: squeaking from front of car after lowering

jsanders
09-06-11, 02:32 AM
I know there have been posts on this before. I've had my v2 for about 5months now. i lowered my car using D3 sport springs. First and foremost , i love the way the car looks now!!!! the stance is perfect!!! everything was fine till about 2months after. All of a sudden started getting squeaking coming from the front of car. i called D3 and they were very helpful and said they would send me spring sleeves and that should solve the problem. I had the sleeves installed top and bottom on both front springs. Still the same problem..... WTF??? the squeaking seems most noticeable under braking or driving over uneven surfaces such as a driveway lip or speed bump. I'm going to take it to the dealer in the morning. Anyone else have any idea what it could be? something else rubbing? some other suspension components or bushings? maybe its nothing to do with the springs.... At this point i just want to get it fixed... oh, and i dont want to go back to stock springs... lol!!!

jsanders
09-06-11, 04:47 AM
hmmm... anyone out there with any info?

seahaas
09-06-11, 06:46 AM
Had a similar problem with D3 lowering springe after I had them installed, turned out that they were power coated on contact surfaces, noy good, we had to remove the powder coating from all surfaces that made contact with the car. Once we had steel on steel contact the squeak went away. Good luck.

jsanders
09-06-11, 11:52 AM
Hmm. Thanks for the info. At the dealer having their suspension tech taking a look at it now. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this issue. I've had many customized cars and unfortunately sometimes modification issues arise. Once I get it resolved I will let everyone know. Thanks.....

wfo
09-06-11, 11:55 AM
Yup, even with the sleeves installed too.

Couldn't take it anymore...took mine off, no squeak.

Even went back to my OEM tires and wheels, as it didn't look right with the larger wheel package without the lowering.

cruiser68
09-06-11, 01:10 PM
My stock suspension does the same when I have 3 or 4 people in the car. Squeaks when braking from the front end and squeaks when pulling into the driveway over the curb. Haven't looked yet or had the dealer look as I mostly drive solo. Sounds like there may be rubbing somewhere when lowered either by springs or extra passengers.

jsanders
09-06-11, 08:45 PM
well, its been a long day and still no solutions. the suspension tech at a local chevy dealer claims its a lower control arm bushing due to the fact that the car is lowered and that contol arm is now at a different angle. D3 claims its some suspension part that cadilac is having issues with even on some cars that arent lowered. I'm determined to find a solution to this besides putting the stock springs back in. I wish i lived in california to have the techs at D3 to look at the car. It's about a 4.5 hour drive from vegas. Maybe do that as a last resort...... there has to be someone out there that has solved this problem... I mean, come on! the car has only been lowered like 1inch in the front........ anyone else out there have any suggestions? or solutions????

jsanders
09-06-11, 08:47 PM
once again, i appreciate everyone that has responded! thank you........

litig8r187
09-06-11, 09:41 PM
I hope you can figure it out. My D3 springs squeak like hell!

surgin
09-07-11, 03:55 PM
i am have the same problem and feel the same way (won't go back to stock) i plan on putting Eibach lowering springs when they are available. keep us posted on your solution.

baabootoo
09-07-11, 05:27 PM
There is another 300? posts about this also.

Q8 6.2
09-08-11, 11:58 AM
well, its been a long day and still no solutions. the suspension tech at a local chevy dealer claims its a lower control arm bushing due to the fact that the car is lowered and that contol arm is now at a different angle. D3 claims its some suspension part that cadilac is having issues with even on some cars that arent lowered. I'm determined to find a solution to this besides putting the stock springs back in. I wish i lived in california to have the techs at D3 to look at the car. It's about a 4.5 hour drive from vegas. Maybe do that as a last resort...... there has to be someone out there that has solved this problem... I mean, come on! the car has only been lowered like 1inch in the front........ anyone else out there have any suggestions? or solutions????

Haha i know what you mean you dont want to go back to stock the V looks soo nice lowerd...The best way to find problem is it will take few days get can wd40 then spray one area at a time start with front sway bar bushings spray Alot then drive normally at least 24 hrs to let oil move around in there if sounds still there go spray other rubber parts start with left side then 24hrs later start on other side till you find the problem..it is a temporary fix Then just buy new rubber bushings that has not been settled on stock hight

BigJoeD
09-20-11, 05:45 PM
I hope you can figure it out. My D3 springs squeak like hell!

I've had mine for about 10k and no squeaking at all.

Low Rider
09-20-11, 11:27 PM
Just soak the hell out of the top sleeves with WD40 and the squeaks will go away......jack the front of the car up to separate the spring coils and reach in over the tire and spray all around the sleeves on top of the spring....you do not need to remove the tires. My car was really noisy until I did this and now it is quiet as stock....but looks way better.

BLitzkrieg
09-24-11, 10:38 PM
http://www.phone2forum.com/interface/scripts/viewimage.php?photoid=67299&code=eLrw3nD%2B9R601eZu9iDizQ%3D%3D%0A

Gentlemen i have found the cause. Cut the first rib off the bumpstop and remove the hard black plastic cap from thr top of the shock. Problem solved.

JetFuelOnly
09-25-11, 03:28 AM
Really? WD40 you guys? That stuff just collects dirt and requires more WD40. Try a teflon spray or something.

Also this really sucks about the squeaks. Hopefully BLitzkrieg found a solution that will work for everyone, but stuff like this is what makes me worry about lower again. My pontiac goes through 2-3 CV boots a side every year because of the harsh angle they are put at.

~D.