: I'm back! With another Cadillac!

79Devil'Girl
09-08-11, 11:26 AM
Okay, so I know nobody knows I was even on here before but I'm active on this forum again - I sold my '79 Deville and got a '88 Brougham D'elegance in okay shape, traded my 350 motor & trans for it.
It's got 161 thousand miles on it but the 307 runs good. It's gunna sit 'til my Fleetwood is done.
For the last month my friend, boyfriend and I have been rebuilding my 67's 429. Turns out it's actually bored 30 over to a 435. Not bad. Had the heads machined, performance Isky cam, new lifters, rings springs valves had the seats hardened for today's fuels.. cleaned up the block a bit & painted it (bottom end was in good shape).. We're putting it in this sunday & hopefully firing her up.
The exhaust manifolds are ceramic coated white & the pulleys and other brackets are glossy black, just haven't put them on yet.
Squee !

outsider
09-08-11, 11:32 AM
Nice, that's a nice paint job on the engine!

Stingroo
09-08-11, 12:57 PM
I remember you. :lol:

Then again, I remember everyone.

Welcome back. :thumbsup:

CADforce69
09-08-11, 01:17 PM
Congrats for your "new" caddy. Seems a good base for restoration :thumbsup: Great job done on that engine. Hope you upload more pics of the installation on the car and how everything works:)

Cadillacboy
09-08-11, 02:41 PM
Welcome back , this is one of my fave stylings ever made by any car manufacturer
Well, you may also consider of chancing your username

77CDV
09-08-11, 02:49 PM
So good to see you again! So what happend to the 79?

79Devil'Girl
09-08-11, 05:47 PM
Thankyou for the warm welcome back! Honestly the '79 never really ran right. And boy was it a pig on fuel, sold it & got a 4cyl 4runner (daily driver/offroader). Once I finish the '88 that will be my daily driver. It's not bad just front seats are torn up & driver armrest worn out. It's gunna be my clean mean 'lac while my '67 is the rat rod kustom.
I'm planning glossy black for the '88, tinted windows white vinyl top & reupholstered seats, nice 15" rims.
Flat black for the '67, white painted top, lowered rear end.
I'd be just fine with that ;)
.. Will post pics of the progress! Hopefully a vid of the '67 firing up too. I cant WAIT to drive it again!

Stingroo
09-08-11, 05:48 PM
SATIN, not flat.

:thumbsup:

Fixed.

79Devil'Girl
09-08-11, 06:06 PM
Lol, satin or flat. It's gunna be my first paintjob so not aiming too high. Of course, down the road I will most likely have a professional paint it. My friend helping us with the car is also a painter, but he's determined to teach me how to paint.. *nervous laugh*

Stingroo
09-08-11, 06:09 PM
Satin = sexy
Flat = trashy

They're not the same! People make this mistake all the time. :lol:

The-Dullahan
09-08-11, 07:24 PM
Nice to have you back (in black)

Ray, slat black is superior to Satin unless you're lazy too lazy to do it in a booth and you use rattlecans instead.

On a Brougham like that however, Satin is FAR better. Flat black would be good too, because at least it's black, but Satin looks better.

(Satin versus Flat is opinion, but a car looking better in black than another colour? That's a legitimate fact)

CADforce69
09-08-11, 07:24 PM
.. Will post pics of the progress! Hopefully a vid of the '67 firing up too. I cant WAIT to drive it again!

Looking forward to see those pics & vids :D

HUF
09-08-11, 09:04 PM
Where were you? We all missed you so much! :D

Cadillacboy
09-09-11, 04:24 PM
OMG, you also have '67 FWB , one of my fave stylings , I love stacked lights as well :D hi hi

jayoldschool
09-09-11, 07:40 PM
UGH. Please, please, please...

Put some shine on the 67. Same amount of work to paint it. FLAT/SATIN whatever is played out. It makes cars look cheap. I passed a Bentley Continental GT last weekend. Yep, satin black. Barf.

CADforce69
09-09-11, 08:15 PM
I agree. Painting it satin black having a professional finish is not easy. The right look should be something like this I.M.O.:

http://s2.postimage.org/5o6ou9qhi/2qwk5sm.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/24kr4gnfo/full/)
hosting images (http://www.postimage.org/)

I think a light gloss is good and adds some mystery to the carīs paint compared with flat black :) http://s4.postimage.org/gdr6t2jsx/1983_cadillac_lowrider_4200_lower_valley_1140623.j pg (http://www.postimage.org/)
image upload (http://www.postimage.org/)

Anyway, Iīd prefer glossy black for my caddy.

Stingroo
09-10-11, 04:23 PM
Oh my god, that satin black Caddy is like sex on wheels.

jayoldschool
09-10-11, 04:36 PM
Yep, just imagine how good it could really look with some shine ;)

Stingroo
09-10-11, 05:07 PM
Flawless as-is.

79Devil'Girl
09-10-11, 06:44 PM
Woah. Btw I absolutely LOVE that caddy, what is that a barritz? Biaritz.. I can't spell right now. ANYWAY, I don't want too much shine as it's a ratrod, however I think satin would be a good color. I was gunna do black epoxy primer 'cuz my friend has a lot of it, so it was just free paint, and he also said flat is easy to spray because if I screw up I can sand it down and do it again.
TRUTH be told, I wanted to get it professionally done in Satin black with the top glossy white, the look I am trying to go for is that '50s Cad you posted cadforce.
But.. I don't have 4 thousand dollars, which was the quote :(
....May as well do it right the first time though. That '80s cad looks ghetto in flat black. I don't want mine looking like that.
My '88 is going to be professionally painted glossy black, may take 2 years of saving LOL.
....I keep scrolling up to eye that caddy while I'm typing this. Lmao. That thing is hawt.. is it a '57 ? Rrrrawr.

77CDV
09-10-11, 09:35 PM
It's a 1958, a Coupe de Ville, I think, or possibly a Series 62 Coupe.

CADforce69
09-12-11, 11:36 AM
It's a 1958, a Coupe de Ville, I think, or possibly a Series 62 Coupe.

Thatīs right. Here you can see 2 more pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7356924@N02/3741790980/in/photostream/

I donīt know which is exactly the technique for a real car but for scale models you can buy a semi-gloss varnish to apply on flat finishing. Maybe itīs used to increase gloss without reaching a glossy finish.

79Devil'Girl
09-12-11, 11:57 AM
Well, at 7:45 last night, sept 11th, my car fired on the first try. Wow what a sound! It took us like 2-3 months of procrastination mixed with work to get to this point.
I can't tell you how thrilled I am, nor how much I adore my car now that I know just what's going on in that motor. There was no real backfiring, the exhaust from the duals was even.
We ran it at high idle for about 15 mins to break in the cam, using water for coolant incase there was any leaks or anything, sprayed the radiator a bit with water too just to keep it cool.
Dropped it to idle for just a few mins to hear that cam. It's not very lopey, as I got a high torque cam not a high rpm cam, but man it sounded sweet.
We celebrated with some ol white lightnin' and I can't remember the rest of the night LOL.
I took a vid with my phone, turned out to be crappy so I'll use a real video camera today so you guys can hear her too!

CADforce69
09-12-11, 12:21 PM
This engine looks great in its housing too, still better knowing it runs so good. Congrats to all of your team :thumbsup:; now the best part of restoration is coming as youīll be able to drive it from stage to stage during the resto process.

Looking forward to see that vid. :D

79Devil'Girl
09-13-11, 11:34 AM
http://youtu.be/4xSq8hrQ***
I wonder why it aint letting me link. EDIT: OH! LOL! The last three letters are f a .. g. lmao.
There's two other older vids of her too on my youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/DemonicWolfie
She's got BALLS NOW! .. So maybe I should call her a him.. ^_o

CADforce69
09-13-11, 05:33 PM
I assume last video in your channel is after engine is rebuilt... Sounds good! Sheīs tuned for racing? :)

79Devil'Girl
09-14-11, 11:35 AM
Yes, sorry - part 3 is the vid I took two days ago. Big difference from part 2 to part 3 in sound haha. And by tuned whatcha' mean? ;) This is just a cruiser..*cough*
There's a ticking sound from the front of the engine, found it was the fan clutch.. getting a new one today before taking her on a short trip up north to break her in. That'd suck if the fan stopped working & it overheated on her maiden voyage LOL.
Also, just curious - my transmission pan gasket is leaking, so I want to replace it and get a new filter and fluid too. Is this a good idea? I've heard old transmissions don't like new fluid..?

outsider
09-14-11, 11:45 AM
should be ok as long as you just do a drain and not a "flush"

I did it to my 69 and it didn't hurt anything.

CADforce69
09-14-11, 01:40 PM
New fluid is always advisable for a car you donīt know which kind of maintenance has had. Anyway, if fluid is clean and reddish most probably is ok; if itīs brownish youīd better change it. Be sure the leak comes just from transmission pan and not from front seal -very frequent in these old long time stopped cars-. Front seal change requires getting transmission out.

CADforce69
09-14-11, 01:45 PM
And by tuned whatcha' mean? ;) This is just a cruiser..*cough*
You wrote in your previous post:
I got a high torque cam not a high rpm cam, but man it sounded sweet
So I asked if you have changed cam to go racing or just because original was damaged, or... :)

79Devil'Girl
09-15-11, 11:46 AM
I got an Isky torque cam for it because the original was going flat, and because yes I did want to have alil extra power, and gotta admit it's got a nice lope.
...I say no to racing now.. but.. I haven't started driving it on a regular basis.. nobody has tried racing me yet.. so..
If there aint any cops around, and if the road aint busy, and if THEY start it....
...Man I am in denial huh.

CADforce69
09-15-11, 01:24 PM
I see :yup: A little more torque for the 429 wouldnīt do any harm. Try it for some time and letīs see what itīs able to do ;)