: Headers + Hi-Flow Cats + NJ Inspection = ??

jclayc
08-29-11, 07:38 PM
Hi, I'm considering headers and high flow cats for my 05 CTS-V. The only "mods" to the engine are a K&N filter and Magnaflow catback. Living in NJ, I'm afraid it won't pass inspection when that day comes. Anyone running aftermarket headers and/or cats in NJ or a similar, strict state with experience? Thanks in advance.

shadybx7
08-29-11, 08:05 PM
J, You will be fine because NJ only plugs into the OBDII and checks to see if your cats are in a ready state. When you retune your car after the install the tuner will be able to turn off the rear O2 sensors and fool the PCM. TTP has closed. They did mine and a bunch of other Jersey V tunes.. I heard that Matt from TTP is now working at a rival shop. ECS. Im sure others will chime in with some other Tri-state tuners

I renewed my inspection back in June of this year with absolutly no problems. I have SW headers W/ cats and 3in pipes now.. I also drove in with 20% tints on all 5 windows. No problems whatsoever, in and out in 15 mins.

p.s. glad you still have that magnaflow

thebigjimsho
08-29-11, 10:19 PM
Yep, OBD-II is caek.

lilgCTS-V
08-31-11, 01:58 PM
i will find out this winter im due..

jclayc
08-31-11, 08:47 PM
thanks for the responses! I figure, with weight savings and HP+ combined, new headers are my best bang for the buck.

yeah, shady, I loooove the magnaflow. They barely pass Lime Rock's 86dB monitors, though.