: 2012 Cadillac SRX NEW "Auto Dry" Brakes!

Marc NY
08-27-11, 06:18 AM
I thought I share this info with you.

SRX enhancements continued! :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXInfo.jpg

sube5186
08-27-11, 01:09 PM
This looks like a great feature. Sounds like GM is moving in the right direction. Personally, I'm much more interested in new safety related features like this, than some of these silly amenities I could easily do without. I'm just a little confused as to why they've omitted some basic safety features that have been on the market for years. I'm speaking about blind spot detection, radar aided cruise control, collision detection warning, seatbelt airbags and heads-up display. A luxury vehicle in this class should include these features as well, especially considering other GM vehicles already have some of these. I would like to see GM be at the forefront of safety technology, instead of struggling to keep up with the competition.

Sube

b4z
08-27-11, 08:49 PM
Now if we could get GM to do something about the brake pedal travel and where the brakes come on in the travel. Not very confindence inspiring.

Marc NY
08-27-11, 11:24 PM
Now if we could get GM to do something about the brake pedal travel and where the brakes come on in the travel. Not very confindence inspiring.b4z, I haven't noticed any excessive brake pedal travel ... they feel very responsive to me.

sube5186
08-28-11, 08:30 AM
b4z, I haven't noticed any excessive brake pedal travel ... they feel very responsive to me.

Same here. I love the feel of these brakes.....smooth, responsive and capable. To put the icing on the cake, no brake dust as well.

Sube

jjjleblanc
08-28-11, 01:43 PM
Saw a TV commercial that featured the SRX auto dry brakes during last nights Patriots/Lions game. Heard it here first.

zinner
09-05-11, 04:47 PM
This would be a great feature on the CTS-V with the brake ducts. Many times driving in the rain I have went to brake and it's like .5 of no brakes them suddenly they grab. It's quite unnerving.