: And my luck just ran out. . .

lilgCTS-V
08-31-11, 01:57 PM
I posted a thread already regarding my rims starting to crack and what not. Well on saturday my front rim cracked completely threw in 4 places, and now i believe my hub is damaged if the hub is damaged does anyone know where i can find another one ???

Charlie Costello
08-31-11, 02:05 PM
What do you mean by hub? Is it the bearing / hub you are referring to? If so, Carquest has them for the V's. Not cheap, but about half of what GM is.

wcryan
08-31-11, 02:15 PM
i think the sts-v uses the same hub (correct me if i'm wrong). But when you search; id search for both. You might get better results

AAIIIC
08-31-11, 02:47 PM
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but luck had nothing to do with it if you found cracks in a few of your wheels and continued to drive on them. :nono:

As for replacing wheel bearing/hub assembly, you can get new ones from the dealer or auto parts stores. Kind of like other car parts, now that I think about it.

thebigjimsho
08-31-11, 02:57 PM
Yeah, someone had to say it. Call Luke and see what he's got. They're not crazy expensive.

mberisha
09-01-11, 03:32 AM
Pics?!

lollygagger8
09-01-11, 10:22 AM
Pics?!

:yeah:

JDB
09-01-11, 10:29 AM
This is why buying a used car is a gamble.

1) how did you crack a wheel? (link to other thread?) You must have hit something. Wheels don't just crack.
2) why would keep driving on cracked wheel(s)?

HeavyH20
09-01-11, 10:48 AM
Front hubs are cheaper than rear ones and a whole lot easier to replace. About an hour of effort so you are good there. PM me about a wheel.

AAIIIC
09-01-11, 10:55 AM
1) how did you crack a wheel? (link to other thread?) You must have hit something. Wheels don't just crack.
Other thread - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/237606-those-powdercoated-wheels-beware.html?highlight=

2) why would keep driving on cracked wheel(s)?
I remember reading that other thread and just assuming that it went without saying that driving on cracked wheels was a bad idea, so I didn't bother to post a reply saying, "Don't drive on cracked wheels!" I guess I was wrong to assume...

PM me about FOUR wheels.
Fixed. 2 bent, 1 cracked "threw", and 1 just cracked.

shadybx7
09-01-11, 11:22 AM
i thought that why you had the MKIII beater???.. buy a hub and buy a set of LC855,get on it kid..
we can rebuild........................................... ................
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/vulken/NeverForget.jpg

o poast pics of the carnage, please
EDIT
I saw the pics on Fb not that bad IMO i was expecting separation

lollygagger8
09-01-11, 12:39 PM
I might have a stock rimsy or two for sale...hmmm

PISNUOFF
09-02-11, 07:35 AM
i thought that why you had the MKIII beater???..
o poast pics of the carnage, please I saw the pics on Fb not that bad IMO i was expecting separation

I saw the pic on fb also, I don't see how it would have taken out the hub. Maybe it just doesn't look as bad as it actually is.

Btw - I have an MKIII beater also. Lol

lollygagger8
09-02-11, 09:04 AM
we can rebuild........................................... ................
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/vulken/NeverForget.jpg

:histeric: