: who has a long-life solution for our trannies?

cbloveday
08-30-11, 05:26 PM
Anyone have a built tranny that has lasted more than a month and doing well? The tranny is my next weakest link.

I have read where there were issues with some of the rebuilt ones.

Not sure which way to go on this and need help from those that have been there.

Torxila
08-30-11, 07:51 PM
Curtis
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/index.html
Have you called Rodney at RPM Transmissions in Indiana?

George

cbloveday
08-30-11, 08:00 PM
No I have not but I will. Thank you.

I was also told to call Phil Hoefler.

Torxila
08-30-11, 08:33 PM
No I have not but I will. Thank you.

I was also told to call Phil Hoefler.

Phil built my 2 previous Twin turbo 'vettes, and does the tuning for RPM as well. He does not do the trans work/upgrades/rebuilds, that's RPM.
Phil will be doing my V mods over the winter. Normal stuff, heads/cam, 9.55 lower pulley. D3 HE, D3 Springs, Headers(Kooks).mid pipe, line-loc,Hawk HPS pads.
If Rodney builds you a tranny, Phil will be tuning it for you. skunk-werkz@comcast.net = Phil
George

cbloveday
08-30-11, 09:02 PM
Thanks George

Junkie414
08-30-11, 09:56 PM
I've been told Rossler or CircleD. When I talked to Circle D awhile back they mentioned a warranty and track tuning

cbloveday
08-30-11, 09:59 PM
I've spoke to rossler as well. Really would like some input from someone who has had the 6l90e built and it has been functioning well for a while.

I have been told that some of the trannies are breaking a month into service.

PremierJosh
08-30-11, 10:22 PM
Rpm builds all my 4l60 and t56's but they are not interested in doing 6l90's at this time. I have spoke with circle d recently because I have a build for a customer in the works that will be needing a upgraded tranny.

wait4me
08-31-11, 12:16 AM
We do our own here. I havent heard of a working tranny we did fail yet, some with 20k miles on them..

Junkie414
08-31-11, 12:28 AM
I've spoke to rossler as well. Really would like some input from someone who has had the 6l90e built and it has been functioning well for a while.

I have been told that some of the trannies are breaking a month into service.

Id love to hear from someone that beats on the car as well with a built trans. I've also heard about a trans that took a crap after a month of driving with no racing. I would really like a nice converter/built trans

We do our own here. I havent heard of a working tranny we did fail yet, some with 20k miles on them..

Any track times for those builds?

600+ CTS-V
08-31-11, 12:52 AM
I have had a Rossler in my car for a month now. It is still working great and I drive and beat on it everyday. I sprayed it on the street with drag radials the other day and it shifted perfect. Took it like a champ. I did go to the track with it the other day and was able to run my best mph with it in 90 degree heat. 132.50 on the blower. The track prep sucked so I wasn't able to best my E.T on blower. We will see once I go back and spray it how it likes it?

cbloveday
08-31-11, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys

shade
08-31-11, 05:31 PM
Do you mind sharing what was done to it and a round about cost?

I have had a Rossler in my car for a month now. It is still working great and I drive and beat on it everyday. I sprayed it on the street with drag radials the other day and it shifted perfect. Took it like a champ. I did go to the track with it the other day and was able to run my best mph with it in 90 degree heat. 132.50 on the blower. The track prep sucked so I wasn't able to best my E.T on blower. We will see once I go back and spray it how it likes it?