: Day at the Track, Monticello this Sunday!

Speedtrapped
09-09-11, 11:21 AM
I will be experiencing a full day at the Monticello motor club(not a member). I won the highest bid at a charity auction. I cant wait! I get to really push the V! and learn HPD dynamics. Anyone else here been to Monticello, I hear the track is excellent.

dhpro
09-09-11, 11:36 AM
Nope, but lookin for an invitation!

thebigjimsho
09-09-11, 02:14 PM
Sunuvabitch!

I've been to Monticello with the Cadillac Performance Labs and whatever else they call it now. Drove on 3 separate parts of the track. But I can surmise, when one circuit, it's a blast.

hulksdaddy
09-09-11, 02:47 PM
Was there for an HPDE in May. Great track, shitload of fun. The confidence in the car grows as the day goes, you really get an idea what they, and you, can do.

Have fun!

Speedtrapped
09-09-11, 03:57 PM
I had to cxl 2 HPDE events this spring do to unforseen issues with my RS6, so needless to say I cant wait. I would like to think that I understand HP driving dynamics from riding a crotch rocket years ago-but I know I will likely be completely humbled Sunday.
I cant wait.

Junior1
09-09-11, 05:59 PM
I'll put in a good word and give them a heads up. Won't be there this weekend but I should be running a race up there on the 24th...

Vcoupe11
09-10-11, 03:41 PM
Was there for an HPDE in May. Great track, shitload of fun. The confidence in the car grows as the day goes, you really get an idea what they, and you, can do.

Have fun!

Ditto

Gary

Speedtrapped
09-11-11, 05:04 PM
Oh well, next time....water in basement, all the rain last week + caught up with me, spent all day wet vac....damn it.....

MReiland
09-12-11, 07:21 AM
Oh well, next time....water in basement, all the rain last week + caught up with me, spent all day wet vac....damn it..... That sucks man :(

Speedtrapped
09-12-11, 11:03 AM
I know...I have to reach out to them. Last time I was suppossed to go, they had suggested I cxl, due to bad thunderstorms expected up there. I hope they will still honor the certificate. However, it was Sunday, from 530am till 11am I was only focused on drying out basement and did not call...