bit, if I drop 90K on a car I want to be able to at least have the ability to change my own oil rather then go to a specified GTR authorized dealer etc.

Sure, buddy. Your story is so full of shit you ended up walking in it. No half-competent GT-R driver would be afraid to line up against your stock C6 Z06. And why wouldn't you be able to change your own oil on a GT-R??

nsaness
09-11-11, 10:33 PM
GTR is way too expensive to compare to a CTS-V. AWD sucks for a truly fun pleasure car, or a competent performance driver. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of the sport. Three true statements to be taken as you wish...

M5eater
09-12-11, 07:36 AM
GTR is way too expensive to compare to a CTS-V. AWD sucks for a truly fun pleasure car, or a competent performance driver. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of the sport. Three true statements to be taken as you wish...

Here I thought Rally was an acutal sport with professional drivers. Silly me.

Tedboss1
09-12-11, 10:19 AM
With few mods you can have a 8 seconds GTR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbnfdnuSKE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

M5eater
09-12-11, 10:25 AM

I really don't find those things impressive at all, striking and silly yes, however they're into that car in well excess of $70-80K--thats almost the price of another gt-r. Toss $70-80K in parts on a Civic and it's going to go fast in a straight line too. Go-fast parts in the 5-10K region are where you should be eyeballing for a comparison between makes/models, if one were inclined to make their car go faster that is. beyond that everything sort of merges together in being a bottomless pit of money.

haterinc
09-12-11, 01:02 PM
yikes...

but yes it appears you can change your own oil: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25886&st=0&p=369272&#entry369272

also, though this is an interesting read as the maintenance appears expensive: http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/03/2009-nissan-gt-r-bargain-supercar-gets-expensive.html

stabie
09-12-11, 01:21 PM
Ouch on the gtr maint. I get the oil changed on my vette at the caddy dealer (I luv their service) and I think I paid like $75 for it and partook of the coffee and donuts for free. I mean seriously, over 200 for the oil change part. They gotta be kiddin.

SILVER-V
09-12-11, 02:13 PM
Sure, buddy. Your story is so full of shit you ended up walking in it. No half-competent GT-R driver would be afraid to line up against your stock C6 Z06. And why wouldn't you be able to change your own oil on a GT-R??

I don't see a single point in his story where its "full of shit" I love GTR's and Z06's alike but I know their strengths and weaknesses. He said that they even slowed down to 50 for the second race, meaning that the first race was at an even higher starting MPH = NO Wheelspin for the Z. Z06 = Way more power/less weight, easy walk from a roll if the driver can keep up with the GTR shifting. It's not rocket science, the Trap speed in the 1/4 mile says it all, the Z has at least 5 mph/about 5 car lengths on the GTR with a decent driver. A 16 year old can drive a GTR, its basically a PS3 on wheels...Yes I've driven one. The GTR will win 70-80% of the time from a dead stop though, only a few Z06 drivers know how to drive their car to the limit. Hell I raced a Z06 with Intake and Nitrous, on my Evo with about 400WHP. I won 4 out 5 times although he should have beat me by about 10 cars EVERYTIME, the guy couldn't get a good start....it was that simple.

M5eater
09-12-11, 02:28 PM
$83/quart... what...a...joke. Even Motul or other top-tier racing oil isn't 1/4 that much.

No wonder Service managers treat GT-R owners like Gold.

Speedtrapped
09-12-11, 02:55 PM

Hey U live in jersey too, tell ya what, as much as I luv my Vagon(she is in shop now as we speak getting some goodies) you and I can drive around N NJ in the hills on a rainy day, with RS6(btw, its not stock, not by a mile) but it is a TIP AWD(TIP, I wish Audi imported RS6 M6, but alais no) the car is a blast to drive spirited, especially in shite weather.

LitiGATOR
09-12-11, 03:18 PM
My brother just had to purchase the fluids for his GTR, ridiculously expensive, and right now --- hard to find. He had to call five or six different dealerships to find some and came up empty. Finally, he went through a friend of ours that owns a body shop and ordered some from an out-of-state dealership.

Rock1
09-12-11, 07:14 PM

Full of shit..really if you took half the time to read my post ass clown you would see I walked one from a roll not a dead stop. Secondly it was not a new one it was pre HP boost. So before you say I'm full of shit why don't you take a reading comprehension course. And for the not changing your own oil it comes from the GTR Costumer Disclosure Form though in goes against the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act Nissian can void your warranty if maintenance was done by an unauthorized dealer or the use of parts, lubricants etc that were not certified for the GTR.

NiceRide
09-12-11, 08:42 PM
Full of shit..really if you took half the time to read my post ass clown you would see I walked one from a roll not a dead stop. Secondly it was not a new one it was pre HP boost. So before you say I'm full of shit why don't you take a reading comprehension course. And for the not changing your own oil it comes from the GTR Costumer Disclosure Form though in goes against the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act Nissian can void your warranty if maintenance was done by an unauthorized dealer or the use of parts, lubricants etc that were not certified for the GTR.
First of all, apologies to e6t for derailing this thread. Secondly, please excuse my frankness in the following rebuttal to your gibberish.

Rock1, you said you bumped into a '10, '11 GT-R and "walked" it as well as slowed to 50 and "pulled on him like a freight train." Obviously this is a good example of exaggeration, we all know better the two cars are fairly close stock for stock. No where in my post did I reference this occurred from a roll or stop. I don't think a reading comprehension course would change my opinion on this, I read you clearly the first time. I had no idea there was a Customer Disclosure form asking GT-R owners not to change our own oil...hmmmmm point me to those docs please. Then you throw in the Mag-Moss act to prove your point about what??? Just so you know genius, Joe Schmoe can change his own oil, and other fluids on the GT-R and not have to worry about Mag-Moss b/c nobody's gonna deny his warranty because of that, contraire to what you might believe.

Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry you were offended that I said you were full of shit. Maybe you just didn't know. That's ok, ignorance is bliss in your case. And please stop talking about the GT-R, your misinformation is appalling.

Luna.
09-12-11, 09:39 PM

Agree. Their bread-and-butter is the launch. I'd be happy to play with one. Yeah, I'm far from stock, I know, but still... :)

mberisha
09-13-11, 09:44 AM
I saw this one at the 'Ring last week after I took my lap.....

For what it's worth....with the right driver....they look like they stick the NurburgRing like an F1 car......

http://img003.picture2life.net/13187779/GTR_document-small_medium.png

TMC CL65
09-13-11, 11:03 AM
i will say that its much harder to make go fast than an auto v. takes off slow unless you launch, but once it spools up, holy shit, it digs in and goes and goes and goes until you're scared and let off. It was so fast it felt like a sport bike. also, torque at low rpms seemed non-existent which was what i was afraid of.

in full auto mode, kickdowns take an eternity.

i pullled up next to a kid in a modded wrx sti at a stoplight. he looked over, smiled like he was embarrassed and looked away.

i thought 0-60 was 2.6?

I totally disagree with you. I own both an '09 CTS-V (auto) and an '09 GT-R. I have a generic Cobb 93 octane tune, mid-pipe and drop-in air filters on the GT-R. It is probably a little stronger (25hp more) than a '12 GT-R. I hooked up my vbox and ran a 3.30s 0-60 time and 1/4 mile of 11.30s WITHOUT using launch control...just hitting the throttle off idle....on a regular street ...obviously without track prep (private road of course). If you want immediate down shifts in auto mode...you only need to flip the "R" (Racing) mode switch to make the transmission shift faster.

Tom

TMC CL65
09-13-11, 11:16 AM

True...but not every ZR1 driver is Jamie Furman (who I have seen run @ MIR numerous times... he is able to get the most out of all his stock cars... Ford GT, Z06, ZR1, Viper..etc and he is a really nice guy to boot). I would be willing to bet that if you lined up 100 random stock ZR1's with their owners and 100 random stock '12 GT-R's. The GT-R would win at least 70% of the head-to head match-ups (providing that all GT-R owners used launch control) in a 1/4 mile drag race at the track. The GT-R times would be clustered together from 11.2-11.5...the ZR1 would have a REALLY wide range of times... possibly a few 10s passes...all the way into the 12s. Not many drivers are able to harness the torque in such a light car...with stock tires. I am sure 99% of the ZR1 would post higher trap speeds...but that isn't much consolation when you are talking about drag races...

Tom

e6t
09-13-11, 12:03 PM
its funny... i started this thread to say that the gtr was crazy fast. which it is. stock for stock, there is little that can beat it.

if you think otherwise, you havent driven one. it is REALLY hard to get a v to do 0-60 in 4.0. any moron can make that run in a gtr, WITHOUT launch control. with a launch the car gets to sixty in 74% of the time it takes a perfectly launched V... that leaves a LOT of room for error.

remember kids, i was comparing the speed of the v and the speed of the gtr... not a z06, zr1, bugatti, or otherwise.

1madstsv
09-14-11, 07:33 AM
I have a smart for 2 and I beat a gt-r. O wate I woke up now never mind. But in all serious ness I ran a 2010 gt-r with 480whp so he said with my 3100lbs c5 h/c car and was right with him from 60-120.

e6t
09-14-11, 09:44 AM
I totally disagree with you. I own both an '09 CTS-V (auto) and an '09 GT-R. I have a generic Cobb 93 octane tune, mid-pipe and drop-in air filters on the GT-R. It is probably a little stronger (25hp more) than a '12 GT-R. I hooked up my vbox and ran a 3.30s 0-60 time and 1/4 mile of 11.30s WITHOUT using launch control...just hitting the throttle off idle....on a regular street ...obviously without track prep (private road of course). If you want immediate down shifts in auto mode...you only need to flip the "R" (Racing) mode switch to make the transmission shift faster.

Tom

just my opinion... the gtr seemed to need more revs and seemed to be less "torquey" than the V. I will defer to you, because you have a much clearer idea on how to drive the gtr. my seat of the pants impressions was that from a dig an auto V could, sans boiling the tires, get a slight jump on a non-launch controlled gtr... by jump, i mean maybe a car length. BUT and this is a big but, the gtr would scream past and not look back.

im sure that i didnt have the car in all the proper modes as i had never driven one and didnt really think it appropriate to ask the sales guy for a run down prior to him sending me on my way! it should be noted that the first time i drove an auto v, i didnt know to put the tranny in sport mode...

let me reiterate in case there is any ambiguity in my statement: stock gtr=faster than stock v. stock v=more seat of pants torque+lower revs="easier to make go fast".

im now waiting to get my hands on a 2012 991.

550HP STSV
09-14-11, 01:26 PM
I have a smart for 2 and I beat a gt-r. O wate I woke up now never mind. But in all serious ness I ran a 2010 gt-r with 480whp so he said with my 3100lbs c5 h/c car and was right with him from 60-120.

LOL. you ran a 2010 GTR with your STS-V huh, ryan?

1madstsv
09-14-11, 01:40 PM
No my 99 frc corvette that runs 11.7 @121 on 305/35/19 nito invos. And as of last week 11.2@124 on m/t tires. Not my v.

TMC CL65
09-14-11, 02:43 PM
just my opinion... the gtr seemed to need more revs and seemed to be less "torquey" than the V. I will defer to you, because you have a much clearer idea on how to drive the gtr. my seat of the pants impressions was that from a dig an auto V could, sans boiling the tires, get a slight jump on a non-launch controlled gtr... by jump, i mean maybe a car length. BUT and this is a big but, the gtr would scream past and not look back.

im sure that i didnt have the car in all the proper modes as i had never driven one and didnt really think it appropriate to ask the sales guy for a run down prior to him sending me on my way! it should be noted that the first time i drove an auto v, i didnt know to put the tranny in sport mode...

let me reiterate in case there is any ambiguity in my statement: stock gtr=faster than stock v. stock v=more seat of pants torque+lower revs="easier to make go fast".

im now waiting to get my hands on a 2012 991.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have said "totally disagree" with you. I can see how if the transmission was left in the normal mode...it may feel a little sluggish. I tend to make sure that the car is in the right conifguration when I am looking to nail thr throttle.
Tom

e6t
09-14-11, 02:50 PM
In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have said "totally disagree" with you. I can see how if the transmission was left in the normal mode...it may feel a little sluggish. I tend to make sure that the car is in the right conifguration when I am looking to nail thr throttle.
Tom

one thing i did figure out was how to put the suspension in comfort mode... the damn thing was shaking the hell out of my moobs.

Mr. P.
09-22-11, 01:15 PM
...shaking the hell out of my moobs.

ROFL

Mr. P. :)

Nuieve
09-22-11, 06:37 PM
One of the the car mags (C&D?) ran GTR with and without traction control. Yes, it was 2.8 or something like that with launch controlf, but only 4.2 or so without one (real world). Still no doubt faster than V...

Tedboss1
10-03-11, 03:13 PM
For 2013 GTR will have 570 HP:

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2013-nissan-gt-r-to-get-570hp

mberisha
10-05-11, 03:16 PM
For 2013 GTR will have 570 HP:

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2013-nissan-gt-r-to-get-570hp

Looks like Nissan will be doing their 'Ring lap w/the 2013 sometime in mid-October according to the link. Does anyone know the day?

Thrill6
10-06-11, 12:44 AM
Right, but that's almost all they brought. there's a large quality and functionality difference between an E63 and F10(or even E60) M5 compared to a V2, the gap shrunk with the new model, but it's still there, and very noticeable imo. I knew there would be some difference, but after my experience in a fully loaded E63 AMG last weekend, I can tell you my thoughts about the price differences have changed.

You simply can't get everything right *and* cost 40K less than the competition. the GTR almost has this hammered down, and I will admit a lot of the ZR1's 121K loaded price has something to do with it's name, but I'm not sure there's anyone out there who won't admit to 1-2 flaws.

The ZR1 has more than 1 or 2 flaws. 7 year old NAV system, piss-poor stereo and crappy seats to name a few, but I'd still buy one if I had the chance.

TMC CL65
10-07-11, 05:53 PM
I was going to post this in the other CTS-V vs GT-R drag racing thread...but that has been locked....

Anyway took my '09 GT-R to a track rental at MIR today. I ran an 11.552 @ 122.19 mph in about 400' DA with 5/8+ tank of gas (usually try to stay just under 3/8) ... Cobb 93 octane (generic) tune, AAM Mid-pipe, HKS drop-in filters and WITHOUT using launch control (1.955 60'). I didn't build any revs...I just hit the gas and went. They were running two lanes today: one for drag radials/slicks with VHT sprayed down.... and one without VHT for regular street tires. I was running the original (nearly 14K miles) Bridgestones which are going to be replaced within the next two weeks.

Tom

buddyg
12-17-11, 11:36 AM

A few mods?? That is a total engine rebuild for mega money!

AMS Alpha 12 Turbo System
Balanced and Blueprinted 4.0L VR38 AMS Race Engine
AMS Alpha CNC Race Ported Cylinder Heads
AMS Alpha 12 Transmission by Sheptrans. Upgraded with Dodson and PPG components
AMS Alpha Downpipes
AMS 90mm Resonated Mid-pipe (race version available)
AMS 90mm Race Exhaust Upgrade
AMS Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade
AMS 76mm High-Flow Intercooler Piping
HKS SSQV Blow-Off Valves
AMS Alpha Induction Intake Piping
K&N Air Filters
AMS Turbo Inlet Pipes
AMS Upgraded MAP Sensors
AMS spec. upgraded fuel injectors
AMS Alpha Fuel Rail Kit w/Fuel Pressure Regulator
AMS Alpha Series fuel system upgrades
Cobb AccessPORT tuning system
AMS calibration map dialed in for your car and conditions on both pump gas and race gas

While this is an incredible feat I would hardly call it a few mods!

TMC CL65
12-19-11, 12:55 AM
A few mods?? That is a total engine rebuild for mega money!

AMS Alpha 12 Turbo System
Balanced and Blueprinted 4.0L VR38 AMS Race Engine
AMS Alpha CNC Race Ported Cylinder Heads
AMS Alpha 12 Transmission by Sheptrans. Upgraded with Dodson and PPG components
AMS Alpha Downpipes
AMS 90mm Resonated Mid-pipe (race version available)
AMS 90mm Race Exhaust Upgrade
AMS Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade
AMS 76mm High-Flow Intercooler Piping
HKS SSQV Blow-Off Valves
AMS Alpha Induction Intake Piping
K&N Air Filters
AMS Turbo Inlet Pipes
AMS Upgraded MAP Sensors
AMS spec. upgraded fuel injectors
AMS Alpha Fuel Rail Kit w/Fuel Pressure Regulator
AMS Alpha Series fuel system upgrades
Cobb AccessPORT tuning system
AMS calibration map dialed in for your car and conditions on both pump gas and race gas

While this is an incredible feat I would hardly call it a few mods!

Very true. But with literally $5,275 of parts, software and labor my '09 GT-R was able to run a 10.838 and 10.839 1/4 mile times....WITHOUT using launch control on Dunlop All Season tires (I can probably crack a 10.6X using launch control).

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-GT-R-Timeslip-23642.html

My car isn't an Alpha 12 performance wise by any means...but it does show that it doesn't take too much to put a GT-R consistently into the 10s.

Tom

musclesbmf
12-19-11, 01:25 PM
Many GTR's running consistent 10's at 127 - 129 with full exhaust and a good tune.

mark

VTtransam
12-19-11, 03:42 PM
Tom, can I ask what you do for work? I may need a career change haha.

LitiGATOR
12-19-11, 03:50 PM
My brother ran 10.7 @ 129 with downpipe and a tune --- nothing else, on street tires.

MrMaschine
12-19-11, 05:28 PM
Im still dying to drive one but no chance in hell since no dealers have them or would let test drives happen.

I can only imagine. I almost wish an exotic car rental would have one in their fleet. I hear its pretty crazy this car but the price tag turns me off alot. They also seem to be holding their values strong and much stronger than our V's and any BMW and AMG.

muohio
12-19-11, 10:06 PM
I really love the GTR and wish I could foot the bill. Last time I checked, sticker was about 35k more than I spent on my '11 V. The maintenance was also a little higher than I was willing to spend at this time.

TMC CL65
12-20-11, 10:10 AM
Tom, can I ask what you do for work? I may need a career change haha.

I do tax research and consulting.... but my passion is cars. :thumbsup:

Tom

----------

My brother ran 10.7 @ 129 with downpipe and a tune --- nothing else, on street tires.

That is pretty fast... what year GT-R? Was it a 93 octane tune? Usually to trap that high you need downpipes.

Tom

----------

Im still dying to drive one but no chance in hell since no dealers have them or would let test drives happen.

I can only imagine. I almost wish an exotic car rental would have one in their fleet. I hear its pretty crazy this car but the price tag turns me off alot. They also seem to be holding their values strong and much stronger than our V's and any BMW and AMG.

You are more than welcome to take mine for a spin. Where are you located?

----------

I really love the GTR and wish I could foot the bill. Last time I checked, sticker was about 35k more than I spent on my '11 V. The maintenance was also a little higher than I was willing to spend at this time.

Yeah...maintenance is not cheap... especially if you have Nissan do it. I am now doing maintenance items at AAM (specialize in GT-R tuning) which is about 25 miles from house. I did the rear differential fluid and spark plug change there. The dealership would have charged probably around $1,800...my cost was around $1,100 at AAM.

Tom

homesite
02-04-12, 10:02 PM
Hello All,

I have had a CTSV with a pulley and tune and traded it in for a 2012 GTR. I have about $4K in mods and my car will run 10.1 at 137. It is by far the fastest and best sports car I have ever owned and I have owned Vipers, Corvettes, Lamborghini s ECT.

I recently raced " Litigator" at around 30 mph and his CTSV runs 10.80s. You guys can ask him how that race went.

Razorecko
02-04-12, 10:12 PM

The reason they hold their value so well is actually very ingenious. Every year after '09 they made minor tweaks and jacked up the $$$ considerably. The only model year of major restructuring was the 2012 model. If you keep raising the price every year than the used market will hold its value high since it'll compare to the newest model year.

LitiGATOR
02-05-12, 12:08 AM
Hello All,

I have had a CTSV with a pulley and tune and traded it in for a 2012 GTR. I have about $4K in mods and my car will run 10.1 at 137. It is by far the fastest and best sports car I have ever owned and I have owned Vipers, Corvettes, Lamborghini s ECT.

I recently raced " Litigator" at around 30 mph and his CTSV runs 10.80s. You guys can ask him how that race went.

lol, good to see you on the forum Scott! And it's 10.7s, for now . . . Your car is ridiculous

WhoseCadillacIsThat
02-05-12, 09:37 AM
Isn't there a GTR forum somewhere, or at least a Nissan forum? Tough to keep up with all of the cars that Nissan makes..... let's see: Honda, Toyota, Lexus (Toyota again), Acura (Honda again), Infinity, Itchypuzzy (another Nissan make) - etc., etc.... :D

thebigjimsho
02-05-12, 11:44 AM
Does anyone actually ever DRIVE a GT-R??

shchow
02-05-12, 11:53 AM
I was actually considering the GTR until they raised the price of the car to 97k.
At that price point, there are other cars that I will get before the Nissan...

M5eater
02-05-12, 11:57 AM
Does anyone actually ever DRIVE a GT-R??
I haven't seen a GTR anywhere except at starbucks and MIR. I once saw a POS R32 strolling down Portsmouth blvd, but it was essentially a rice-mobile by then, any illusions of it being a track car had long since past. The GT-R wouldn't be the first supercar to be degraded to grocery shopping duty though.

homesite
02-05-12, 03:40 PM
I was actually considering the GTR until they raised the price of the car to 97k.
At that price point, there are other cars that I will get before the Nissan...

Please tell me what sport car is better then the GTR for $100K? Don't say a Vette or a Porsche because they are not. Keep in mind I have $4 k in mods and I walk ZR1s hard at any speed. I have raced numerous motorcycles on the street and have not lost yet and I'm not talking about Harley s. Any car that is a regular stick shift you can keep. The DCT (dual clutch trans) is the future. I own a Murcielago with a 6 speed and want to trade it for an egear Lambo after owning the GTR.

M5eater
02-05-12, 03:48 PM
Please tell me what sport car is better then the GTR for $100K? Don't say a Vette or a Porsche because they are not. Keep in mind I have $4 k in mods and I walk ZR1s hard at any speed. I have raced numerous motorcycles on the street and have not lost yet and I'm not talking about Harley s. Any car that is a regular stick shift you can keep. The DCT (dual clutch trans) is the future. I own a Murcielago with a 6 speed and want to trade it for an egear Lambo after owning the GTR.

was $1.5k of those mods the maintenance for your DCT? :stirpot:

shchow
02-05-12, 04:34 PM

No doubt the GTR is a great car, but there are certain things everybody looks for in a car...price, performance, panache, luxury.
Depends where you place your emphasis.
If you want all parameters satisfied, will be well into six figures.
I'm sure we would all agree that the GTR satisfies one aspect of what we all look for in a performance car. Therefore, it had better be relatively inexpensive.
Now that it is heading into 6 figures, there are other cars that are better in other area. Is the Nissan faster?
Sure, but so would a modded EVO.
I would easily take GT3 over the Nissan if they were similarly priced. Is the Nissan faster? Sure. But it would be my money and I would pick the car that makes me feel better.

You can get a great steak at the Outback for one third the price of any premium steakhouse.
Guess what happens when the Outback starts pricing their steaks at a premium...

homesite
02-05-12, 04:43 PM
was $1.5k of those mods the maintenance for your DCT? :stirpot:

Theirs no maintenance you need to do with the DCT

----------

No doubt the GTR is a great car, but there are certain things everybody looks for in a car...price, performance, panache, luxury.
Depends where you place your emphasis.
If you want all parameters satisfied, will be well into six figures.
I'm sure we would all agree that the GTR satisfies one aspect of what we all look for in a performance car. Therefore, it had better be relatively inexpensive.
Now that it is heading into 6 figures, there are other cars that are better in other area. Is the Nissan faster?
Sure, but so would a modded EVO.
I would easily take GT3 over the Nissan if they were similarly priced. Is the Nissan faster? Sure. But it would be my money and I would pick the car that makes me feel better.

You can get a great steak at the Outback for one third the price of any premium steakhouse.
Guess what happens when the Outback starts pricing their steaks at a premium...

Well Said!!

M5eater
02-05-12, 04:46 PM
Theirs no maintenance you need to do with the DCT

Uh-huh...

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/owners-manual/nissan/2011-Nissan-GTR.pdf
GT-R SPECIFIED FLUIDS
Genuine NISSAN Transmission Oil R35 Special
MAINTENANCE
INTERVAL
. When the oil temperature stays
below 2488F (1208C) while driving
Change transmission oil at the same interval as
Schedule 1 and 2 in the 2011 NISSAN GT-R
Service and Maintenance Guide section.
. When the oil temperature reaches
between 2488F (1208C) and 2848F
(1408C) while driving
Change transmission oil every 3,000 miles (5,000
km).
. When the oil temperature exceeds
2848F (1408C) while driving
Change both transmission oil and differential oil
immediately after stopping. Differential oil temperature usually increase

http://www.nissangtrchicago.com/PDF/2009_GTR_Scheduled_Maintenance.pdf

Page 26 of the above;
every 18,000 miles;
Replace Transmission oil
Replace differential gear fluid (front and rear)

Note that there are no less than SEVEN spots for recording transmission replacement serial numbers.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/03/2009-nissan-gt-r-bargain-supercar-gets-expensive.html

Transmission & Diff fluid change:

8 Quarts (Our car took just under 8. They quote 10 quarts, but the ammount used is rarely, if ever, that high. Honest dealers will tell you what your car took. Dishonest ones can easily charge you for the full 10.) of GT-R Automatic Transmission Fluid @ $86.24/ea: $689.92

3 Quarts of GT-R specific differential oil @ $62.02/ea: $186.06

Labor: $500

Even Audi's S-tronic requires a fluid and filter change every 30K to the tune of $800 or so.

JimmyH
02-05-12, 09:19 PM
direct-shift transmissions have a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg way to go

musclesbmf
02-06-12, 10:41 AM
While the DCT in the GTR is noisy and what not, with LC4 programming in it, it drives and shifts like a dream now. As for the maintenance, yes, every 18K it needs a change, but when you do it yourself, you can get away with it for about $300 for the fluids including the front and rear diff fluid.
Like shchow said above, it's all in what you put your emphasis on. Right now mine is on the GTR... soon it will prob be on a ZR1. We all have a speed addiction, and it's our own personal taste how we edify it.

Mark