: Stumped!

83CADMAN
08-27-11, 08:28 PM
Anyone know where the oil pressure switch is located on an 83 Eldorado HT4100?

aeronca36606
08-27-11, 09:29 PM
Should be attached to the Oil Filter Adapter. If you are replacing the switch, Use a genuine GM switch from a dealer. A lot of the after market switches are calibrated to indicate low oil pressure at to high a pressure. This gives a false low oil pressure indication. It can cause the oil light to flicker. (The oil pressure on these engines is very low at hot idle even when they are in good condition)

83CADMAN
08-28-11, 10:11 AM
Should be attached to the Oil Filter Adapter. If you are replacing the switch, Use a genuine GM switch from a dealer. A lot of the after market switches are calibrated to indicate low oil pressure at to high a pressure. This gives a false low oil pressure indication. It can cause the oil light to flicker. (The oil pressure on these engines is very low at hot idle even when they are in good condition)
Thanks for the reply.
I have checked and checked the fuel pump wiring circuit for a short, blown fuse. Of course the first thing I did was pull the tank and replace the pump, cost abt $120 non-returnable, ouch. When that didn’t fix the problem and after a major rant, I hit the books, that’s when I learned about this secondary circuit via the oil pressure switch.
The books mention the switch but just barely, without any indication of location.
The information you provided got me under the other end of the car, shining my light up at the oil filter, that’s when I saw it…the harness leading to the starter was up-against the exhaust manifold, it had melted enough to stick to the manifold. FOUND IT!!!!
Thanks again