: Good Dealer Experience - Lund Cadillac, Phoenix

SecretWeapon
09-08-11, 02:11 PM
Here is my story and I am sticking to it. I have been aching to get into a V for over two years now, but when it came down to negotiating out a final price, I just was not feeling the love from any of the dealers here in Houston. So I went on Auto Trader and found a 2009 V, 3 pedal, with all of the options and only 8k miles. The only problem was that the car was in Phoenix at Lund Cadillac and I am here in Houston, a little too far to hop over and see it in person. So I called Lund and spoke with Mr. Mike Scarfia, the GM of sales. I told him I was interested in a vehicle on his lot and asked him to check it out for me. He called back fifteen minutes later and said the car was in excellent condition, so we worked out the final sales price (including delivery to my home) and closed the deal. The paperwork was handled by fax and Fed Ex and was free from error or surprises. Shipping was a snap because Lund ships for a flat fixed fee of $350 anywhere in the country. When the vehicle arrived it was unloaded at my front door and turned out to be in even better condition than he said. This thing looked like it came right off of the showroom floor. Unbelievable - a dealership that actually under promised and over performed. I took a big risk in buying this vehicle without seeing it or driving it and I had to put a lot of trust in Mike and his team at Lund, but they really came through for me and my family. So, if you are looking for a V, new or used, give Mike a call, mention the forum (he reads it) and give him a try. He and Lund Cadillac get a big thumbs up for helping to make my wildest CTS V wishes come true. Regards, Mark.

GM-4-LIFE
09-08-11, 02:26 PM
That's great news! CONGRATS!!!

I haven't heard anything negative about Lund. They are a huge operation in Arizona.

elphil
09-08-11, 02:48 PM
We have three Cadillac dealers here in the Phoenix area, Lund, Coulter and Legends and as far as I know they all have excellent reputations. May be the competition.

Houdini
09-08-11, 02:54 PM
Damn you SecretWeapon... that was the V I wanted. Good choice though man. She looked very clean and had the EXACT options and color combination I wanted. Now I have to find another haha. Did you get a decent price?

I'm surprised that one lasted as long as it did.

SecretWeapon
09-08-11, 05:01 PM
Thanks fellas. Got a price that was a win/win for the both of us. They really made this a good experience all the way around. By the way, the car has exceeded my expectations all the way around. Even the engine compartment is spotless. If you are in Houston look me up!

shade
09-08-11, 05:46 PM
Dont forget Kachina. They have the best tech in AZ who knows the v inside and out.
He's the only person allowed to go near it.

We have three Cadillac dealers here in the Phoenix area, Lund, Coulter and Legends and as far as I know they all have excellent reputations. May be the competition.

elphil
09-08-11, 05:59 PM
Dont forget Kachina. They have the best tech in AZ who knows the v inside and out.
He's the only person allowed to go near it.

I'll keep Kachina in mind if I need service. I left them out because Kachina is a satellite of one of the other three, I think.

shade
09-08-11, 07:04 PM
I believe they are a full stand alone dealer like the others.
Go there for service tel them only Mark is to work on your V. Car will get done right the first time

elphil
09-08-11, 08:02 PM
Thanks shade, I'll give them a try.

Kluch
09-09-11, 01:27 AM
A long distance purchase of a used car sight unseen. You are a much braver mn than I! Glad it worked out for you. Good to know there are some honest dealers out there.

Mike 09 V
09-09-11, 08:49 PM
Lund gives your car nearly a detail wash job inside and out with an oil change. And the oil change is competitive. We have been using them for years and have been taken care of as well as extremely disappointed. They took our '05 SRX home at night and put 350 miles on it and burned up a whole tank of gas and then lied about it, all for what amounted to a leaky oil drain plug. We also negotiated a price on the '09 V and then when we went to make the deal they reneged. I ended up driving to Vegas to make the deal. So I would say just do your diligence and make sure they don't take your car off the lot. Check the mileage, g-meter, reset the trip meters and the engine timer just to be on the safe side. Once I went to lunch and saw about 6 nearly new caddies in a restaurant lot I was going to and found a bunch of Lund mechanics having lunch in the bar and grill. I doubt that Lund would allow them to take new caddies off the lot that Lund owned, but whose to say they weren't road testing customer cars all at the same time? Kachina is owned by Lund

CTSVKINGWAGON
09-09-11, 08:58 PM
Lund Cadillac actually makes a V version of the Escalade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_-QgvKJMc

shade
09-10-11, 01:02 AM
Eh dont care if who owns Kachina I just know a great technician who works there. He can drive my V anytime he wants. He wont let anyone else get near it.

Lund gives your car nearly a detail wash job inside and out with an oil change. And the oil change is competitive. We have been using them for years and have been taken care of as well as extremely disappointed. They took our '05 SRX home at night and put 350 miles on it and burned up a whole tank of gas and then lied about it, all for what amounted to a leaky oil drain plug. We also negotiated a price on the '09 V and then when we went to make the deal they reneged. I ended up driving to Vegas to make the deal. So I would say just do your diligence and make sure they don't take your car off the lot. Check the mileage, g-meter, reset the trip meters and the engine timer just to be on the safe side. Once I went to lunch and saw about 6 nearly new caddies in a restaurant lot I was going to and found a bunch of Lund mechanics having lunch in the bar and grill. I doubt that Lund would allow them to take new caddies off the lot that Lund owned, but whose to say they weren't road testing customer cars all at the same time? Kachina is owned by Lund

Jeff_J
09-10-11, 05:15 PM
Interesting. I live in the Phoenix metro area and ended up buying my new CTS-V in Missouri because of the way I was treated at Lund. I did not deal with Mike Scarfia but it will be a cold day in August (a Phoenix-area joke) before I buy a car from Lund or the other 2 dealerships owned by the same outfit. Different buying experiences for everyone, I guess.