: STS purchase advice

amripley
09-08-11, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 1996 STS for sale locally. It has 150,000 miles on it, and the body is in very good condition. It's been consistently oil sprayed, which is in line with the trend of good preventive maintenance done on the car. The Northstar runs beautifully, and a full service history is available. Like I said, everything's been looked after. There are a few little issues, however. The interior is in fairly rough shape. The door panels almost seem to be coming apart. I imagine this could be fixed with junkyard parts. The alternator needs to be replaced. How expensive a fix would this be, how easy is it to work on an STS yourself, and how easy is it to find and swap junkyard interior parts? I think this car could be a good deal, but I want to check with you...the experts...before I act. Oh yes, the purchase price is $750, as is.

In advance, thanks for your help.

JediSamreye
09-09-11, 12:43 AM
You should look in the Eldorado/Seville section they are the ones for your correct year and model. I would say that would be a decent deal. But I would check with that section