: Successful Android Audio Connection (HTC Thunderbolt)

CLH
09-04-11, 08:45 PM
I have a 2011 SRX and a HTC Thunderbolt. I've had the phone paired via bluetooth with the car for quite some time even though I have to decline the phonebook connection each time it connects. No big deal.

What I had been trying to do is use the USB connection in the center console to play music from my Thunderbolt in the same manner as an iPod. I noticed each time I pressed the AUX button and my phone connected a message would pop up saying no compatible file formats were found. A subsequent message would then say I could now disconnect my device. (I still believe this will work but think there's an issue with the directory structure on the SD card.)

Instead of disconnecting the device, I pressed the config button and was presented with another screen asking if I wanted to pair a bluetooth device. I went through the prompts, selecting the option to pair a bluetooth audio device.

I then had to put my Thunderbolt into search mode looking for GMusicConnect.
After the pairing to GMusicConnect was completed, I had access to the music files stored on my phone through the new additional bluetooth connection.

I have to manually start the music app on my phone but once it's started playback, I can then change songs using the controls on the steering wheel.

Using the aux audio input works as well but I didn't want to have 2 cables connected to the phone (charge, aux).

Hopes this helps someone.

stevec5375
09-05-11, 09:56 PM
I have a 2011 SRX and a HTC Thunderbolt. I've had the phone paired via bluetooth with the car for quite some time even though I have to decline the phonebook connection each time it connects. No big deal.

What I had been trying to do is use the USB connection in the center console to play music from my Thunderbolt in the same manner as an iPod. I noticed each time I pressed the AUX button and my phone connected a message would pop up saying no compatible file formats were found. A subsequent message would then say I could now disconnect my device. (I still believe this will work but think there's an issue with the directory structure on the SD card.)

Instead of disconnecting the device, I pressed the config button and was presented with another screen asking if I wanted to pair a bluetooth device. I went through the prompts, selecting the option to pair a bluetooth audio device.

I then had to put my Thunderbolt into search mode looking for GMusicConnect.
After the pairing to GMusicConnect was completed, I had access to the music files stored on my phone through the new additional bluetooth connection.

I have to manually start the music app on my phone but once it's started playback, I can then change songs using the controls on the steering wheel.

Using the aux audio input works as well but I didn't want to have 2 cables connected to the phone (charge, aux).

Hopes this helps someone.

Is the phone portion still connected while you have the audio portion connected? It is my understanding that it's one or the other but not both. What is your experience?

daddie2k3
09-07-11, 02:03 AM
Can you go into a little more detail...are you saying we can listen to pandora or any music app through Bluetooth?

daddie2k3
09-08-11, 03:57 PM
im trying this with my iphone 4

stevec5375
09-09-11, 11:01 AM
im trying this with my iphone 4

I'm pretty sure what you are going to find is that can connect audio OR phone but not both. It's hard to believe in this day and age that GM's flagship car can't do what some basic Ford's have been doing for quite some time. <shakes head>

daddie2k3
09-09-11, 07:14 PM
Yea that's crazy but I can't even connect to just audio it always go to phone...

CLH
09-09-11, 09:12 PM
I just checked and here's what I found.

The very first time, I had both connected via bluetooth. I started playing an audio file then placed a phone call.
When I ended the phone call, the audio did not resume b/c the bluetooth connection dropped.

I established the bluetooth audio connection again and repeated the process...

Start playing audio file, then place a call while music is playing.

The second time around, the audio paused while the call was being placed then resumed again when the call was ended.

CLH
09-09-11, 09:22 PM
Can you go into a little more detail...are you saying we can listen to pandora or any music app through Bluetooth?

I can't verify Pandora since I don't use it however I see no reason it should not work as well.

I'm using the stock HTC music app that came on the Thunderbolt and have quite a large collection of music saved on my SD card.

I do not get a display of the track being played but the steering wheel controls do allow me to change songs.

My wife normally drives the SRX and I've been working some long hours so I haven't had a chance to see what else is possible in relation to the knobs on the center dash console.

I'll check that out on Saturday and post the results.

Cliff

Cadillac CTS 08
09-10-11, 12:41 AM
I have a 2008 CTS with no bluetooth, only the ipod in the center console. Is there any way for me to listen to my music off the HTC Thunderbolt via this ipod connector in the center console?

Would this work:
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC17090-HandsFree-Cable/dp/B003DPPYKK/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

daddie2k3
09-10-11, 01:51 AM
Thanks Cliff please keep me posted

CLH
09-10-11, 03:53 AM
I have a 2008 CTS with no bluetooth, only the ipod in the center console. Is there any way for me to listen to my music off the HTC Thunderbolt via this ipod connector in the center console?

Would this work:
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC17090-HandsFree-Cable/dp/B003DPPYKK/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

I'm not positive about an 08 but if the iPod connector has a round hole next to it, you can use a 3.5mm audio cable and connect your TB.
Look for a button on the center console labled Aux. If you see that... you can connect your phone thru that input.
You'll have to change tracks on the phone itself though.

That's the reason, I didn't want to use the Aux port.

daddie2k3
09-14-11, 11:33 PM
Any new info??