: How to remove Grill Emblem? Mine has moisture. (PICS)

cbloveday
09-01-11, 08:23 PM
I was going to detail the front grill area and noticed the blemishes in the photos attached.

Note: My car is always kept very clean. It is garage kept overnight and garage parked while at work.

It appears that moisture has gotten underneath the Gel Coat. If the emblem can be removed I would like to know what the procedure is and I will talk to the dealership about a replacement. If you look closely there is an impact mark at the top right, so it may not be ethical for me to request replacement. I'm just looking at my options before I talk to the dealership.

I will be in there next week for brake pads.

So has this happened to anyone? I have 28,000 miles on the car but as I stated, it is garage kept. I do drive it year round.
It is definately not corrosion from salt.

I really can't believe this has happened in 2 years of ownership.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0289.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0285.jpg

The Tony Show
09-01-11, 09:14 PM
It's a fairly common issue- they should replace it under warranty without much hassle at all.

cbloveday
09-01-11, 09:16 PM
Thanks Tony. Any idea how to keep it from happening again. If this is happens every couple years, then I'll want to seal it in some way, if possible.

e6t
09-01-11, 09:35 PM
Thanks Tony. Any idea how to keep it from happening again. If this is happens every couple years, then I'll want to seal it in some way, if possible.

they wont replace that under warrantly... your engine mods have certainly affected the emblem. either that or they wont be able to see the the defect.

cbloveday
09-01-11, 09:52 PM
Cadillac of Naperville will replace it. They have been very good to me and my wife (she has an escalade).
Have you ever done business with someone who does so much that you actually feel guilt? That is how my dealership makes me feel at times.

thebigjimsho
09-01-11, 11:47 PM
My embz are off right now.