: Snow tire and wheel question for my v wagon

burt99
09-07-11, 04:46 PM
Just looking for some info on snow tires and wheels, should I go staggered or the same size for all corners? Should I get an 18" wheel? What size tire should I get if I decide to not go staggered? What tire would you recomend? Thanx for any info.

elphil
09-07-11, 06:11 PM
burt, there's a zillion post on the subject here. Suggest you use the search tool and if you don't find the answer you are looking for come back to this thread.

Myself, for my '11 Wagon, I went to Tire Rack and bought stock size Pirelli 240 Sottozero XLs mounted on O.Z. Superleggera III sliver rims. Very expensive. There are many less expensive ways to go which you can find here on the forum.

cruiser68
09-07-11, 07:15 PM
I went with Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60's in 255/40-19 front and rear. I wanted a more narrow tire than stock in the back for winter. I got lucky on the wheels. I wanted polished aluminum on my V instead of the painted that were on it when I test drove it. I paid the $800 for the polished and the dealer gave me the stock painted rims for winter tires. I was pretty shocked they gave me the wheels especially after they figured out it cost them a lot more than $800 to order them after the fact.

Haven't driven in winter yet but hoping it is decent with these tires.