: Got my new Baby tonight

Faber
09-08-11, 10:08 PM
Finally got the new-to-me '04 CTS-V tonight. Black on Black. Going to spend the weekend cleaning her up, then starting the list of everything that I need to do to bring it up to snuff, then a few goodies. Already it has a high rise hood, x-pipe, K&N CAI, and tint. Extremely excited, haven't had a fun car for a few years now, and this is my first rear-wheel car with any power. Def different feel from a front wheel drive car.

rand49er
09-08-11, 10:49 PM
Welcome.

I sense your excitement.

You're excused.

Got a shifter?

Faber
09-09-11, 08:39 AM
First upgrade is to my membership here - DONE

No shifter as of yet though it'll likely be one of the first upgrades - feels like I'm trying to get into my glove box going into 5th...Seems like UUC is the most popular option out there.

Best thing yet is that it passed the wifey test. Finally got her to give in with a "whatever you need to feed your ego" type comment when I started shopping, but last night I took her out last night for a spin. Her words - "I like it, makes me feel younger..." - fountain of youth FTW!

chicoweb
09-09-11, 08:52 AM
I let my wife drive My car... Words like too loud, too much bass, too hard to shift all came out of her mouth. Which is good for me because now she never wants to drive it :)

GDPossehl
09-09-11, 09:38 AM
I hope your list isn't as long as mine was/is. I find something new every week.

texasseville
09-09-11, 11:05 AM
Looks nice...congrats!

I was looking for months before I found a '06 black on black V little less than a month ago. Its a blast to drive...I think Ive gone through easily 10-15 tanks of gas. LOL

Adam Boca
09-09-11, 11:05 AM
enjoy the car man! I missed it this morning, but glad to see and know I can see it when I come up!

Houdini
09-09-11, 11:43 AM
Welcome and do yourself a favor and look up the thread on PISNUOFF's custom short shifter. It's awesome!

repenttokyo
09-09-11, 12:26 PM
car looks great, congratulations - i have a black on black 04 as well.

Faber
09-09-11, 03:52 PM
I let my wife drive My car... Words like too loud, too much bass, too hard to shift all came out of her mouth. Which is good for me because now she never wants to drive it :)

lol...I offered to let her drive it and she opted to pass. Glad she didn't calll my bluff and now I know she'll stay hands off.

enjoy the car man! I missed it this morning, but glad to see and know I can see it when I come up!

Thanks man! I doubt it will be long before you get something to fill the V-oid...

I hope your list isn't as long as mine was/is. I find something new every week.

Hope not as well. Thanks for the well wishes

wcryan
09-09-11, 04:44 PM
nice looking car

Adam Boca
09-09-11, 06:13 PM
Here is a picture taken on Wednesday.....I will fill the V-oid sooner rather than later I think!

ROG
09-09-11, 10:14 PM
AHh, the National Corvette Museum !!! Was there for the Grand Opening !!

rand49er
09-09-11, 10:55 PM
... Best thing yet is that it passed the wifey test. Finally got her to give in with a "whatever you need to feed your ego" type comment ...Grudging approval ... that's all you need! You're in, dude! Congrats! :highfive:

wcryan
09-10-11, 06:17 AM
lower that baby

JDB
09-10-11, 08:30 AM
Black is fastest ;) I have the Accessory wheels (x2) and love the look, especially on black.

Another first thing to do is a CAGS elimination. ~$20 and no more 1-4 forced shift.

Read through the FAQs and you'll mod the crap out of it! :) I've been reluctantly holding back...

Faber
09-10-11, 09:35 PM
Yeah, the CAGS is really getting annoying. I believe that by next weekend it will be gone. First gotta polish out the headlights.

philistine
09-10-11, 09:53 PM
Congrats on the new ride! I too just purchased a 2004 CTS-V black on black about 2 weeks ago. I feel your excitement!

Faber
09-11-11, 11:01 AM
Question - I know that the car is forcing me from 1st to 4th, but as I'm reading through the CAGS info, it seems as though there is "1>4" light that I'd expect to see in the dash. Was this only in later models? When I turn the car ignition on to see the dash lights, I don't see that either.

Also, does anyone know if type911 (Geoff) is still making this eliminator?

04ctsV
09-11-11, 08:54 PM
Question - I know that the car is forcing me from 1st to 4th, but as I'm reading through the CAGS info, it seems as though there is "1>4" light that I'd expect to see in the dash. Was this only in later models? When I turn the car ignition on to see the dash lights, I don't see that either.

Also, does anyone know if type911 (Geoff) is still making this eliminator?

It shows up under the digital speedometer on the right. I think its between 14-18 mph - when your easy on the gas.

PISNUOFF
09-12-11, 12:12 PM
Welcome and do yourself a favor and look up the thread on PISNUOFF's custom short shifter. It's awesome!

:yeah: :2thumbs:

Faber
09-14-11, 12:42 PM
It shows up under the digital speedometer on the right. I think its between 14-18 mph - when your easy on the gas.

finally located this the other day. Was def looking in the wrong spot.