: sD in the manumatic position...

Dj Brady
09-02-11, 08:30 PM
Does this change anything as far as shifting/performance/suspension if I just move my shifter to the right w/out engaging a manual upshift or downshift? When I slip it to the right, it displays sD on the dash and I was just curious if this changes anything or just readies the system for manual shifting....

nathanjax
09-02-11, 09:51 PM
It puts the transmission into "sport" mode. Personally, I've noticed it going a little higher into the RPMs before shifting and it shifts a little quicker.

Dj Brady
09-02-11, 11:48 PM
I've had other cars with "sport mode" buttons and the "sport" was much more pronounced (don't get me started on my 94 TA with performance button.. that thing will give you whiplash when it shifts.. lol).. the caddy, not so much. I figured it did something, but I just can't really tell a difference.. don't get me wrong.. either way, the n* is no slouch, but I just wondered what that position did.

nathanjax
09-03-11, 12:03 AM
I know what you mean, I had a 96 TA

Dj Brady
09-03-11, 12:20 AM
I know what you mean, I had a 96 TA

The Lt1 is a lot of fun and I've done some work to mine (head work, mild cam, long tubes, 1.6 rockers and a couple other goodies) :) Do you remember the "perform" button on the console in the 94 TA GT? (it's the only year they put that button in there). What a fun button. :) that thing will chirp 3rd w/out even trying.

jedhead
09-03-11, 04:16 AM
With the lever in sport position, the transmission will hold gears. For example, if you came out of one corner at WOT, brake hard and corner hard into the next corner, the transmission will downshift for you going into the corner, hold the lower gear while cornering and shift at redline when you power out of the corner. You have to be running pretty hard (I have to push my V pretty hard). I don't think you get any more performance out of the engine other than the PCM adaptive mode will give a more aggressive timing to go with the more aggressive driving.

Bob