: CTS-V Wagon, Opulent Blue Metallic- Pre-Delivery Pics

AC Promotions
09-08-11, 10:19 PM
After being built on 8/18 my '12 CTS-V wagon arrived at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas a few days ago. After getting the call that it was offloaded I went down at lunch to get a first-hand look at the color and shoot some photos so the enthusiast gets to see Opulent Blue Metallic on a V. I should take delivery in a few days but until then, here are some photos. Please note that I specified that even upon delivery that the wagon not go through the normal PDI process. Although there is a thin layer of dust and some smudges on it, that's to be expected from the transport company taking it from Michigan to Texas. The color was better than I could have expected. Since I have shot so many variations of blue over the years on GM performance vehicles from classic GTO and Vettes to the present, this color ranks right up there with the best. As soon as I shot these photos I knew that they wouldn't do the color justice. You have to see it with your eyes to really get the full visual effect (or wait until I get it detailed and shot in my photo studio). The metallic is very fine and dense so the paint exhibits more dramatic color shifts as the lighting becomes direct. In indirect lighting or shade the color is dark but when the light hits a panel it wakes right up. Many thanks to Sewell for allowing me to take the photos; and of course going out of their way to special order the wagon. When the general sales manager of a top five US Cadillac dealer personally places and tracks the order, supervises the offload of the wagon and drives it to a secluded section of a multi-level garage for safe keeping; that's customer service.

http://2012cadillacctsvwagon.shutterfly.com/

elphil
09-08-11, 10:49 PM
Really good looking. Congrats.

thebigjimsho
09-08-11, 10:51 PM
That is sharp!

smackdownCTSV
09-08-11, 10:53 PM
I like that color blue. It pops better than BMW's Montego blue.

velopod
09-08-11, 11:05 PM
So, my first reply here ;-) Been monitoring for a while until I'm 99% sure on my order. Saw this exact vehicle, 2012 being delivered at my dealership. Great color. But get this ... this was the customers 35th Cadillac from this dealer (Camargo Cadillac)! This gentleman is 98 (!) years old. Cripes.

At any rate, ordering a Vagon as well (black raven I think) since we can't find a 2011 in my specs (loaded). Hope to learn more around here and enjoy my first American car in years!

LitiGATOR
09-08-11, 11:49 PM
Gorgeous car and color.

e6t
09-08-11, 11:51 PM
PLEASE get IHASIT on your license plate. PLEASE.

LitiGATOR
09-08-11, 11:55 PM
please get ihasit on your license plate. Please.

lofl

Or, IHAVIT

Ronsv
09-08-11, 11:56 PM
Looks great, love the new Blue! Good luck with your new ride.

mlvarley
09-09-11, 12:15 AM
Is this blue one of the colors offered on the 2012s?
Mike

Caddyscat
09-09-11, 01:08 AM
No PDI on car = no complaining if something doesn't work/ missing when you take delivery. Glad they respected your request though. Great color in the darker pics!

Kluch
09-09-11, 01:34 AM
Like the blue. Thanks for posting.

SecretWeapon
09-09-11, 07:14 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this up. Looks like GM got this one right. Enjoy you whip!

M5eater
09-09-11, 09:42 AM
Love it OP, probally the only color I'd trade in for.

ScandyAndy
09-09-11, 12:25 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, and these pictures have pulled me out to post. I'm glad you posted some pics of this blue wagon as i's exactly what I have on order, and after seeing the pictures, I'm extremely happy with the color. The light/shade difference reminds me of my 2003 Caribbean Blue G35 Coupe (which was my favorite color ever for a car, and I'm hoping this tops it). What options did you get on there?

M5eater
09-09-11, 12:57 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, and these pictures have pulled me out to post. I'm glad you posted some pics of this blue wagon as i's exactly what I have on order, and after seeing the pictures, I'm extremely happy with the color. The light/shade difference reminds me of my 2003 Caribbean Blue G35 Coupe (which was my favorite color ever for a car, and I'm hoping this tops it). What options did you get on there?
looks like;
reccaro's
Suede wheel/ shifter
Chrome wheels- which go with this car perfectly
no ultraview?

Teutonaddict
09-09-11, 01:53 PM
looks like;
Recaro's
Suede wheel/ shifter
Chrome wheels- which go with this car perfectly
no ultraview?

You forgot 6MT!! Well done, OP!! That's one beautiful ride. I'm jealous...

M5eater
09-09-11, 02:12 PM
You forgot 6MT!! Well done, OP!! That's one beautiful ride. I'm jealous...

the tremec is standard, the automatic is a $0 option

:P

AC Promotions
09-09-11, 02:18 PM
Recaro's, MN6 transmission,Sueded shifter & wheel, Sapele wood, polished wheels, no Ultraview and every dealer installed option on the list. Yes, even double-cross bowed roof rails! Thanks for the compliments. When it is delivered and I get it detailed with all the options installed I will create another album. Now I need to figure out how to "overlay" the double-cross bows plastic with stainless steel.

elphil
09-09-11, 06:43 PM
the tremec is standard, the automatic is a $0 option

:P We can hardly say the auto is a $0 option when Uncle Sam takes an additional $1,300 bit out of our wallets over the stick.

M5eater
09-09-11, 09:34 PM
We can hardly say the auto is a $0 option when Uncle Sam takes an additional $1,300 bit out of our wallets over the stick.

touche'

b4z
09-10-11, 01:39 PM
Like it! That'll probably be 1 of 1 with that color and M6.

JOEYCTS-V
09-10-11, 02:10 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like this color?

Trapspeed
09-10-11, 02:38 PM
Great looking ride. Enjoy.

b4z
09-10-11, 05:09 PM

If I were 25 I would have chosen this color like I did on my '87 bright blue metallic IROC-Z. At 48 probably not, but I would have to see it in person. I still think it looks good.

GM-4-LIFE
09-10-11, 05:39 PM
That color is really nice! I like it a lot!

Squirlz
09-10-11, 10:58 PM

I like the color, but I saw it on a wagon at the assembly plant and thought that's a LOT of blue!

zeolite2
09-11-11, 11:29 AM
Jealous, love the color, but will live with my 2011 Black Diamond wagon. I have a blue 2001 Audi S4 Avant and would have loved my Cadi to be bleu as well. Would like to see the blue with yellow calipers, it could be a great Michigan car (Go Blue!).

OldRoadDawg
09-11-11, 01:37 PM
You are not

hlantin
09-11-11, 01:58 PM
very nice..congrats!

can't wait to start seeing this color on the streets..

elphil
09-11-11, 03:41 PM
Opulent Blue looks very close to the blue of the Red Bull Formula 1 race cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vettel_abu_dabi_2010.jpg

js615
09-12-11, 12:30 PM
That blue is fantastic!

thebigjimsho
09-12-11, 10:04 PM
You are notYou are so surly.

dvandentop
09-13-11, 03:01 PM
would look sick with the dark rims

Cub Cadet
09-13-11, 03:21 PM
I can see the pictures now... reminds me of the Ford Sonic Blue. Seeing this now makes me wish I had waited for this blue color. Looks sharp with the polished wheel option. I would love to see this combo in a sedan with lightly tinted windows... definitely would be nice!! Also, apply some Cherry Wet Wax to the paint and you will see the true depth of this blue color.

GM-4-LIFE
09-13-11, 04:06 PM
Any post delivery pictures after some Zaino Z2? That color would really pop with some Zaino Z2.

thebigjimsho
09-13-11, 10:39 PM
What about Zaino Z666 or Zwtf?

cvs
10-04-11, 08:26 AM
Just ordered the exact same vehicle. Any post delivery pictures yet? Thanks.

warpark
10-05-11, 03:37 AM
only bad thing about the wagons is you don't get the black headliner

which is typically an option/feature of exotics.

that was definitely one of the few interior details on the v-coupe that really impressed me.

too bad too, because black headliners are really slick in extra long sedans.

hamta
10-05-11, 02:59 PM
I love the color. Have purchased 15 cars of various makes from Sewell in Dallas, Grapevine and Fort Worth, great dealership, have always done what I have asked on the car (dealer prep or not).

SilverDHS
12-02-11, 03:38 PM
Any new pics :) I would love to see it all cleaned up

Trapspeed
12-03-11, 12:00 AM
Looking good! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

AC Promotions
12-04-11, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to take studio photos yet. My advice is to see the color on a CTS at a dealer as any camera/lens combination won't reproduce the depth of the color as well as the eye will. Thanks for the compliments; those people who have seen the car in person say the color is phenomenal.

jwbhole
10-31-12, 11:59 AM
I am about to order an OB CTS-V Wagon with black wheel. Getting rid of my M5 and E320 Wagon for this. How close is this color when you see it to say, BMW LeMans Blue or the darker Interlagos Blue. New M5 has Monte Carlo blue, which is too light a blue for my taste? I think OB looks between Monte Carlo blue and Le Mans Blue. Sorry for the dumb questions, but I haven't seen an Opulent Blue Cadillac in person, so this is a bit of a risk.

jsherid1
10-31-12, 07:21 PM
It is closer to Interlagos Blue than LeMans...I nearly ordered my E63 (2007) M6 in Interlagos but chickened out and got Silver-Gray, that was a mistake on my part. To the OP, we are quite close geographically--we should meet up for Cars and Coffee once my V-Wagon arrives at Sewell Grapevine (likely early December).