: Finally got my V, and I'm sick...

FLTRI
09-06-11, 01:56 PM
It was the last 2011 V wagon anywhere in the United States in the color and options I wanted. I paid a premium to have it shipped from Boston to Las Vegas, but the 0% finance, and below invoice deal made it seem worthwhile.

After 16 days, it finally shows up and I take delivery. When I get it home, I notice the V emblem is missing from the drivers door. On closer inspection, it's obvious that the drivers door has been repainted! Couple of runs, fish-eyes, and the lower 2" look like spray on bed liner.

I immediately take it back to the dealer, and show the GM. He agrees that it was repainted, and I honestly think he was embarrassed. Pretty obvious that the Boston dealer he traded cars with failed to mention the damage that was (poorly) repaired... I also point out that there is something rattling in the door when you close it. He says, "Yeah, heard that sound before, it's glass."

He swears he can repaint it, and make it right. I'll find out in two weeks...

Not a good way to start on my dream car...

M5eater
09-06-11, 02:02 PM
This was a brand-new car? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell significantly damaged new product as brand new, even if it's repaired in the PDI process. If it were me, I would return the car, period, there's just absolutely no way it would look right to me ever again, how much you pay attention to details however, is up to you. At the minimum, I would bee seeing some kind of monetary compensation for your time lost. Your own dealer has told you that he noticed a defect and sold you the car in that way anyway(again, something else that should have been fixed in the PDI)

v05
09-06-11, 02:04 PM
16 days... sounds like the shipping guy might have something to do wth this..??? like he hit it and brought it to his buddy back at home to fix??

tedcmiller
09-06-11, 02:04 PM
What you experienced is not too uncommon for people who are willing to take chances to save a few dollars. If you want a "good start" on your "dream car," don't take chances. Pay the extra dollars and get a car that you are happy with before you pay anything.

deckofficer
09-06-11, 02:05 PM
If it is any consolation, your dealer can make it right but I would check carfax on your VIN to make sure damage repaired was minor. Also your dealer will through the dealer communication network give that Boston dealer a black eye. The Boston dealer will have a very hard time in the future conducting dealer trades, and it serves him right. I hope the Boston dealer loses many sales for what he has pulled.

Bob

cbloveday
09-06-11, 02:07 PM
The dealer can fix it and it will soon be a distant memory.

M5eater
09-06-11, 02:08 PM
If it is any consolation, your dealer can make it right but I would check carfax on your VIN to make sure damage repaired was minor. Also your dealer will through the dealer communication network give that Boston dealer a black eye. The Boston dealer will have a very hard time in the future conducting dealer trades, and it serves him right. I hope the Boston dealer loses many sales for what he has pulled.

Bob
It could happen to anyone, it could happen on a truck in transit, or anywhere in between. The point is, they have insurance for that, and it's something that the customer should have been made aware of, asked them what they would like to do and if they choose to fix it, it should have been fixed correctly, the first time.

Speedtrapped
09-06-11, 02:19 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I owned my Vagon for all of 2 weeks, when a careless busdriver tried to navigate around my V in a parking lot and damaged my rear quarter panel. I was heartbroken, 6 weeks later, and $6k bill to bus company, I got her back. It sucked, but the work done was flawless, and I enjoy every minute I turn the key. I do agree if the car was sold as new, then you do not have to take delivery...if the transit guy did it, believe me its easy to get minor repairs fixed, and not have it on a car fax. You can get it fixed and wait...but if your OCD(like many of us are), make the dealer take the car back, order a 12' and wait a little longer. In the end, the Vagon will put a smile on your face.

JFJr
09-06-11, 02:21 PM
If you have confidence in your dealer, then go for it and put this behind you. Also, have them check everything to make sure that there aren't other issues. Sometimes it's best to live with these things as a reminder of a life lesson.

Jud

FLTRI
09-06-11, 02:25 PM
I'm not upset with my dealer, I really believe that they did not know of the repaint. Salesman, GM and a body guy came out to look at it. Like I said, they were all embarrassed.

GM said it's likely transit damage, and went on to say they are getting more and more brand new cars with damage that happened during shipping. As far as saving a couple bucks, it is in the five digits worth of saving vs. a 2012, once you figure in the 0% finance. It's still a brand new car whether it is a 2011 or a 2012...

They are calling the Boston dealer to see WTF happened, how bad the damage was, and why they failed to mention it. I'll ask for a Car Fax report, thanks for that. I'm going to give them one chance to make it perfect, and if it is not, I'll go from there. I went over the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb this morning, and can't find any other issues...

deckofficer
09-06-11, 02:30 PM
I'm not upset with my dealer, I really believe that they did not know of the repaint. Salesman, GM and a body guy came out to look at it. Like I said, they were all embarrassed.

GM said it's likely transit damage, and went on to say they are getting more and more brand new cars with damage that happened during shipping. As far as saving a couple bucks, it is in the five digits worth of saving vs. a 2012, once you figure in the 0% finance. It's still a brand new car whether it is a 2011 or a 2012...

They are calling the Boston dealer to see WTF happened, how bad the damage was, and why they failed to mention it. I'll ask for a Car Fax report, thanks for that. I'm going to give them one chance to make it perfect, and if it is not, I'll go from there. I went over the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb this morning, and can't find any other issues...

Thats the spirit. You are going to love your V.

MotownPimp
09-06-11, 02:35 PM
There has to be laws against this.

I'd think GM would want to make it right & then they can deal with whoever screwed the goose. This should not be your issue.

Trapspeed
09-06-11, 02:40 PM

Exactly. I'm not downplaying your situation or frustration one bit but I'm with cb on this. Let them repair to your satisfaction and enjoy that badboy! It'll be all good.

FLTRI
09-06-11, 02:55 PM

Exactly. I'm not downplaying your situation or frustration one bit but I'm with cb on this. Let them repair to your satisfaction and enjoy that badboy! It'll be all good.

Thats the spirit. You are going to love your V.

If it makes you feel any better, I owned my Vagon for all of 2 weeks, when a careless busdriver tried to navigate around my V in a parking lot and damaged my rear quarter panel. I was heartbroken, 6 weeks later, and $6k bill to bus company, I got her back. It sucked, but the work done was flawless, and I enjoy every minute I turn the key.

Thanks Fellas, makes me feel a bit better...

baabootoo
09-06-11, 03:01 PM
Nothing against this, at least in Wisconsin. I ordered, and bought, a new DTS (Deville) a few years ago; black. I had it over a year, then the windshield was cracked. I took it to a body shop and HE noticed an ugly swirl in the roof, and said, "Should we fix that too?" After he showed it to me, he said he sees this on brand new cars; shipping, assembly, etc. The dealer never said a word to me, and knew nothing about it. I wasn't impressed with their pre-inspection anyeway either. They did make it right, and it looked great afterwards.

elphil
09-06-11, 03:07 PM
http://lemonlawyer.wordpress.com/

thebigjimsho
09-06-11, 03:40 PM
Anything that happens on a brand new car will not show up on Carfax...

thebigjimsho
09-06-11, 03:41 PM
This was a brand-new car? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell significantly damaged new product as brand new, even if it's repaired in the PDI process. If it were me, I would return the car, period, there's just absolutely no way it would look right to me ever again, how much you pay attention to details however, is up to you. At the minimum, I would bee seeing some kind of monetary compensation for your time lost. Your own dealer has told you that he noticed a defect and sold you the car in that way anyway(again, something else that should have been fixed in the PDI)I've seen this before. It's not illegal...

thebigjimsho
09-06-11, 03:43 PM
16 days... sounds like the shipping guy might have something to do wth this..??? like he hit it and brought it to his buddy back at home to fix??part of that was the delay Hurricane Irene caused...

e6t
09-06-11, 03:45 PM
no chance id take that car... actually, id take it... and tell them to cram it up their cornhole.

Ketzer
09-06-11, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't have had an issue like this with CadillacTony. He would have seen this waayy before he called me to pick my car up. I'm just sayin'.

Jeff-

DiamondWhtV
09-06-11, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately, transit damage less than $500.00 doesn't have to be disclosed. If your dealer makes it right, get it fixed and move on. Just know however, that this will come back to haunt later on. Make sure you keep a copy of the repair, otherwise during trade in (if you decide to do that later on) it will show up and they will knock off the trade in value.

Happened to me...once. Won't let that ever happen again.

JimmyH
09-06-11, 09:43 PM
Anything that happens on a brand new car will not show up on Carfax...

anything, besides title transfers, that happens on any car, does not necessarily show up on Carfax.

After I got my brand new Camaro home, I discovered a small, almost invisible crack in the paint on the front bumper. The dealer did not seem to want to do much. But considering the HUGE discount I got the car for, I did not want to push my luck with cosmic fate, and let it go. Besides, it didn't take more than a month or so for other dings and scratches to occur.

If the dealer fixes it to your satisfaction, as others have already said, I think that is the important part. Maybe they will give you some accessory credit. That's what most dealers would do.

JimmyH
09-06-11, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't have had an issue like this with CadillacTony. He would have seen this waayy before he called me to pick my car up. I'm just sayin'.

Jeff-

Cadillac Tony FTW!

cdog533
09-07-11, 02:05 PM
Ask them for money to cover potential value reduction due to paint work.

1Sensei
09-08-11, 12:24 AM
I would return it. A new car painted! No way.

GM-4-LIFE
09-08-11, 01:36 AM
FLTRI,

Why not make GM replace the car for you? I wouldn't accept anything less if I were you. Make them take that car back and order you up a 2012 and get it into production ASAP. They have the power to honor the financing deal you got, especially in this case. They should do what they can to make it up to you and make sure you walk away 100% satisfied.

FLTRI
09-08-11, 03:34 PM
Thanks for everyone's input.

The car goes in 19th to have the door redone. They swear that when it's done, I'll never know it happened. Their body shop has a reputation in Las Vegas of being one of the very best, so confidence is high. I told them they have one chance to get it right, they said they get it, and it will be made right.

Also said that the Carfax shows nothing, and it wont after it's repaired, either. I also told them that I want it put on a rack, and have the car completely gone over by a tech, to make sure there are no other surprises from the clowns in Boston.

Local GM called the Boston GM to see what happened. No answer on that yet, but they are none too pleased with the other dealer, as they traded a V Coupe to them to get my Wagon.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks what the outcome is...

GM-4-LIFE
09-08-11, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well. Keep us posted on everything.

JimmyH
09-08-11, 05:54 PM
Sounds like they are on the ball now.

smackdownCTSV
09-08-11, 06:20 PM
I found out mine was repainted too. Must be a Boston thing.

Nutz
09-08-11, 07:44 PM
Have the car door removed to fix in the BODY SHOP, then bag the door opening and park the car in SERVICE so it still smells like a new car, instead of like bondo, paint, and dust when you pick it up.

e6t
09-09-11, 12:59 AM
OP, as a buyer of cars, pretend i am a potential buyer of your car... i like it... i ask, "has it had any paint or body work?" What do you say? somebody owes you money, because I damn sure am not paying a premium for a car that has had any paint work, particularly when you really have no idea what the car has been through.

set your emotional attachment aside and demand a NEW, undamaged car... or some cash.

FLTRI
09-12-11, 08:35 PM
Okay, here's an update.

Just dropped the Vagon off at the dealer. They are not going to repaint the door, they are putting a new door on it from another black with gray interior CTS. Door, door panel, window, mirror; the whole works. So, No damage, and no repair...

They are also going to tint the car for free, and provided me a CTS loaner while the car is in the shop.

Makes me happy, as I'll now have factory paint, not a repainted/repaired door.

What say, all???

thebigjimsho
09-12-11, 10:14 PM
Interesting solution. But sounds like it'll be fine that way. Glad it worked out...

Kluch
09-13-11, 05:49 AM
This is a great solution! You come out even more ahead of the game! Nice work.

Cub Cadet
09-13-11, 08:26 AM
The only downside is that the VIN numbers won't match between the door and the car. Not sure if that matters, but future buyers may check that. This is a moot point if you intend to keep it forever though.
The upside is that the body shop would have more than likely done a better repaint on the door than the factory did and it would have stood out. I know that my car looks like an orange peel all around.

Kluch
09-15-11, 03:33 PM
Any updates here?

newcadman
09-15-11, 03:41 PM
Have the car door removed to fix in the BODY SHOP, then bag the door opening and park the car in SERVICE so it still smells like a new car, instead of like bondo, paint, and dust when you pick it up.

Good thinking, great advice!

FLTRI
09-15-11, 03:58 PM
Any updates here?

The car is done, I pick it up in the morning as I work swing shift and can't make it in today. Service Manager put a door on it off of another Black Raven 2011 CTS wagon they had in stock, and used my interior door panel, as the donor vehicle had black interior. He called, and said it is "Perfect". I also had them put it on a rack to thoroughly check the car for any other "surprises" the Boston dealer might not have mentioned before they shipped it. Also, I asked them to check the differential fluid level, based on advise I gleamed from this site.

They are tinting the car for free to cover the inconvenience. Also gave me a 2010 CTS sedan (non-V) to drive while it was in the shop. I have a company vehicle, so the wife has been driving it (now, she wants a 3.6 Sport Coupe to go with the Vagon. Ugh...)

I'm about as OCD with my cars as you can get, and they were made very aware of that fact.

We shall see if their version of perfect, matches mine in the morning...

smackdownCTSV
09-15-11, 04:31 PM
I'm guessing the door is going on the donor car? Next buyer probably won't even notice and the dealer would get away with it. I probably would have pushed for more, but if you're content with it, then that's all that matters.

FLTRI
09-15-11, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I too wondered where my old door is going to end up. I'd hate to be the next guy that buys the donor car. Maybe they'll strip it and repaint it before it goes on. Something I'll ask tomorrow...

All I really wanted was to have my brand new car be, brand new. With the door replaced, not repaired, it should be. I really didn't see the point in pushing the issue as I now have a (completely) new car, with no repainted panels. They even used all new fasteners to get rid of any marks on the hinge bolt heads.

As I mentioned in other posts, it wasn't my dealer that tried to pull a fast one on me, it was the dealer they traded with. I asked if they can get some reimbursement form the Boston dealer, and they said no. GM wont step in for them, and the Boston dealer told them the car was repaired in their "Mercedes paint shop" and the repair was fine. When the local manager started pushing, the Boston guy told him to pound sand, and hung up.

cdog533
09-15-11, 04:55 PM
I hope it matches. Many things can affect paint coloring on different days including temp, pressure, mix of paint, hardener, etc.

You need to look at it in sunlight, under their shop lights, and at night under gas station/McDonalds lights. Bright flourescents, like under a gas station canopy, will really show any mismatch in the paint from door to the other panels.

thebigjimsho
09-16-11, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I too wondered where my old door is going to end up. I'd hate to be the next guy that buys the donor car. Maybe they'll strip it and repaint it before it goes on. Something I'll ask tomorrow...

All I really wanted was to have my brand new car be, brand new. With the door replaced, not repaired, it should be. I really didn't see the point in pushing the issue as I now have a (completely) new car, with no repainted panels. They even used all new fasteners to get rid of any marks on the hinge bolt heads.

As I mentioned in other posts, it wasn't my dealer that tried to pull a fast one on me, it was the dealer they traded with. I asked if they can get some reimbursement form the Boston dealer, and they said no. GM wont step in for them, and the Boston dealer told them the car was repaired in their "Mercedes paint shop" and the repair was fine. When the local manager started pushing, the Boston guy told him to pound sand, and hung up.Glad it wasn't Olsen, then. The only dealer I can think of that has Caddy and Mercedes is Herb Chambers. Sorry to hear. I wouldn't buy from them anyway...

Cub Cadet
09-16-11, 09:26 AM
I hope it matches. Many things can affect paint coloring on different days including temp, pressure, mix of paint, hardener, etc.

You need to look at it in sunlight, under their shop lights, and at night under gas station/McDonalds lights. Bright flourescents, like under a gas station canopy, will really show any mismatch in the paint from door to the other panels.

The funny thing about this is that you can take a brand new car and do these light tests and you will find all kinds of mismatch... especially between the metal and non-metal surfaces. If you look at my bumper covers, you can see a slight difference between them and the metal fenders they meet up with.

smackdownCTSV
09-16-11, 09:40 AM
Glad it wasn't Olsen, then. The only dealer I can think of that has Caddy and Mercedes is Herb Chambers. Sorry to hear. I wouldn't buy from them anyway...

Yeah, they suck!

JimmyH
09-16-11, 12:42 PM
The funny thing about this is that you can take a brand new car and do these light tests and you will find all kinds of mismatch... especially between the metal and non-metal surfaces. If you look at my bumper covers, you can see a slight difference between them and the metal fenders they meet up with.
On my camaro there is a visible difference in color between the fascia and fender in every light.

FLTRI
09-16-11, 01:05 PM
I went to pick it up this morning, it wasn't right so here we go with round two.

Door to fender misalignment, buffing marks in the front fender where the guy that did the original paint repair hit it with polishing compound, light scratches in the trailing edge of the new door, missing assembly sticker on door...

The paint match and orange peel are perfect though. Looks a whole lot better than it did. Hopefully, they can get the door aligned, and the rest of the scratches buffed out...

Cub Cadet
09-16-11, 01:35 PM
On my camaro there is a visible difference in color between the fascia and fender in every light.

I noticed this on a new blue Camaro sitting at a dealer last weekend. The plastic on the front did not match the hood or fender... the car was wet and this amplified the difference.

NickCat
09-16-11, 06:21 PM
It was the last 2011 V wagon anywhere in the United States in the color and options I wanted. I paid a premium to have it shipped from Boston to Las Vegas, but the 0% finance, and below invoice deal made it seem worthwhile.

After 16 days, it finally shows up and I take delivery. When I get it home, I notice the V emblem is missing from the drivers door. On closer inspection, it's obvious that the drivers door has been repainted! Couple of runs, fish-eyes, and the lower 2" look like spray on bed liner.

I immediately take it back to the dealer, and show the GM. He agrees that it was repainted, and I honestly think he was embarrassed. Pretty obvious that the Boston dealer he traded cars with failed to mention the damage that was (poorly) repaired... I also point out that there is something rattling in the door when you close it. He says, "Yeah, heard that sound before, it's glass."

He swears he can repaint it, and make it right. I'll find out in two weeks...

Not a good way to start on my dream car...

I went to the dealer your wagon came from this afternoon. I wanted to take the wife to see a wagon before I place my 2012 order. So we walk into the dealer and speak with the sales manager asking if they have any wagons (V or non-V) on the lot. He starts looking through his book and finds they have a V Wagon. He sends some lackey salesperson to go get the car to pull it up out front. We wait in the showroom, looking at a coupe, and about 10 minutes later the lackey salesperson shows up, no car, and gives me the brush past as he heads to the sales manager. Both then walk back over to us and the sales manager apologizes that the car had been shipped in trade to Vegas... and he tells me it had a huge scratch up the drivers side door that needed to be repainted, so they were happy to trade it to another dealer. This was Herb Chambers Cadillac in Danvers, MA.

To add insult to injury this moron then tries to start selling me on a Magnum, then as I proceed to tell him I'm just going to order a 2012 wagon... the sales manager has the giant brass balls to tell me... "They aren't making them anymore" I said... I know they are planning on stopping production in 2013, but I know for a fact they are still making 2012 cars and taking, and filing, orders for them. He blows me off... and continues to try to sell me something else.

So needless to say... I will NEVER go back to that dealer again.

Sorry for your trouble with the car... from my 15 minute experience at the dealer I can say it's run by a bunch of idiots who could care less if they were selling toasters rather than cars.

My experience at the first dealer, MacMulkin Cadillac in NH, was sooo good, I forgot what crappy dealers were like!

FLTRI
09-17-11, 01:39 PM
Wow, what a small world. Thanks for that, very interesting.

My dealer never disclosed the exact dealership, and I never pushed the issue. The window sticker said the car was originally delivered to Herb Chambers Cadillac, but I couldn't be sure that it hadn't been dealer traded previously. I wasn't going to name them, as I didn't want to hurt a dealer that may not be at fault. Your story however, confirms it was them. In today's economy, doing business like this will catch up to them sooner, rather than later...

I may share you're story with the local manager, if you don't mind. He is as pissed at them as I am. Cost me frustration, cost him frustration, and money...

The car is back, and on first blush it looks pretty damn good. My wife picked it up last night (I work swing shift, and couldn't make it in before they close). She is as much of a gear-head, driver and critic as I am, so I trust her to find and point out any flaws. She accepted the work, and told me both the service manager and GM told her if we find anything else to bring it back and they'll fix it. They really are concerned, and playing well with us.

Anyway, hopefully I'm now done with the drama. As several others have mentioned, it's time for us to enjoy this beast, and put the door issue behind us. Thanks to everyone that chimed in with advise, I listened to all of it, and truly appreciate the concern and suggestions! :thumbsup:

NickCat
09-17-11, 02:54 PM
Absolutely on sharing the story... If you need any more specific details PM me, I'm not sure I have much more than the name of the sales manager... but since he didn't know off hand the car had been swapped, I doubt he was the one directly responsible... but he did seem very well informed when he told me the story about the scratch on the door. I wish he said when it happened... but he didn't Whether it was delivery or at the dealership, it's pretty obvious by your description of the "repaint" it was a horrible job. You'd think you'd spend a couple extra bucks to bring a $70K+ car on your lot back to near factory new condition.

I just thought it was incredibly coincidental that when we got home from the dealer I popped on the site and was going to post about the experience, but I happened to find your thread about it first. I know the number of wagons is so low the odds of it NOT being someone here was pretty low.

I hope driving it will quickly wash away the bitter taste in your mouth from this experience. (I'm still at least a month or two away from getting to know the feeling) Not that you need it... but if I were in your shoes, I'd have been just as critical, and pissed... this isn't a cheap car, and you damn well deserve to get every penny worth of new car you paid for!!!

thebigjimsho
09-17-11, 02:55 PM
I can go to that dealer and waste their time, if you want me to. Some excessive window shopping, if you will. we could have a Caddy meet there and all waste their times...

The thing that sucks, though, is that Herb Chambers owns the Boston area. They're so big, nothing will hurt the overall bottom line. But if enough complain about the Cadillac dealer, maybe GM could step in. Nah...

thebigjimsho
09-17-11, 02:57 PM
How is Rowley doing lately?

FLTRI
09-17-11, 04:19 PM
I can go to that dealer and waste their time, if you want me to. Some excessive window shopping, if you will. we could have a Caddy meet there and all waste their times...

The thing that sucks, though, is that Herb Chambers owns the Boston area. They're so big, nothing will hurt the overall bottom line. But if enough complain about the Cadillac dealer, maybe GM could step in. Nah...

Actually, what I would really like to know is what, specifically, caused the damage, and how bad it was. Was it just transit damage, vandalism, or did it get power slid into a tree on a test drive??? How bad was it prior to repair, and how in the blue hell could they think the repair would pass inspection? It was that bad, the stainless trim had sanding marks on it, and how can you miss putting the 'V' emblem back on?!?

Sooo, if any of you Bostonian's wanna pay em a visit and do some detective work, first through fourth cold malted beverages are on me, should you ever find yourself in Las Vegas...

LV_V
09-17-11, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear the local dealer took care of it. They were always great to work with on my 04 V that was in the shop every month. I think they replaced 6 rear diffs for me.....

NickCat
09-18-11, 12:36 AM

It's the same story with Ira... which is why I buy all my cars in New Hampshire. It's a damn shame Herb Chambers sucks so bad, they are definitly the closest service to me. Oh well... I'd rather drive an hour for service than worry about morons touching the car.

How is Rowley doing lately?

Pretty good. Moved to Rowley 4 years ago after living in Florida for 12, but I grew up in Danvers. You know the area?

Actually, what I would really like to know is what, specifically, caused the damage, and how bad it was. Was it just transit damage, vandalism, or did it get power slid into a tree on a test drive??? How bad was it prior to repair, and how in the blue hell could they think the repair would pass inspection? It was that bad, the stainless trim had sanding marks on it, and how can you miss putting the 'V' emblem back on?!?

Sooo, if any of you Bostonian's wanna pay em a visit and do some detective work, first through fourth cold malted beverages are on me, should you ever find yourself in Las Vegas...

I might be completely imagining it, but I think he did say it happened in the service area. I just wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible after he laid all the BS on me. While I don't think I'll have the time to go down there, you damn well better make sure I will be passing along my experience to anyone I come across who considers going there.

I already do the same thing for Ira Subaru... they are just as shady.

Sorry to go off topic... but I haven't really introduced myself yet... and it will make the Ira Subaru story a bit funnier.

My name is Nick, I'm the owner of NASIOC.com, the world's largest Subaru enthusiast forum in the world. Been running the site since 1999, so needless to say, I know a good fair bit about Subaru's. ;)

Back to Ira... when I moved back to MA, I was looking to replace my 475hp '06 WRX STI :) with an '08 WRX STI (planning for a baby I wanted the 5 door). So I went over to Ira... to ask some questions... most of which I knew the answers to already... the sales person then starts to feed me the biggest bunch of lies about production numbers and availability of the car. Needless to say I left pretty quickly. The only other time I went there was when I walked in with my mom, and a VIP pricing document straight from Subaru, to get her a car. Which is why I'm so damn rusty when it comes to buying cars, I haven't had to negotiate a car price in about 8 years now.

Which is why this whole experience at Herb Chambers brought back the flood of bad memories of why car salesmen are "car salesmen." Does BS still really sell cars faster and more efficiently than honesty?

I'm still not entirely convinced he didn't know the car was gone and was just stringing me along to keep me at the dealership long enough to try to sell me something else. Do people go into a dealership asking for one model and really drive out with something else? Especially when it's something so unique as the V? I imagine if I were looking for a Vette this retard would have tried to talk me into a Mustang.

hotrod caddy
09-18-11, 07:06 PM
Same thing happened to me. Purchased V-Coupe in May. Got it home and the area around the gas cap did not look right. Where
the chrome on back window meets the top did not look right. Took it back to the dealer, and they could not see it. Took it to the
caddy body shop and with in 10 seconds, said it had paint work. They pulled up a report and at 5 miles, transportation damage was
repaired. They were very happy to give me a loaner so they could put it in the body shop and "make it better than new" I said that
I needed a ride home, so they could find me another car just like the "New One" I had purchased. They said OK, and within a day and a
half, there was a new one delivered to me. This one had a very small dent and a couple of scratches on the chrome on the trunk. They
replaced that with no problems. Make them get you a new one........or $7000 rebate.

thebigjimsho
09-18-11, 10:06 PM
NASIOC, huh? Does the Subaru community know you're getting a V? My brother has a 9-2X and my parents have had 2 Subarus(an '08 Legacy and had an '03 Forester XT). My brother and father are both on NASIOC. I get to hear all the stories through them...

thebigjimsho
09-18-11, 10:07 PM
Born in Lynn, grew up in Billerica, living in Worcester...

mrl859
09-18-11, 11:05 PM
What a small world. I used to be on NASIOC when I had my 05' STi.

NickCat
09-19-11, 12:48 AM
NASIOC, huh? Does the Subaru community know you're getting a V? My brother has a 9-2X and my parents have had 2 Subarus(an '08 Legacy and had an '03 Forester XT). My brother and father are both on NASIOC. I get to hear all the stories through them...

Some of them do, but I'm not replacing the STI... the Caddy is going to be a fun car. :) Most have said they would buy one of they could afford it, a few locals have older model Vs already! :) My main reason for wanting a V is that I think I've earned a luxury car, something Subaru does not make, and there is no way I could drive a "slow" luxury car after my years with high powered turbo cars... that and frankly I think the Black Diamond V Wagon next to the Aspen White STI Wagon is going to be a pretty slick combo! :)

What a small world. I used to be on NASIOC when I had my 05' STi.

Excellent!

Even more further off topic... NASIOC was actually just mentioned on tonight's Top Gear America during the 2011 STI review! Pretty exciting for us.

thebigjimsho
09-19-11, 01:23 PM
Some of them do, but I'm not replacing the STI... the Caddy is going to be a fun car. :) Most have said they would buy one of they could afford it, a few locals have older model Vs already! :) My main reason for wanting a V is that I think I've earned a luxury car, something Subaru does not make, and there is no way I could drive a "slow" luxury car after my years with high powered turbo cars... that and frankly I think the Black Diamond V Wagon next to the Aspen White STI Wagon is going to be a pretty slick combo! :)

Excellent!

Even more further off topic... NASIOC was actually just mentioned on tonight's Top Gear America during the 2011 STI review! Pretty exciting for us.Well, if you decide to bring the V to any of the meets, I may just have to join you...