: Your 2013 SRX MCE Wish List

b4z
08-28-11, 09:32 PM
Post the things you would like to see for the 2013 Mid Cycle Enhancement.

We have already seen pics of the fixed in dash nav system and have heard about some exterior changes to the fascias.

In no particular Order:

1) Saddle Color Leather Interior

2) Deletable or Ala Carte Sunroof Availability on Uplevel Trims

3) Deletable roof rack(for a sportier and lower profile)

4) Deletable wood trim on steering wheel only

5) Less brake pedal travel before brakes start working(all the ones I've driven have had this issue).

6) An FE3-FE5 Handling Package: Lowered Slightly, Forged Wheels 20" Wheels, High Quality Shocks or Magna Ride w/Adjustable Suspension, Slightly Wider Tires. Available on FWD and RWD Models, Larger brake discs but not an expensive Brembo system.

7) Hiper-Strut Front Suspension.

8) Flatter design to the rear tailights.

9) More prominant polished exhaust tips.

10) Satin black or similiar exterior trim option.

Members additional suggestions:

11. HUD

12. Blind Spot Warning System

13. LED exterior lighting in place of current HIDs, DRLs, braking and backup lights.

14. Blutooth for music also.

algiorda
08-29-11, 06:49 AM
Automatic Blind Spot Protection system

TheCaptain
08-29-11, 07:31 AM
Whoa! Don't mess with the SRX's beautiful taillights! That's half of the cool factor of the SRX! :D

Hello modern-retro tailfins! :thumbsup:

But, FULL LED tails / backup lamps would be awesome!

Marc NY
08-29-11, 08:13 AM
Whoa! Don't mess with the SRX's beautiful taillights! That's half of the cool factor of the SRX! :D

Hello modern-retro tailfins! :thumbsup:

But, FULL LED tails / backup lamps would be awesome!I agree with The Captain 100%! I love those cool looking retro rear tail lights! :D

I would like to see the vertical white LED front lights that come on with the headlights be much brighter and perhaps used for the DTRL too! :rockon:

stevec5375
08-29-11, 10:35 AM
Bluetooth audio as well as the phone.

b4z
08-29-11, 10:46 AM
Automatic Blind Spot Protection system

yep. you can get it on a Tahoe but not on a SRX. Hmmmm. My guess is we'll see that on the 2013 MCE.

Franklin64
08-29-11, 10:59 AM
Side blind zone alert system, HUD, full LED rear lights. it would be nice of GM to make these things stand alone options, on all levels of the SRX. Hi-per struct would be a nice addition. And the ability to choose, or not, to have a sunroof.

cvettr/cts-v
08-29-11, 05:46 PM
Hud and glass roof delete!

b4z
08-29-11, 07:20 PM
So far HUD and Sunroof delete/seperate option have been mentioned the most.

I'll modify post #1 as we add additional improvements/changes.

I added HUD to the list but you guys gotta admit that the speedometer is pretty cool as it is.

GMJim
08-30-11, 06:25 AM
Get rid of the plastic cladding on the rocker panels. The is no faster way to cheapn'
up a vehicle. Leave that to the Lambda series. (Enclave, Traverse...)

cvettr/cts-v
08-30-11, 11:34 AM
Lighted door sill plates with cadillac script for rear doors and hatch.

Jake2010
08-30-11, 03:19 PM
How about a 110v AC outlet. I got one on my 2011 Malibu LTZ and they come in very handy sometimes!

Franklin64
08-30-11, 07:51 PM
I suppose they could really surprise us with an 8-speed transmission!

TheCaptain
08-31-11, 01:58 PM
I suppose they could really surprise us with an 8-speed transmission!

Ha ha! Most people complain enough about 6 gear tranny's shifting too much, they'de have a heart attack with an 8 speed up and downshifting!
:D :rofl:

b4z
08-31-11, 03:01 PM
Ha ha! Most people complain enough about 6 gear tranny's shifting too much, they'de have a heart attack with an 8 speed up and downshifting!
:D :rofl:

I think the 3.6L can handle a 8spd.

Franklin64
08-31-11, 09:31 PM
I think the 3.6L can handle a 8spd. So do I! And that's what I'm hoping!

PJ1520
09-01-11, 10:12 AM
So do I! And that's what I'm hoping!

I am mildly surprised no one's dream list included a 3.6L engine option. In this general market segment, for example, I look at the Lincoln MKT (albeit larger, a couple of hunderd pounds heavier CUV vehicle) with it's V6 twin turbo option, cranking out about 350 + hp and a similar torque figure. Gas mileage tradeoff seems very modest and palatable to me as well.

I agree that the current 2012 V6 may have enough power at the appropriate rpm to mitigate annoying downshifts with a 7 speed trans.

PJ