09-05-11, 09:42 PM
Love it...

http://youtu.be/aGurNvxMLPg

cbloveday
09-05-11, 09:45 PM
What if I told you, That commercial just made my day! Thanks for posting

miamictsv
09-05-11, 10:13 PM
It is nice to hear that GM gave something to Ferrari and the rest and show them how incredible the Magnetic Ride is. Now if only Cadillac can start to use all the Technology that this Ferrari has in it we will have one Incredible CTS-V.

concorso
09-06-11, 05:31 PM
I think its a great commercial as long as you dont think about it too much. I think this should have been a commercial for the ZR1 or Z06 Carbon with the 458 or 599 GTB in the rear view mirror. AFAIK, the Corvette is in a sales slump, while the V of any version has no trouble selling. It might have helped the Vette more then the V. Im sure this will help solidify the V series reputation of being stylish and technology laden (Art&Science), tho. The absolute worst part of this is that GM no longer owns the company. Outside of the LS V8, no other specific tech or part in GM's lineup has gotten as much praise as the Magnaride. This should still be GM owned technology.

M5eater
09-06-11, 06:09 PM
I think this should have been a commercial for the ZR1 or Z06 Carbon with the 458 or 599 GTB in the rear view mirror.
it's in a slump because it's due for a model refresh, and the vette is already an International icon, it's going to do well unless GM shoots themselves in the foot multiple times. The commercial is where it belongs, Cadillac needs this kind of marketing if it's going to transition from value luxury and dump it's float-boat past into actually competing with the big three. Comparing the suspension to a Ferrari accomplishes this perfectly.

JimmyH
09-06-11, 08:21 PM
Now if only Cadillac can start to use all the Technology that this Ferrari has in it we will have one Incredible CTS-V.

and an expensive one at that :bouncy:

concorso
09-08-11, 07:27 PM
it's in a slump because it's due for a model refresh, and the vette is already an International icon, it's going to do well unless GM shoots themselves in the foot multiple times. The commercial is where it belongs, Cadillac needs this kind of marketing if it's going to transition from value luxury and dump it's float-boat past into actually competing with the big three. Comparing the suspension to a Ferrari accomplishes this perfectly.Its the big 4. Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi are equals in that sense. I agree thar Cadillac needs intelligent marketing to get the luxury buying public looking at their products. I just dont agree that the claim-to-fame should be based on a suspension thats not theirs anymore.

M5eater
09-08-11, 08:20 PM
Its the big 4. Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi are equals in that sense. I agree thar Cadillac needs intelligent marketing to get the luxury buying public looking at their products. I just dont agree that the claim-to-fame should be based on a suspension thats not theirs anymore.

What would good marketing be without a tiny hint of exaggeration? Do you have a problem with their other ads as well?
1) the fastest production sedan in the world ads that still run-- insert panamera, F10 M5, ect..-- or the RS4 if you want to count it on track tires.
2) wiper blade ads, they designed some bosch icons with a fin? Give me a break, aside from the fact that they're clearly from a C6, the A6 outside had the same style blades back in 1998.

Cadillac isn't the first car company to pull this act. Nor will it be the last, In fact, the only ones that don't exaggerate a bit are ones that don't advertise, at all.

JFJr
09-08-11, 09:31 PM
Why is it so hard for some of you to be witnessing the passing of the baton? Get over it.

Jud

Antero
09-09-11, 10:48 AM
Anyway you look at it, its still a TV commercial. Not everyday you get to see a Ferrari behind a CTSV on a track. Lol.

4gear70
09-09-11, 04:37 PM
The Panamera is technically a 4 door hatchback... and an ugly one at that.

What would good marketing be without a tiny hint of exaggeration? Do you have a problem with their other ads as well?
1) the fastest production sedan in the world ads that still run-- insert panamera, F10 M5, ect..-- or the RS4 if you want to count it on track tires.
2) wiper blade ads, they designed some bosch icons with a fin? Give me a break, aside from the fact that they're clearly from a C6, the A6 outside had the same style blades back in 1998.

Cadillac isn't the first car company to pull this act. Nor will it be the last, In fact, the only ones that don't exaggerate a bit are ones that don't advertise, at all.

M5eater
09-09-11, 08:36 PM
The Panamera is technically a 4 door hatchback... and an ugly one at that.

There are all types of sedans, however a 4 door hatchback is a sedan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(automobile)#Types_of_sedans

4gear70
09-09-11, 09:36 PM
Yes, they claim "A vehicle with four passenger doors and a liftgate at the rear can be called a four-door hatchback, four-door hatchback sedan, or five-door sedan." and they go on to say "There can also be two-door hatchback sedans (three-door sedans), by the same technical explanation for two-door sedans." bit of stretch..

There are all types of sedans, however a 4 door hatchback is a sedan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(automobile)#Types_of_sedans