: Anything new for the 2012 V?

Qnsryck
08-28-11, 09:27 PM
Are there any facts or rumors as to what might be new for the 2012 V's?

garfin
08-28-11, 10:16 PM
Are there any facts or rumors as to what might be new for the 2012 V's?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/06/rpo-central-2012-cts-and-cts-v-sedan-get-minor-changes/

Best regards,

Elie

Yankees10
08-28-11, 11:07 PM
they deleted evolution green and added a new opulent blue color. Also rainsense wipers are back as well standard for the V.

jakesulivan
08-29-11, 02:35 PM
There are changes but minor which are related to look only not functionality at all.

N3716E
08-29-11, 02:58 PM
Really? I consider the Rainsense Wipers and the Side Blind Zone Alert to be more than cosmetic changes. While the Rainsence may be considered a "nice" change the Side Blind Zone Alert should have been included long ago. It alone made me wait to order my CTS-V Coupe until the 2012 model year.

khoeysr
08-29-11, 04:05 PM
Really? I consider the Rainsense Wipers and the Side Blind Zone Alert to be more than cosmetic changes. While the Rainsence may be considered a "nice" change the Side Blind Zone Alert should have been included long ago. It alone made me wait to order my CTS-V Coupe until the 2012 model year.

You are right on this one. I miss the rainsense wipers, and the blind spot alert would be a great addition.

neuronbob
08-29-11, 10:04 PM
If people adjusted their mirrors properly, there would be no need for the blind spot alert. I adjusted my side mirrors so I have no blind spots.

Dr. Design
08-29-11, 10:26 PM
Just got a "special" one in a few days ago. First thing we noticed is they (Cadillac/GM) changed the traction control button. Don't ask why that is the first thing we noticed... We will post up if there are any other changes once we start getting into it a little bit deeper.

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Squirlz
08-29-11, 10:32 PM
The paint process has been improved. I don't have specifics but it results in less orange peel.

elphil
08-29-11, 11:57 PM
http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/CTS-V_Sport_Wagon/2012.html

M5eater
08-30-11, 07:33 AM
If people adjusted their mirrors properly, there would be no need for the blind spot alert. I adjusted my side mirrors so I have no blind spots.

Are you kidding? Most people can't be bothered to put down the cell-phone let alone check their blind spots before merging.

The paint process has been improved. I don't have specifics but it results in less orange peel.

That would be the first thing I noticed, there's just a TON of peel. I was about to ask my dealer about it, but then noticed it wasent just my car, it was all of them. Which just left me :hmm:

neuronbob
08-30-11, 09:44 AM
Are you kidding? Most people can't be bothered to put down the cell-phone let alone check their blind spots before merging.

Exactly. Which is why manufacturers are putting in this unnecessary tech. I'd better stop before I get to ranting......

N3716E
08-30-11, 09:54 AM
I agree with the mirror adjustments when I am going down the highway. Too many people want to see the side of their car in the side view mirrors and if they just widened them out they would see what was in their "blind spot". However, when backing out of a parking spot with the ever increasing number of vans, trucks, SUV's or Mini Vans on each side of you the sensors are a great addition. Just my $.02 worth.