: man....they suck

lincolncadillac
08-26-11, 11:31 PM
lol...everytime my daughter drives its something.

this week got call...cant start car horn wont stop
...cant start car at all

89 now in shop getting new starter

oh well

...ps... I'm using the kids tablet computer and it sucks too...lol

The-Dullahan
08-27-11, 07:31 AM
Sell Tablet, pay for repairs.

lincolncadillac
08-27-11, 02:09 PM
Sell Tablet, pay for repairs.

I agree...lol

D-Boy
08-27-11, 09:24 PM
You sound like my Dad. Every time my sister borrowed the car, something would go wrong or she would bring it back to my Dad with no gas. I don't think that your Daughter is like my sister....but sometimes, girls have bad luck. I hope she doesn't feel too bad, "remember cars are girls too, and sometimes the cat fights begin waaaaaay before they both leave the driveway". (That sounds good...maybe I'll use it)

The-Dullahan
08-28-11, 05:57 AM
I would just like to take this time to nominate Sting's sister for Daughter-Of-The-Year on account of her most just and rightwise treatment of her parent's car.

Cadillacboy
08-30-11, 05:13 PM
I rather type messages thru this very computer Vaio 15.4" XP then use fancy top model tablet pc thingy lol
Boys, I dislike touch screens lol

The-Dullahan
09-01-11, 01:08 AM
I hate touchscreens. It's bad enough I have to use them on the laser guns at work. Touchscreens are specifically designed for people with little girl hands.

water walkin warrior
09-02-11, 05:49 PM
My son is like that. Everytime he drives it, something different going on with my '89. The door panel is raise a little and he says he has no idea how it happened. SMH

turbojimmy
09-02-11, 06:01 PM
I hate touchscreens. It's bad enough I have to use them on the laser guns at work. Touchscreens are specifically designed for people with little girl hands.

Agreed. I'm an average sized dude with average sized hands, but I can't use my new Thunderbolt to save my life. I've sent the wackiest messages to people thanks to the "autocorrect" feature. It makes stuff up to make me look stupid. I'm sure of it.

That being said, Apple does a marginally better job with the touch screen than any of the Droids I've used. I still prefer a real keyboard with actual buttons. Maybe I'm gettin' old....

Oh yeah - back on topic. When I was young, my sister used to come home with the most screwed up problems with her cars. My dad would be pissed about it all the time. I once loaned her my '78 Monte Carlo after she totaled her Saturn. The Monte came back totaled as well. That's all I have to say about that....

The-Dullahan
09-02-11, 10:29 PM
Touchscreens are impossible, especially when you are have arachnodactyly.

That being said, I do not lend people my cars. Not happening.

Maybe that's the problem? The modern generations can use Touchscreens, but can't drive to save their lives. We, from the previous generations, can drive superbly, but cannot handle modern technology.

lincolncadillac
09-03-11, 02:07 PM
She did it again.

Out the shop 2 days and the first time she drives it the battery dies...LOL...WOW...Amazing

PS... I Still hate tablets ( or like some folks have said...any thing with a touch screen )

Stingroo
09-03-11, 02:39 PM
LOL Chamus!

Every vehicle my sister has ever driven, except for the wagon - which she has only driven twice - she has wrecked.

MoistCabbage
09-03-11, 03:07 PM
Apple does a marginally better job with the touch screen than any of the Droids I've used.

As a rather large person, with sausage sized fingers, touch screens are usually a no no for me. However, I have absolutely no problem using my Iphone, I've even typed long posts on this forum with it. Apple does make an excellent touch screen. Wore than any touch screen by far though, are full qwerty keyboards on cell phones, with itsy bitsy little buttons.

I've sent the wackiest messages to people thanks to the "autocorrect" Auto correct is a riot. lol

Back to the spirit of this thread, I would find it hard to believe that any single person walking this earth, is responsible for more broken things, or has worse luck than she does. Not just relating to cars, she destroys EVERYTHING in her path, she doesn't even have to touch it. When I first got my Seville, she took it for less than 10 minutes to get milk, upon her return, a headlight was out and the drivers seat wouldn't move forward......she isn't allowed in it anymore.

The-Dullahan
09-05-11, 03:05 AM
Gentlemen, the topic here is not Touchscreens, it is that LC's Daughter really just needs to purchase her own car.

...Ahem...

Sting's sister too.

Do you think my parents would have let me drive their cars? I mean, we had more cars than family members and they were all different types of vehicles too, but NOPE. Only thing my Mum ever told me was "Get a job."

Get a job,
Get a job,
Get a job,

Only thing I ever heard out of that woman's mouth.

Five years old - GET A JOB.

Chopping firewood when the snow was two feet above my head in the winter didn't count either, my parents never believed in allowances, they taught us chores HAD to be done and upon turning sixteen, $100 Rent was due every Thursday, to allow us to keep living under their roof -NO EXCEPTIONS-

Eighteen years later, here I am, now the profitable one in my family who even my own parents have borrowed money from and I own the most cars. Obviously, that is proper parenting and I am MASSIVELY appreciative of it.

(Not criticizing LC's parenting, mind you. He sounds like a very good father and obviously cares about his daughter. Keep up the good work, mate)

lincolncadillac
09-05-11, 02:59 PM
She's got a job, but is driving this car only cause she still doesnt have enough money saved yet to purchase her own. She really doesnt want to drive the car but sometimes she doesnt have a choice.

I try to keep everybody out of my 90...lol

D-Boy
12-25-11, 09:28 PM
As a rather large person, with sausage sized fingers, touch screens are usually a no no for me. However, I have absolutely no problem using my Iphone, I've even typed long posts on this forum with it. Apple does make an excellent touch screen. Wore than any touch screen by far though, are full qwerty keyboards on cell phones, with itsy bitsy little buttons.

Auto correct is a riot. lol

Back to the spirit of this thread, I would find it hard to believe that any single person walking this earth, is responsible for more broken things, or has worse luck than she does. Not just relating to cars, she destroys EVERYTHING in her path, she doesn't even have to touch it. When I first got my Seville, she took it for less than 10 minutes to get milk, upon her return, a headlight was out and the drivers seat wouldn't move forward......she isn't allowed in it anymore. WOW!! you actually banned your daughter from driving your Seville? My Dad was too soft hearted to do that to my sister. you do good work...will you be my Daddy?

Stingroo
12-25-11, 10:03 PM
I've permanently banned my sister from driving the wagon. I'm terrified of the thought of her driving it.