: 2005 Sts dieing while driving

Rtcc
08-26-11, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone. First time poster. I have been searching around trying to find answers to this problem but haven't found anything concrete.

So the car is a 2005 3.6l Sts. It has about 75k on it.

Completely out of the blue the car starts dieing while driving. Doesn't matter if I'm stopping or excellerating. It has even died while idling in the driveway. Always does it at different time intervals. When it dies it is an immediate shutdown. There is no sputter or anything. The gauge lights go off and the gauge cluster dies but the radio stays on. The ignition button is on but on accessories. Also the check engine light does NOT come on. It starts right back up no problem. I can't get the codes read here in California for free so I haven't got that done yet.

I took the battery and it tested out fine. All wiring looks tight and clean. I have been reading about the crank position sensor and also the ignition switch but I haven found anything about this particular model. I'm not sure where to start at this point. I would rather not take it into the shop but I'm leaning towards it right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Terry