: Cadillac giving me the run around

liftdlegend
10-26-04, 01:05 AM
Hey guys i'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anybody else has had any major problems with their EXT's. I'm 20 years old and I bought my self an 04 ext last december. About a week after I picked it up "reduce engine power" came up on the message center I took it in and the dealership took care of it. a few weeks later it happened again, now it took them about 5 times to finally fix it. Then my navigation screen went blank they replaced the unit. To top the cake they had to rebuild my transmission after about 7k miles. Not mentioning all the other little things that went wrong. Finally I got feed up and contacted Caddy, after being patient for 8 months. the local rep got back to me after 1 month and offered me 1 month of my payments back and an extended warranty I told her no way I want a new truck b/c I spoke with my lawyer and they said I have a case for a lemon but I figured I liked the truck so I would simplify things and just ask them to trade me into a new 04. But now the want to charge me like $800 to get into a new truck I told the rep I can't just dish out that kind of money and she told me then there is nothing she can do except a good will offer. The best part is that if they run out of 04's by the time I can get the money they wanna charge me $1400 for an 05. They told me I should go for the 05 because I would make out on the deal in the long run but I did the math and it would only be an $880 dif not a $1400 dif but they still wanna charge me $1400. I asked to speak to her boss but apperentley she does'nt have one :hmm:. Well I don't want to have to go to court but I think that that is the next step. Sorry for the long letter. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please let me know.

joshuap
10-26-04, 07:31 AM
Explain to her politely that if she does not want to put you into a new truck for free that is fine because after you win the lemon lawsuit, which you will, Cadillac will have to pay your attorney fees, which will be much larger then them eating the $1400...My father is going through a lemon lawsuit right now for an 04 EXT, and they haven't even made an offer, so feel good that you have an offer...99% of the time, the manufacturer will make a deal prior to any legal hearing because they don't want their name blemished.

hcvone
10-26-04, 07:51 AM
I know with what my lawyer charges I would pay the $1400 dollars and get the new truck, you havge had your truck for almost a year, I understand you have had a lot of problems, I drive my truck hard and have not had any problems, it just maybe cheaper in the long run. That's my opinion without seeing all the service reports. Welcome to the Forum. :)

mrplastic
10-26-04, 01:42 PM
Take the 05!!! Better seat package! Touchscreen radio nav system! Take the 05. I have one. Thats a good deal.

notinblue
10-26-04, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you can't really lose either way except that a law-suit will take a longer time than having to pay for an upgrade and being that you may end up in an '05 for about what it would cost you for 1 1/2 months of payments sounds awesome. believe me that you would'nt get close to that as a trade-in. My advise is always choose the path of least resistance if your going to come out ahead of the game anyways. :p

Sandy
10-26-04, 03:24 PM
Take the brand new '05. Law suits take forever + a day, and if you should lose (never say never) they will take back the offer and by THAT time the ;06 will be out and yours will not be worth spit.

OCESCALADE
10-26-04, 08:35 PM
Take the new one and move on. Do you want this hanging over your head every day for who know's how long til they settle. It's not worth the heartached and trouble.

joshuap
10-26-04, 08:39 PM
I disagree, because you can continue to put miles on this truck as it is litigated, and 99% of the time it won't go to the courts...Cadillac knows the harm that would be caused by something like this going to court. Especially since tohers might be in the same boat and not realizes they have recourse until they hear about it on the news...It is too much of a gamble for Cadillac like Russian roulet....

liftdlegend
10-26-04, 11:51 PM
The only problem I have is the fact that if I went in there as a brand new customer got the 05 loaded the same way I have my 04 with all the same extras and put the same amount down my monthly payments would be $466/month instead of my $470/month and my buy out would be $27,436 instead of $26,364. So here is where it gets a little confusing I would be paying $4 less a month 4x48=$192 Take the 05 buyout and subtract the 04 buyout that leaves you with 27436-26364=$1072 diff, now take the monthly diff and subtract it from the buyout diff and that leaves you with a value diff of only $880 not $1400. so if you really do the math I'm getting the short end of the stick.

Albertomac
10-27-04, 12:48 AM
I also had a problems with my EXt burning one of its computers and shutting itself off when I was driving it....

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 07:53 AM
just take the new truck. you'll be happier in the 05 and you'll avoid going to court. and that could cost you a lot. if you start a law suit and cadillac aggrees to settle, they might not offer to pay you lawyer fees, which will be more than 1400. and you can't analyze the numbers like you're doing because you're not taking into consideration that you're 'trading in' your old truck for well above market value. basically you've gotten to drive an 04 EXT for a year for $1400 and then get an 05. if you had been told that last year you would have jumped on it

hcvone
10-27-04, 08:01 AM
The only problem I have is the fact that if I went in there as a brand new customer got the 05 loaded the same way I have my 04 with all the same extras and put the same amount down my monthly payments would be $466/month instead of my $470/month and my buy out would be $27,436 instead of $26,364. So here is where it gets a little confusing I would be paying $4 less a month 4x48=$192 Take the 05 buyout and subtract the 04 buyout that leaves you with 27436-26364=$1072 diff, now take the monthly diff and subtract it from the buyout diff and that leaves you with a value diff of only $880 not $1400. so if you really do the math I'm getting the short end of the stick.

Did you tak into account that the 05' costs more than the 04', and you owned the truck for almost a year, and also what your time is worth. Then you also have to look at the fact that you may (probably not) get nothing from GM, it can happen. Good luck with whatever you do, no one wants problems. :)

liftdlegend
10-27-04, 09:48 AM
Good points, Now the last problem $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I've got to get $1400+ if I decide to get the 05

gabbman
10-27-04, 09:59 AM
Explain to the rep that you are willing to except the offer but you dont have the $$$ and if you really are feeling ripped off ask for them to throw in the tv package its worth a shot. But explain to them you dont have the money and see what happens good luck

Sta11ion
10-29-04, 03:54 PM
Let them keep the truck even if get a loss now it will be worth it in the long run.

liftdlegend
11-04-04, 05:11 PM
You just have to :rant2: a little and you get what you want. The rep called me and offered me a 2005 black escalade ext for no cost to me so I asked her how much for the rip tide blue and she told me the price. Lets just say I am a happy camper.(yes I like the rip tide blue :hide: )