: '93-96 Fleetwood Euro Tail Lights

turbojimmy
09-03-11, 07:41 PM
There's a guy locally that has an E&G grille and euro tail lights for sale. In what would surely be an act of fiscal irresponsibility, I think I can make a package deal for both.

The euro tail lights have the amber portion at the bottom. My question is: is the wiring different for the euro tail lights? Only the bottom is amber, but on the US version the entire light flashes with the turn signals. Will the stock bulbs fit? I think it would be a really cool and rare mod.

Stingroo
09-03-11, 07:45 PM
E&G grille - ewww.

Euro tails - SWEEEEEEEEET!

I'd bet you could surf the Impala forum and find out about the euro tails. Guys over there love that sort of thing.

turbojimmy
09-03-11, 08:17 PM
E&G grille - ewww.

Euro tails - SWEEEEEEEEET!

I'd bet you could surf the Impala forum and find out about the euro tails. Guys over there love that sort of thing.

Yeah, I might pass on the grille. But if the price were right for the bundle, I could resell the grille.

My wiring diagram has both the Export and US wiring diagrams. The US version shows the wiring for the upper, middle and lower bulbs for each tail lamp. But the export diagram just shows the upper and middle. It's the lower (amber) portion that's important. I might snag them anyway just to have them. I'm sure I can figure out how to wire them up.

jayoldschool
09-04-11, 11:47 AM
It's not the Impala guys that love the export tails, it's the lowrider guys at layitlow.com

CadillacPimpinNOLA
09-04-11, 01:07 PM
yes and they are so rare that they sell for a small fortune.

turbojimmy
09-04-11, 01:08 PM
It's not the Impala guys that love the export tails, it's the lowrider guys at layitlow.com

Hell yeah they do! I couldn't find anything on wiring. But after reading about them, I might just buy them and sell them on eBay. I can double my money!

jayoldschool
09-04-11, 02:33 PM
Personally, I don't like the look of the euro tails. Flipping for profit is a great idea...

turbojimmy
09-04-11, 02:36 PM
Personally, I don't like the look of the euro tails. Flipping for profit is a great idea...

I'm with you. The more I look at them, the more I don't like them. I may flip them, tho, if they're still available.

Stingroo
09-04-11, 07:03 PM
Yeah. I checked layitlow before my post, found no info. Figured that some of the Fleetwood guys on the ISSF would know. I hate searching on that forum a lot.

brougham
09-04-11, 07:33 PM
The euro tail lights used to be available from the dealer for half decent prices. Some people at this forum used to get them so the info you want for the wiring should be here too. If the whole thing flashes now it should just be as simple as unhooking the turn signal wire from the rest of the bulbs.
I don't like the look of them. There used to be a Fleetwood driving around here with them, haven't seen it in a few years now.

Cadillacboy
09-05-11, 02:38 PM
I would stick to original lights not euro ones

BlackDeVil
09-19-11, 06:47 PM
Hi! I like the U.S. originals better than the euro model. But I live in Finland, and I am just about to import a -96 Fleetwood Brougham from the U.S. I really need the euro model taillights, as they are mandatory over here! Anyone have an idea where to get them? They are not available from the local importers. Only a handful of the LT1 Fleetwoods ever arrived in Europe - less than one hundred? I think a disproportionally large number of them were brought to Finland, ten or so maybe; still so few I decided to get mine from the U.S. However, the lights must comply to regulations before the FWB can be registered. Any help / contacts much appreciated!

jayoldschool
09-19-11, 06:53 PM
Make a set. Take a regular set, cut out one section of the red lens, glue in amber. You should be able to get a tail light from a junk car there that has amber in it that you can cut out to use as a donor. You will need to make wiring changes to have the red part be brakes and the amber turn signals. I can sell you a spare set of tail lights to work on, but I am sure shipping won't be cheap...

turbojimmy
09-19-11, 06:58 PM
For the record, I let those tail lights go. They were on Craigslist and I'm sure they're gone by now.

EDIT: I just checked and they're still available. Re-listed yesterday. I might snag them in a package deal. He has some parts cars that I may be able to deal with.

outsider
09-19-11, 07:45 PM
i never saw euro tail lights...anyoen got a pic?

HartfordGuy
09-19-11, 07:53 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5532368699_9e7cf22701_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4822951655_86742680c9_o.jpg

outsider
09-19-11, 08:51 PM
thanks for the pics...i'm not a fan

N0DIH
09-20-11, 12:05 PM
I thought the Euro tailights were amber at the top... Shows what I remember!

I always wanted the T84 headlight option, (RH Rule of the road lights), but I don't know if the FW ever got them, the Impala/Caprice/Roadmonster did. But very rare now.

jayoldschool
09-20-11, 12:22 PM
You can easily check if FW got the T84 option. Run your VIN on the Compnine tool in the FAQs, then scroll down to check out all the available RPOs (past your car's RPOs). I think it was available on exports, but my memory is hazy...

N0DIH
09-20-11, 12:24 PM
When I checked years ago T85 showed up, but T84 was absent on the D Body cars. :(

We they not exported to LH drive eurpoean countries? Or cost reduction, just leave them with stock sucky US spec headlights?

Stingroo
09-20-11, 01:52 PM
T84s... want.

$1000 price tag... don't want.

425 Dual Quad
09-21-11, 06:19 PM
BlackDeVil,
Here in Ireland and the UK we need to have amber rear indicators too. However general opinion is the Euro tail lights don't look right. Three tall red tail lamps for us at the rear please - all day long. American cars have big red rear lights right! And in Ireland we can keep the red rear turn signals on cars over 30 years old, so we do.

What I did on my '93 and '94 Fleetwoods is carefully drill a hole in the back up lens unit (it unscrews from the top of the bumper) and insert a sprung loaded GM bulb holder in the hole and put an amber blub in. Works a treat. If you are worried about it falling out you can swap the turn signal blub for the fitted back up (reversing light) bulb and put the reversing light in the hole you made. However if you cut the hole just too small and finish it off with sandpaper to open it out the bulb holder stays in snugly. You can silicone it in if you are worried about water getting in but mine have been fine for 5 years.

Bizzarely the '94 needed 2 amber bulbs per side to get the indicators to flash at the right speed - 2 bulbs were needed to match the amerpage loading of the three stop/tail light bulbs on the standard flasher. In the '93 I have an electronic flasher with an adjustable delay and it only needs the one bulb.

For the front I converted one of the sidelights with an amber blub in the '94 and I think both of them in the '93.

You may need to 'disable' the side marker light in the grey side trim which flashes with the indicators. I just pulled the blub holder out and left it in the trunk drop off panel at testing time. If you need to cover up that light just take off the side panel and cover it with black tape.

I've just noticed the difference in Hartford's rear window and mine - interesting! So that's what Brougham looks like without the padded top!

Good luck, Nick

BlackDeVil
01-04-12, 10:07 PM
Sorry for my absence. Thanks for the comments!

BlackDeVil
01-04-12, 10:26 PM
It is interesting that in Ireland (a European Union country, like us) they apparently check the colors of the lamps, whereas in Finland they check the color too, but mainly they are interested in the markings on the lens! Nice job Nick, but that kind of solution would not get approved over here. I think I actually located the set of taillight lenses that turbojimmy was talking about, but then I also learnt that those lenses are most likely for Japan, not Europe. I can see them on pictures of Fleetwoods in Japan, but never in Europe. I have pretty similar looking taillight lenses on my deVille, but all the -93… -96 Fleetwood / Fleetwood Broughams that were originally imported to Europe seem to have the U.S. style lights. By the way, my -89 deVille has a euro spec with different rear plate holder, and the Touring Sedan type folding mirrors, for example. Could have done what jayoldschool suggested – make special euro taillights myself - it is not correct, but the people inspecting would not know what was original, and what was not! But a) because they were originally imported to Europe with the U.S. lenses b) there is an exempt for some years including -96, that you can use DOT approved equipment, I can keep the original equipment. So I was making much noise for nothing! By the way, I can see as much Euro here as I would ever want to, and more than I would want to. I have had a number of BMW’s, Mercedes’, whatever, but I like the Fleetwood as American as it can be! Suppose anyone is attracted to what is generally not around. The Fleetwood is still underway to Finland; the ship carrying it is making a stop in Sweden, Helsingborg. I should be able to collect it in Kotka next week.

Here's a picture of how the tail end of my deVille looks like:

hadesnuggz
01-04-12, 10:30 PM
nevrmind, couldnt see th epics at first

MoistCabbage
01-04-12, 10:42 PM
Here's a picture of how the tail end of my deVille looks like: Can you PLEASE post more pics of your Deville in the FWD forums (or anywhere else)? It's purdy :)

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-02-12, 03:16 PM
turbojimmy, did you ever get those taillights, are they still available. my friend said he wants them if they are

MrHolland
06-02-12, 05:03 PM
If we're putting in request, id like some T90 signal marker lamps if you have any. I'm only asking in this thread cause its also a euro thing.

turbojimmy
06-03-12, 06:47 PM
turbojimmy, did you ever get those taillights, are they still available. my friend said he wants them if they are

No, sorry. I never picked them up. They were on the North Jersey Craigslist. I'll look again, you never know....

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
06-04-12, 01:39 AM
What hes asking for the grill,i been trying to find 1 for a decent price for awhile

hailhopes
06-17-12, 11:16 AM
Post a pic dude of the lights and grill