: New forum organization

The Tony Show
09-08-11, 01:32 PM
Hey everyone. Now that the 09+ community has grown in size to the point where it's getting hard to find older threads, we've split the forum into three separate areas just like we did a few years ago for the 1st Gen CTS-V section. There are now three areas: General Discussion, Performance Mods and Appearance Mods.

If you'd like to set a bookmark to take you to the main page where you can choose between the three, this one will work great: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/

Hopefully this will make it easier to find the thread you're looking for, whether it's wheel fitment, supercharger mods or LEDs. This will also allow those of you who don't care about performance or appearance modifications to browse without seeing them.

We're in the process of moving existing threads to these new areas, so if you recently made an appearance or performance related thread and can't find it, it's probably there now.

Kirk3
09-08-11, 01:46 PM
I had the old page bookmarked, and lets just say I freaked out a little bit. However, I have calmed down, pulse has returned to normal, and I am able to post a reply.

I like the changes, I will have to be more liberal in my forum reading now.

Good luck with sorting out the old threads!

Lord Cadillac
09-08-11, 02:51 PM
Thanks, guys. The first generation CTS-V area started out as one forum as well. However, as it become busier and busier, it became necessary to separate the discussion topics. Many of the "performance" mod guys didn't want to see discussions about "lambo doors" and what not - and vise verse - the "appearance" mod guys didn't want to see discussions about tuning.

So we cleaned things up. Naturally, as more second generation CTS-V owners and enthusiasts find us, we need to do the same. It got REALLY crowded with just one forum for all the conversations. So, like the first generation area, we've cleaned things up.

Some of you will love it right off the bat, some of you won't. We hope those that liked the old way will become comfortable with this new setup in time...

thebigjimsho
09-09-11, 02:27 PM
Sunuvabitch!

My OCD hates you right now...

mrl859
09-15-11, 12:54 PM
Can we set up a way to search for new posts only within the V2 trilogy of sub-forums as a single grouping? That would be great!

The Tony Show
09-15-11, 01:06 PM
There's no "super easy" way to do it, but it's possible. Click on "advanced search", and in the dropdown box where you choose which forum to search in, hold the SHIFT key and click on all three of the forums one at a time. That will search all three subforums for your keywords.

Frankly though, I hope there's not much need. If you're searching for cams or tunes, searching in the performance section should find it (or wheels in the appearance section, etc). There may be some much older threads that didn't get sorted properly because we had to split it by hand, but going forward, the new grouping should make it much easier to find threads about only what you're looking for.

Lord Cadillac
09-15-11, 01:48 PM
You SHOULD be able to select just ONE of those dropdown options, actually. The main second generation CTS-V category, "Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009+" should do the trick...

mrl859
09-16-11, 12:23 AM
WAY too much trouble. When there was just one V2 forum, I could click on and see the latest. If you're insistent on this tri-level thing, please set something up that will allow us to very SIMPLY do the same thing.

thebigjimsho
09-16-11, 01:10 AM
These SHO guys are so picky...

mrl859
09-16-11, 02:08 AM
SHO 'nuff. I'm just trying to SHO that there's a better way.

Lord Cadillac
09-16-11, 02:19 PM
Bookmark the following link. It should do what you need...

Right click and copy this link (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?search_type=1&contenttype=vBForum_Post&forumchoice[]=232)

SHO 'nuff. I'm just trying to SHO that there's a better way.