: CTS-V Discounts

Thrill6
09-06-11, 09:09 PM
Looking to buy a new 2012 CTS-V and wanted to know what kind of discount off sticker I should expect. I've been looking for few weeks but haven't found one that I've gotten a price on yet. How long does it take to get one in when ordering one?

Thanks in advance!!

Cadillac CTS 08
09-07-11, 12:11 AM
times 2

SoCalCTSV
09-07-11, 12:22 AM
Costco or. USAA discount will get you a nice discount just slightly more than a GM employee family or supplier discount. I've been researching for weeks and am pulling the trigger this week.

EuroTrash
09-07-11, 12:38 AM
Anyone know off hand if a USAA discount can be combined with a GM friends/family discount?

SoCalCTSV
09-07-11, 01:39 AM
One or the other not both.

Loaded 2011 in the $65,000 range for the GM discount. $3-4000 more for the same for a 2012.

USAA in the $69,000 range fully loaded with another $750 incentive.

dcc8203
09-07-11, 08:34 AM
One or the other not both.

Loaded 2011 in the $65,000 range for the GM discount. $3-4000 more for the same for a 2012.

USAA in the $69,000 range fully loaded with another $750 incentive.

I am pretty sure that the $750 USAA GM discount does not apply to Caddies. Would double check on that in the fine print.

Thrill6
09-07-11, 12:55 PM
So discounts on a $70,000 Cadillac CTS-V is only 2 to 3K? Loaded Corvette convertilbles are about the same price and discounts over the last 5 years have been in the 5 to 10k range, and currently around 8k. Corvette ZR1's (125k) discounts are currently around 15 to 18k.

stabie
09-07-11, 01:16 PM
Discounts on the ZR-1 when it first came out were negative. Dealers get what they can get. Dunno how fast V's are flying off the shelves. I do know when I looked at a 09 sedan when they were first available, they were adding markup, so things have gotten better from that. I got a few k knocked off my '11 vagon, but I think that had alot to do with they were worried they were going to have trouble selling a vagon. They were not dealing on the coupes/sedans then, except one coupe that had some paint problems. I would be wary of any abnormally discounted car. There may be a reason that it is discounted like the one from boston with the paint issue discussed in one of the other threads.

ReaperV
09-07-11, 01:59 PM
I just started looking for V last week. GM is offering a $3k discount and i'm at $5k from the dealer so $8k total. Its a 2011 wagon. we'll see what happens in the next few days. If I can't get the deal I want on a 2011 i'll order a 2012.....

Thrill6
09-07-11, 02:40 PM
Existing dealer incentives for all GM products expired yesterday on 9/6 and the new incentives are officially coming out today. I would like to know what the new GM incentives are but more interested in know what I should expect as a dealer discount. Anyone have any idea on the dealer "cost"?

I have no interest in playing games at a dealership so thay can talk in "payments", I'm only interested in the final price of the vehicle because the payments are whatever they are based on the price, interest rate, and my down payment. When negotiating the final price of the car, I need to know if 3K off sticker (not including GM incentives) is a good deal, or that it should be closer to 8K. After I have the price of the car, I will have the dealership get me their best deal on financing, and then shop that around as well. Dealer cost and the cost of financing are separate and I'm going to shop for the best price on each. I financed my last car though the dealership, who got me a loan at my own bank cheaper than the rate they gave me.

What kind of deals have been people getting on their NEW V's?

GM-4-LIFE
09-07-11, 05:18 PM
I am in Los Angeles and I ordered my 2011 V Coupe from James Quinn over at Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn, MI and he got me the most discounts I could have ever imagined. Got me GM Employee deal with rebates and got my car built a month before any other dealer could. He had the car drop shipped to a Cadillac dealer a block away from me here in L.A. He made the process so easy for me. My 2011 V Coupe was my 4th new Cadillac from James in a little over a year.

I would advise giving him a call and just talking to him.

PM me if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

lilred
09-07-11, 08:20 PM
I just bought a 2012 sedan this weekend. The sticker on the car was 72,970. I ended up paying 66k and change. I was told this was below invoice. Seems about right. It's black diamond with no sunroof. If it ever stops raining here I will take some pictures. My wife has an 06 Infrared V, hence the username.

SoCalCTSV
09-07-11, 09:39 PM
I am in Los Angeles and I ordered my 2011 V Coupe from James Quinn over at Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn, MI and he got me the most discounts I could have ever imagined. Got me GM Employee deal with rebates and got my car built a month before any other dealer could. He had the car drop shipped to a Cadillac dealer a block away from me here in L.A. He made the process so easy for me. My 2011 V Coupe was my 4th new Cadillac from James in a little over a year.

I would advise giving him a call and just talking to him.

PM me if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

PM sent. Sign me up quick. I am ready to order a 2012 CTSV Coupe.

GM-4-LIFE
09-08-11, 12:24 AM
PM sent. Sign me up quick. I am ready to order a 2012 CTSV Coupe.

Call James ASAP and he will get you handled quickly.

He makes the process so damn easy!

dcc8203
09-08-11, 05:18 PM
Here is the fine print on USAA's GM discount: "GM and Mercedes-Benz offers are limited time purchase price discounts. Offers available from manufacturers through participating dealers. GM discounts not available on Saturn, Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Cadillac vehicles, Corvette ZR1, Chevrolet Volt, Camaro convertible, and medium duty trucks. GM and Mercedes-Benz offer discounts only to persons eligible for membership in USAA Property and Casualty Insurance Group."

smackdownCTSV
09-08-11, 05:28 PM
Find a dealer that sells at invoice or invoice + a few dollars.