: Subwoofer Box by SUBBOX

CobaltCaddi
10-26-04, 12:19 AM
Has anyone ever heard of this company and this product?

SUBBOX

They claim to make a box that hits pretty hard and fits behind the seat of an Avalance. If so it should fit behind the EXT as well..

http://www.subbox.net/ThePickup2XSubSolution(Avalanchefull-sizetrucks).html

fast66
10-26-04, 02:59 AM
A lot of people have been telling me that this is a better place to get it.
http://woodlawncabinetry.homestead.com/Avalanche_TruckWedgeEnclosure.html

hcvone
10-26-04, 07:52 AM
JL Audio makes a box for your truck, I am working with them on one for the standard Escalade

TRASHAULER
10-26-04, 01:31 PM
http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/escalade.html

I've sold a couple, they sound great!

jeff

onbagz2002
10-26-04, 02:29 PM
Here is where i had my made very nice work.... :thumbsup:
www.gatelyaudio.com

CobaltCaddi
10-26-04, 10:32 PM
Do you have an EXT or Escalade

fast66
10-27-04, 12:31 AM
Here is where i had my made very nice work.... :thumbsup:
www.gatelyaudio.com

How much did the box in your ext cost??

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 07:45 AM
the problem with all of those ext boxes are, you have to take them out to open the midgate. and the jl dosen't offer a place to put the rear glass. and from what the guys on the avalanche board have been saying, the jl box sucks. they said it sounded horrible and is not worth the price since you'd have to replace the subs and amp. i'm working on a design for 8" subs under the rear seats that still allow the seats to fold completely.

CobaltCaddi
10-27-04, 07:03 PM
Let us know how it turns out. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I'm stuck on which speaker to use that works in small boxes and doesn't cost too much..

Kapone
10-28-04, 03:17 AM
Is there a Subwoofer box that fits in a 04 Escalade, that won't take up all of my Cargo space? I would like it to kinda blend in if possible

T_Dogg8
10-28-04, 07:39 AM
if you do a search, a couple people have made boxes for the side of the cargo area.

MrCabinetry
09-12-05, 10:53 AM
Gentlemen,

First, I am not here to spam this forum or make any overtures of a business nature.

The intent of this post is in reference to the various many inquiry's I am receiving via e-mail as to whether or not the enclosure I build for the Chevy Avalanche will fit the Cadillac EXT.

The answer would a be a simple matter of any EXT owner to check, verify or measure the dimensions of the area between the back seats and the midgate.

The dimensions as to the size of enclosure are clearly noted on my website as well as the pictures of the enclosure shown installed as to how they fit and all any EXT owner would simply have to do is check to see if the dimensions of this enclosure would fit and I have stated as much in every e-mail I have received from an EXT owner.

As to date, none of these inquirying individuals have never replied back providing the necessary information to inform them otherwise and as much as I would like to accomodate EXT of such requests it is rather hard for me to do my job as a custom fabricator to provide the answers to these questions.

Lastly, these enclosure's for the Chevy Avalanche are not pre-fabs, each is custom built when they are ordered, if the enclosure design needs to be changed or modified to fit the EXT provided that certain design limitations are maintained given the limited area of the space between the seat and midgate.

The only suggestion I could make here is for EXT owners to make inquirys of members in the Chevy Avalanche Club Forum if member there with one of these enclosure's lives within your area so if they allow you to use there enclosure to test fit the enclosure in the EXT.

Other than that, I don't know how to be of help Gentlemen.

Phil
Woodlawn Cabinetry

hilldo
09-15-05, 01:30 AM
Phil,

Nice to see your personal attention.

It's good business... good onya!

MrCabinetry
01-16-06, 06:56 PM
This post is just to inform everyone.

a 2002 EXT owner was gracious enough to provide me with detailed picture's of the rear seat area with the seat folded down to show the hinges and frame assembly.

Also, called me directly upon e-mail the pic's and together we have determined that the enclosure I fabricate the " 4 Banger " will fit as it does in the Avalanche between the rear seat and the midgate.

So, the question has now been answered " Yes ", the enclosure will fit the EXT.

Many thanks to the gentleman that was able to provide this info so I may inform the rest of the folks here.

Phil

LA Bean
01-16-06, 09:04 PM
why does the avalanche box cost $150 & the ext cost $180?

MrCabinetry
01-17-06, 12:21 AM
why does the avalanche box cost $150 & the ext cost $180?

I don't have separate enclosure's for the AV & EXT.

I build 5 different enclosure's for the AV & now it's been checked they will fit in the EXT.

And the prices will be increased Feb 1st.

LA Bean
01-17-06, 01:27 PM
what does the extra depth do?

MrCabinetry
01-17-06, 01:37 PM
what does the extra depth do?

What extra depth are you referring to??

If you mean the 2002 enclosure type, the bottom of the enclosure is 5 1/2".

When it was discovered that the 2003 & higher years models that the designers and engineers move the rear seat frame assembly, the enclosure design was modified to fit.

So, now with the modifications, the box will fit any year AV and since it has been verified that the enclosures will fit the EXT for the 2002 model year, the fit should no pose any issue's, unless there is an issue that is bought to my attention.

If I am not made aware of such issue's as to fit, then I cannot take the correct measure's to solve the fit issue's.

Plus, I want to state for the record..... Theses enclosures are NOT pre-fabs.

They are built when a customer places an order, so if design changes need to happen, I just need to be informed as to what changes need to be done.

Phil

MrCabinetry
10-10-07, 04:26 PM
I am updating this thread as to question that were posed earlier by some folks here as to the enclosure's I fabricate for the Avalanche fit the EXT.

Please refer to this post within the forum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/116919-kick-ass-subwoofer-solution-ext.html#post1206179

fhamilton
10-10-07, 07:31 PM
Hey Phil,

Glad to see you stopped by. I’m the guy that wrote the thread you refer to on your post.

First – for the members of this forum - I would like to make a correction to my post. The cabinet is not made of 3/4” inch MDF. Phil uses a combination of 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” MDF that allows him to fit the subwoofers to the design restrictions of the enclosure and the available space between the rear seat and the midgate. Since the SQ10 subs are not high excursion speakers they have plenty of room to let loose without any interference from the rear seats.

I’ve had the system in for over a month and a half and the subs are now broken-in. All I can say is “YEAH BUDDY they rock”. This was without a doubt the best solution (value for money) I can imagine. I’m not a classic “bass head” so you’ll never hear me bumpin’ down the road – well maybe if you’re at a stop light. I’m into clean, crisp bass that sounds great with just about any type of music.

So again, if you want to have really clean bass with plenty of power, and you don’t want to loose the functionality of the EXT midgate, go with one of Phil’s cabinets and EDs SQ10s, you won’t be disappointed.

TheCaddyKidd
10-11-07, 01:11 AM
You guys want a nice box?

You want a box the replaces the midgate in your EXT?

You want a box that you won't lose the function to fold down the midgate?

You want a box where you do NOT lose your window storage?

http://www.subthump.com/avalanchemidgate.htm

dmarlow
10-14-07, 01:42 AM
Read this when you have time.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/60712-sub-install-rear-panel.html