: Perception, materialism

paden
09-02-11, 11:11 PM
This is probably going to be taken the wrong way by a few, and if so, I did not mean as you may assume.
I have had my red 06 V6 SYS since december. Had 30k miles when I bought it. I love it. However. I am getting a bit tired of being called a pimp. It is almost to the point of wanting to change to a different car, but that would be costly. This is strange to me, and is a bit backwards. Most people will by a car because of image, prestige, etc, rather than logic. I purchased this one because of the price for all of the features at such a low mileage. I guess I see now why it depreciated so much. Nobody wants to be seen as a pimp.

paden
09-02-11, 11:12 PM
STS. I hate auto correct on smartphones.

C&C
09-03-11, 09:08 AM
Next time you hear that 'pimp' comment, just ask: jealous?

STS's are a clean, uncluttered sophisticated design. IMO

CTBB
09-03-11, 08:01 PM
This is probably going to be taken the wrong way by a few, and if so, I did not mean as you may assume.
I have had my red 06 V6 SYS since december. Had 30k miles when I bought it. I love it. However. I am getting a bit tired of being called a pimp. It is almost to the point of wanting to change to a different car, but that would be costly. This is strange to me, and is a bit backwards. Most people will by a car because of image, prestige, etc, rather than logic. I purchased this one because of the price for all of the features at such a low mileage. I guess I see now why it depreciated so much. Nobody wants to be seen as a pimp.

paden,
Why would you care what such obvious cretins say about your ride? I see you're 45, not 17, and as stated above, need to script a short, smart reply, and move on. Has anyone that's actually ridden in your nice ride made such a comment?

Glenn

madmanmogan
09-04-11, 12:12 PM
I get comments all the time on mine none about me being a pimp (except from friends but thats nothing new). However I have never cared what others said about my cars. If I love them thats all that matters. Another thing I have had comments from young and old alike. Hell on a recent trip to Atl I talked to a guy at a Walgreens for ten minutes about how much he liked the car and he must of been 50 to 60. If you like it thats all that matters its your car not theirs.

mckellyb
09-04-11, 12:37 PM
You didn't get zebra-skin seat covers, did you?

Ignore them. I don't know where you are, but if these are your 'friends', you need actual friends.

Now...were you driving this...I'd understand the comments.

John Wicz
09-04-11, 06:46 PM
I had a comment or two also..............in one ear and out the other............

orange57
09-04-11, 07:51 PM
I haven't heard any comments, but I purchased my car because I liked it, not because I thought people might think i'm classy or flashy. My wife tells me i'm too modest about most things in general. For me it was important to purchase an American car. I wouldn't worry about what other people say, I do things to make myself happy, not others.

mckellyb
09-04-11, 09:42 PM
Meh, then don't think about it for one second more.

You have what you like...done. No apologies necessary.

Jesda
09-05-11, 07:08 PM
You could get a Lexus and be called a geezer or accountant.
You could get a BMW and be called a drug dealer.
You could get a Mercedes and be called a Russian mobster or African dictator.
You could get a Land Rover and be called an NFL quarterback's wife.

Just drive what moves you. Screw the haters.

m33tati
09-06-11, 09:38 PM
better a pimp then a hoe?