: 2008 STS Bluetooth worked but now it doesn't

bomber1712
08-28-11, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2008 STS from a local Caddy dealer. I'm a gadget guy, so one of the first things I set up was the bluetooth to my LG Optimus Android. Worked GREAT...for about 3 days :crying:

I have deleted the phone and tried to re-pair, several times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails to even pair. When I can get it to pair, I use the VR to dial from phone book. It states that it is dialing, but nothing happens! Eventually, it no longer "sees" the phone and I go through the process, again.
:banghead:

Is there a software upgrade that I should have gotten at the dealership? I bought this as a Certified car, so I am under warranty for a couple of years, yet.

Any help is appreciated.

EChas3
08-29-11, 09:27 PM
Go into the phone setup screen and make sure it is listed and underlined (as default). Don't forget to save the driver specific settings again, too.

targetSTS
08-30-11, 06:59 AM
I have another issue.
Phone connects perfectly. But nav system don't play voice in hands-free mode through speakers when calling or receiving calls, sometimes I hear voice for 1 sec than it mutes. In private mode I can speak without any problems. The bluetooth system worked great for 1 month after purchase. :helpless:
I tried disconnect the battery, change phone - no effect. Should I go to the dealer and try to update software or any other ideas?

bomber1712
08-30-11, 06:45 PM
OK, so I finally got it reconnected. I deleted the phone, and after several "connection failure" attempts, was able to get the car to recognize it again. Have it underlined as default. It has worked for the past 2 days. We'll see if it continues to work. It still won't dial from phone book, however. I have to dial from the phone, but then it works like a charm! When I tell it to dial from my phonebook, it confirms and then says, "dialing". Then, nothing! Also reconnects automatically when I enter the car and sends incoming calls through the car. I am going to delete all entries in the phone book and start over. Maybe that will "reset" the phonebook. I will report back.

targetSTS and I still have a similar question, however. Is there a software/firware upgrade that we could get from the dealer?

@targetSTS: You might have better luck posting a new question in a new thread, as opposed to within an existing thread. If I could help, I certainly would!