: 2011 SRX: What a piece of junk: DO NOT BUY

bluesteel310
08-27-11, 11:13 PM
I have had my 2011 SRX 4 months. It has 2234 miles on it.

This is the SECOND time I've posted about a sudden, catastrophic malfunction that causes the vehicle not to function. (You can read the previous post from May, 2011.)

It won't start. The back hatch won't open. Nada.

Right now, it's early on a Saturday night and the SRX will not start. The hatch will not open. It's not the battery; the battery is fine. It appears to be a computer problem. Again.

This is a 4 month old luxury car. $43,000. What a complete piece of s***.

My partner has a $22,000 Honda that never fails ever.

Now I have to deal with a non-functioning car on a weekend.

DO NOT BUY AN SRX.

DO NOT BUY CADILLAC.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE PIECES OF JUNK.

Obama should have driven the company out of business, not saved it.

Worse yet: 2.5 years to to on my lease.

And I passed up a Mercedes GLX to buy this piece of crap.

Ponyman
08-28-11, 06:56 AM
While we all understand your frustration, coming on this board and completely bashing a car that most of us enjoy, and some even love is probably not the best way to get helpful suggestions. Why don't you go to the fridge, get a beer or some wine, calm down, and then come back with some rational questions.

sube5186
08-28-11, 08:22 AM
It doesn't sound like he's looking for answers to questions. Sounds more like he came here to vent, which is understandable. Unfortunately, every make and model is subject to having its lemons. I try not to paint an entire model with a broad brush unless the same problem is proven to be widespread. However, I completely understand this kind of frustration.

Sube

PJ1520
08-28-11, 09:17 AM
while we all understand your frustration, coming on this board and completely bashing a car that most of us enjoy, and some even love is probably not the best way to get helpful suggestions. Why don't you go to the fridge, get a beer or some wine, calm down, and then come back with some rational questions.

amen!!!!!!!!!!

Pj

b4z
08-28-11, 10:35 AM
Could be any number of things. I know the security system shut everything down on my '04 SRX and the car had to towed onto a flatbed to the dealer from my driveway. I had the car back in 6hrs.
Any car can have a problem right off the bat. These usually get resolved.

Florian
08-28-11, 11:28 AM
3 posts....solid.

F

bluesteel310
08-28-11, 11:41 AM
Here's the fix to my problem: a lawyer and California's Lemon Law.

Here's why I posted: if you're considering buying an SRX, walk away as fast as you can. There are plenty of luxury cars out there. Cadillac should NOT be on your list.

Heard about GM's improved quality? Lies.

Number of trips to BMW service shop over the last decade: 0.

Number of trips to Cadillac service shop in 4 months: 3 with a 4th one upcoming.

Number of recall notices in the first 4 months: 2

Number of recall notices with BMW in last 10 years: 0

I haven't owned an American car in about 15 years. Nor will I ever again.

Rolex
08-28-11, 11:41 AM
I altered your thread title because it violates terms of use....ie: we don't allow swearing in thread titles here.

I realize you're frustrated because your car is a lemon. Sell it and go buy something else. If you expect people here to care about your problems you should alter your approach. Your attitude and the tone of your posts sucks.

Best of luck.

JimmyH
08-28-11, 11:59 AM
Here's why I posted: misery loves company

but like others said, 4 posts in one year, all of them bashing, is not going to invite you any company. You should go to a forum focused on that Mercedes GLX you passed up, and vent your frustrations there. Not only will they agree with you, they will welcome you with open arms.

bluesteel310
08-28-11, 02:51 PM
Sell a 4 month old leased car? It might come to that but that involves a major financial bath. Stupid advice.

If this thread prevents one person from making a disastrous decision to buy this piece of junk trying to pass itself off as a luxury car, then I've been successful.

You've been warned: I wished that someone had warned me!

The Tony Show
08-29-11, 04:55 PM
And for every person with a problem on a Cadillac, there's also a person out there with a problem Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or any other brand.

Just because the one you bought had a problem doesn't automatically make them all junk.