: Sunroofs rare?

sizanjdf
10-25-04, 09:01 AM
Heard somewhere that sunroofs in cars like mine are kind of rare...its a 86 fleetwood brougham. Not a delagance or anything, but has the sunroof and leather and all that good junk. Anyone know the Production numbers on these cars w/ sunroofs? and anybody else have one?

JAKE91
10-25-04, 09:46 AM
I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE A SUNROOF IN BOTH OF MY LAC'S.
THEY ARE NICE TO HAVE IN THE GOOD OLE SUMMER TIME, CRUISING DOWN THE ROAD. :thumbsup:

89_Brougham
10-25-04, 07:19 PM
Got one in my '89 d'Elegance but I still dont see many caddys with them regardless what model it is. Unless maybe it was aftermarket but other than that I dont think they are popular. I think it makes the car with it up though.

evilrussian
10-25-04, 08:15 PM
I have yet to see one in real life. I've seen plenty online but not in person.

FASSTWOOD
10-25-04, 11:29 PM
That's what sold me on my 95, the sunroof...

FLEETWOOD4mTeamLAC
08-02-05, 05:39 PM
Question for you sunroofers...Do u know which fuse controls it...? Mine won't open so i want to try replacing the fuse before I get it serviced

Caddy112
08-02-05, 06:24 PM
Sunroofs and Moonroofs are kind of rare, and always makes the car more special.

caddycruiser
08-02-05, 06:37 PM
RARE is definately the word when it comes to sunroofs in Fleetwood's.

Anyone know if they really were installed at the factory when optioned as such, or were they "after-builts" put in after the car rolled off the line? So far, most of the ones I've seen and one Roadmaster one I looked at had ASC aftermarket power sliders in them, but what about the "factory" one? Was it really done there?

I'll be looking for ANOTHER '93-96 Fleetwood this time next summer, and a power sunroof is on the TOP of my "gotta have" list :thumbsup:

N0DIH
08-03-05, 12:56 AM
Rub it in, I wish I had one!

So, find a V4P and sunroof car and I might be interested!!

caddycruiser
08-03-05, 12:05 PM
After we first looked at and put a deposit on the white/red Fleetwood we bought, we had started talking about getting an aftermarket slider and shade put in, but then eventually never got around to it. I love the car as is, but a sunroof would just set it over the top :yup:

On the other hand, however, the very FIRST Fleetwood we looked at the day before was a Sable Black over Black leather '93 Brougham that had BOTH the factory power sunroof AND the factory vinyl roof delete and that car was, on paper, at the top of our list....until we saw it and realized it had not only suffered from not being maintained well, but was pretty rough and would take considerable $$$ to get it up to even "nice" standards. The sunroof worked perfectly though, and I really liked it just for that part--even though the lowered headliner was quite noticeable to me.

Either way, my next Fleetwood will hopefully have one, and if it doesn't, I'll most likely get one put in because it's just a really nice little "luxury" item to have. :coolgleam

GWNorris3rd
08-21-05, 05:19 PM
Yeah, even rarer is the trailer tow option V4P... just cannot find the two together! But, looking...

N0DIH
08-23-05, 06:36 PM
Find and V4P and for $100, get a Sawzall!

Just kidding!!