: Front windows

Mazuk
08-29-11, 06:21 AM
Both front windows had opened overnight by themselves and stayed down.Anyone experienced this or can give explanation?Started car and door window switches closed windows without problem.Otherwise perfect car with 15000m.

S70RMP
08-30-11, 07:12 AM
Thats sounds very strange, are you sure they were closed ?

Mazuk
08-30-11, 12:07 PM
Good question .Neither myself or wife are 100% sure but I am sure we would have noticed both windows open.I wonder if I inadvertently pressed the remote control key and "comfort opening" on page 97 of the manual occurred.However this relates to all windows.

BlackBox
08-30-11, 12:11 PM
Thats sounds very strange, are you sure they were closed ?

:yup:

Please keep in mind that if you press the button on your key longer that the front windows will go down... even to full if you just pressed the button long enough that they start to move and you released it after the start of the movement.

BlackBox

chrise
09-08-11, 07:11 AM
I had same thing happen on my BLS a year or so ago and thankfully it hasn't happened again since - returned to car after work to find both front windows totally open! Immediately checked glovebox etc and amazingly nothing had been touched. Car was still locked and alarmed and hadn't been triggered. Pretty lucky considering it was parked on a street on outskirts of town centre only yards from courthouse and police station. Never found out how it happened.

My anti-pinch goes balls up quite frequently with windows bouncing back open and needs to be unplugged at the doorjamb before recalibrating as procedure in manual doesn't work. Happened first day as I drove the car home and had to go back to have it sorted, but it still happens every few months which can be a pain particularly if its raining or if the wife has the car.

It's the newest car I've ever owned but I've never had anything before that has had so many things go wrong or break so quickly!

Mazuk
09-27-11, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the responses .The rear windows are in the "locked up position" and the front window problem has not recurred.Must have been my fault by pressing the key incorrectly!