: Found my coolant leak

arctic_man
08-28-11, 01:34 AM
Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I posted a question asking about a HG test. Long story short I do not have bad HG :worship:

I did also find my coolant leak. Would anyone be able to identify what the hose is connected to that is leaking? I am not exactly sure where to start for searching since I cannot really describe what is leaking aside from the hose that connects to the thing.
Also, if I remove the upper coolant hose is this an easy fix? Or is there something else to it?

I should mention that this is on a 99 deville concours also.

In the 3rd image you can actually see the small puddle of coolant. It must be leaking next to nothing. I am honestly just thinking about leaving it, but I would like to know the full details of the problem before I make that decision.

Ranger
08-28-11, 12:04 PM
That hose looks like the heater core feed line. You could replace the clamp with a screw type clamp and tighten it down more or add some sealant tabs (which I am not a fan of).

Submariner409
08-28-11, 06:32 PM
Thermostat housing/water pump cover ?

Ranger
08-28-11, 09:00 PM
Looks to me like his leak is at the left side of the #5 pipe in your second diagram Sub.

vincentm
08-29-11, 10:50 AM
You're right Ranger, he needs a screw driving clamp, tension clamps suck. Id drain, cleaned the area really good (don't use scrubbing pads!) and re-fit the hose/pipe with the aforementioned clamp.