: Sagging Headliner

bignastybrew
08-31-11, 04:01 PM
So, I just got my 1990 Eldorado and one of the things that I want to take care of first is my sagging headliner. From what I can tell, tehre is actually nothing physically wrong with it, but it just sags. So much so that it has started pulling its edges out from the front and back so they're exposed. I want to fix it instead of replacing it (like I said, the headliner itself looks to be in great condition).

Can anyone point me int he right direction on how to do this myself? Maybe a website or a book or something?

VoigtR
08-31-11, 08:13 PM
Timing is everything, I have a follow up question. I started removing headliner on my 1990 Eldorado about two hours ago for same reason. Removing trim around doors involved some patience, but worked. Removing all the hanging parts (visors, clips, handles, signals, straps, etc) went pretty fast with a phillips screwdriver (once I figured out trick to unclip covers on straps). From that point front half of headliner was just hooked with velcro and now hangs down, but I'm stumped on how to remove back half. The trim in back (two door) is more like a panel than trim, from the door pedestal back it runs from headliner down to below bench seat level. What's the trick to getting the back half the headliner to come down?