: 100 Cadillac head gasket repairs completed

edb150
09-06-11, 11:14 PM
I am happy to announce 100 Cadillacs saved to date. # 101 will be done tomorrow. Sometimes it feels like i was put in a time machine back to 1999 and i own my own cadillac dealer. I think I have driven every model and color caddy in the last year and a half. Kinda cool if your a car guy. I wish I could go back to the 60s though.Anyhow thanks to everyone who made it possible.:cloud9:

Ranger
09-06-11, 11:17 PM
Congrats Joe. I'd say you must know what your doing by now. Bet you can do 'em blindfolded. Out of curiousity, what's the turn time on one now?

edb150
09-06-11, 11:32 PM
Not sure about the complet but we can get the whole powertrain out and on the operating table in about an hour and a half or less.

ThumperPup
09-07-11, 01:14 AM
hmm does faster turn around time mean better labor rates for customers ?

yeah i know we are dreaming if that ever meant that lol
aspecialy for a job that not many other want to jump on
yeah can see it if it was a job every corner shop could do but
not on this

but hey we could hope like say it used to take 3 days and you charged one price now if it only takes 2 days some might think its worth less in rate
but we

all know that won't happen LOL

vincentm
09-07-11, 01:08 PM
Not sure about the complet but we can get the whole powertrain out and on the operating table in about an hour and a half or less.

1 1/2 hours to drop the cradle, yea i think it's safe to say you're a Northstar god.

zonie77
09-08-11, 06:47 PM

Are you dropping them out the bottom then? Do you have one of the "carts" the dealers have to set it on or do you use something else.

89falcon
09-08-11, 07:39 PM
Are you dropping them out the bottom then? Do you have one of the "carts" the dealers have to set it on or do you use something else.

I lowered mine with floor jacks on to 2 of these....

http://www.harborfreight.com/material-handling/dollies/1000-lb-capacity-polypropylene-movers-dolly-93614.html

If I had to do it over, I would jerk it out the top....getting car high enough to roll the subframe out is tough without a lift....but I did determine that you can bring out out the right wheel well (if you pull the right wheel/strut assembly) with the car lower than if you were trying to pull it out the front.

edb150
09-08-11, 10:38 PM

Yes out the bottom and I have 2 tables I made to drop the powertrain onto.we often do 2 at a time. there on wheels so we can move them around. Check out the website for pics. www.midwestcadillacrepair.com

ThumperPup
09-08-11, 10:41 PM
Hew Joe when was the last time you updated your website
i just took a peek and under services i noticed that it has said our latest head gasket job pictures 2002
i know that was there last year in April of 2010 might want to update it with something more up to date and all

zonie77
09-09-11, 01:11 AM
Yes out the bottom and I have 2 tables I made to drop the powertrain onto.we often do 2 at a time. there on wheels so we can move them around. Check out the website for pics. www.midwestcadillacrepair.com

If I ever do another I think I will set up something like what you have. Nice work.