: 2012 SRX soon to be owner

Maxdmax
08-26-11, 05:09 PM
I have been reading about the 2012 SRX on this forum for some time and have gathered a lot of great information. I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences and information! We just made a deal to trade for a new 2012 SRX and had to give them the trade today. We were looking at 4 to 8 weeks for the delivery of the car, but when the dealer started looking for the car they found out they have the same car we wanted plus the towing package already on order. We decided to take it. They looked it up and it is waiting at the rail yard in TN. to be shipped to the dealer in KY. They think they will have it by next week. What a surprise, now if this all works out it will be one lucky experience. :thumbsup: We hope to enjoying our SRX AWD Premium Collection Moca Steel Metallic with Ebony interior in the next few days! Can't wait.

Marc NY
08-26-11, 05:38 PM
ooooOOOOOHHHHH soooooo NICE!!! :D

We can't wait to see some pics and please share some of your new experiences with all of us ASAP! :)

juscruzin
08-26-11, 08:40 PM
We have had our 2012 for a little over a week now and still love it. My wife loves it because it gives her a good reason to go out to eat instead of having to cook. We love the new machine finished wheels and the overall styling of the car. It really is the best looking crossover. The drive is great, the interior is awesome and we are having a blast playing with all the techno stuff that we thought we wouldn't use. I really didn't expect to be this happy with the car.

Marc NY
08-26-11, 09:05 PM
We have had our 2012 for a little over a week now and still love it. My wife loves it because it gives her a good reason to go out to eat instead of having to cook. We love the new machine finished wheels and the overall styling of the car. It really is the best looking crossover. The drive is great, the interior is awesome and we are having a blast playing with all the techno stuff that we thought we wouldn't use. I really didn't expect to be this happy with the car.LOL I just love having to say I TOLD YOU SO! :D

Maxdmax
08-26-11, 09:50 PM
ooooOOOOOHHHHH soooooo NICE!!! :D

We can't wait to see some pics and please share some of your new experiences with all of us ASAP! :)

We live in the appalachian mountains so we have a lot of nice roads with plenty of challenging hills to really test the handling and power of the new 3.6. I took a test drive in the 2.8 turbo SRX and a new 2012 3.6 SRX over the last few days and really liked the 3.6. My Wife and I have driven nothing but V8s for a very long time so this will be our first V6 in years, keep in mind this is the Wife's car but if I come through satisfied there will be a lot of happy people driving around in the 2012 SRXs. I will post some pictures when we get the car too.

We have had our 2012 for a little over a week now and still love it. My wife loves it because it gives her a good reason to go out to eat instead of having to cook. We love the new machine finished wheels and the overall styling of the car. It really is the best looking crossover. The drive is great, the interior is awesome and we are having a blast playing with all the techno stuff that we thought we wouldn't use. I really didn't expect to be this happy with the car.

I think my Wife will probably feel the same way on the cooking. LOL She preferred the machine finished wheels too, but it looks like the SRX we are going to get has the chrome wheels. Not a big deal, I think we will be fine with the chrome since she is a very good driver, keeps he cars very clean and it will live in the garage when the weather is bad. OH, and for the toys I worked in electronics for many years and am a true techie so I can't wait to test out all the electronics for sure. I am glad you are enjoying the new SRX, we are definitely looking forward to enjoying this car as well! More to come soon I hope.......

smiley47
08-27-11, 09:52 AM
Max, what were your driving impressions of the comparison between the 2.8T and the 3.6? I've got the turbo but haven't test driven the 2012 yet. Since you seemed to be unbiased between the two engines I'd be interested in your thoughts, especially if you noticed any difference in smoothness, tranny shifting smoothness etc.

Maxdmax
08-27-11, 11:16 AM
Max, what were your driving impressions of the comparison between the 2.8T and the 3.6? I've got the turbo but haven't test driven the 2012 yet. Since you seemed to be unbiased between the two engines I'd be interested in your thoughts, especially if you noticed any difference in smoothness, tranny shifting smoothness etc.

Yes you could say I am not biased at all, I drive a supercharged 600 plus RWHP 2010 Camaro as my daily driver and for bad weather days I drive my 2002 Duramax 3500 truck. LOL I actually drove all 3 SRX engine options over a 3 day period. I drove them all less than 15 miles and I will try to be as honest as possible. The ride of all these cars was very nice all of them felt much smoother than I thought they would feel. 15 miles is not a lot to drive one of these to get a good feeling of the handling and the little circle I dove did not allow for a lot of cornering, but it did have pretty steep hill to climb for about a mile or so.

The 2011 SRX 3.0
It felt like it was going uphill on flat ground and couple of times the transmission seemed slow to shift. It just felt like it was not enough for the weight of the SRX. It reminded me of my truck with a heavy trailer, it just felt like it was overloaded and held back.

The 2011 SRX 2.8 turbo
The first thing I noticed was it had more power, but to be honest it felt like a 4 cylinder on steroids. It seemed weak at low RPMS and then when it got into the boost it revved up and went to a higher RPM too quickly. I would call it a notchie feeling. If it shifted at the right time it all was Ok (less the high RPMS), it took a lot of good timing to drive it comfortably. When things weren't right it felt like it was de-fueling between shifts. Maybe a better statement is it went through all kinds of power surges as I drove it, call it nervous pulling the SRX weight around. It is better than the 3.0 and did all of this very silently, I almost think if I could have had some more sound feedback I could have driven it much more smoothly, but then again more sound is not what I am after in this car.

The 2012 SRX 3.6
My first impression was WOW, this is different! It was smooth and almost felt like it had the power of a small V8. The power to weight ratio just felt more balanced all around. The first thing I told my Wife was "this will work" it really felt like a good match for the weight of the SRX. It was very very quiet (much quitter then the first 2 engines) and just did its deal without any complaining of oddities or noticeable reactions. The thought of trying to get a good deal on a 2011 went out the door after the first 5 miles. I got out thinking I am going to enjoy driving this everytime I get in it.

Marc NY
08-27-11, 11:56 AM
Max your summary says it all.

I believe if your are in the market for a brand new SRX and if the limited choices of the 2012 colors doesn't stop you ... and if the higher cost of a newer 2012 doesn't get in your way of owning a new SRX then there really is no other choice. You must test drive it and then I truly believe selecting the SRX with the 3.6 engine in it will be your choice.

smiley47
08-27-11, 04:58 PM
Great summary Max. Especially from someone who appreciates power. I totally agree with your assessment of the 3.0. I test drove one in Dec 2009 and had I not been told that the turbo was coming in January 2010 I would have been driving something else. I'm happy with the turbo however you are correct. It's not like any other turbo I've had (mostly twin turbo's) and it's a small one at that. It does the job though in a very well balanced way compared to the 3.0 which always seemed to be searching for the correct gear especially in hilly areas. The Aisin tranny in the turbo is likely responsible for the improvement. It's hard to verbalize but the engine, tranny and AWD all seem to work well together and the ride is a lot better than the RX350 that it replaced.

I'm going to test drive a 2012 since I'll hit 35,000 miles on the turbo around January and be ready for something new. By then the paint availability situation should be resolved and the initial 2012 demand should be somewhat satisfied. But from what you and Marc say about the 3.6, these things should sell like hotcakes. The 3.6 is the engine that should have been put in the SRX from the beginning. I know several people that wouldn't buy a 2011 because of the 3.0 power issue and the turbo had been discontinued since Dec 2010.

Enjoy your SRX!!!

b4z
08-27-11, 08:47 PM
And you gotta love how the new 3.6L will just spin to 5000 rpms without you thinking it is going to do that. All you hear is the growl of the exhaust and no vibrations at all.

Maxdmax
09-07-11, 06:39 AM
Our SRX has been bayed in Nashville for almost 2 weeks. I put the order number in the GM tracking system a week ago and it still says "
Status 08/31/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases." I guess this is not most cases! Does anyone know how long it can take for it to be loaded on a truck and sent to Ky. We are dying to get this car! :helpless:

raysrx
09-07-11, 11:49 PM
Our SRX has been bayed in Nashville for almost 2 weeks. I put the order number in the GM tracking system a week ago and it still says "
Status 08/31/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases." I guess this is not most cases! Does anyone know how long it can take for it to be loaded on a truck and sent to Ky. We are dying to get this car! :helpless:

Can you provide the link for the GM tracking system. My order went in 2 weeks and waiting for my baby to be built.
I ordered a car last year and once off the train it was at the dealer within the week but only 50 miles away, trucking to another state maybe the delay.

Maxdmax
09-08-11, 06:31 AM
You are suppose to be able to track your car at the link below. I just checked mine this morning and it still says :

Order Number: PTPTB9

Status
08/31/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases.

I hope you have more luck than I did.

http://cadillacconnects.com/

stevec5375
09-08-11, 09:11 AM
Yes you could say I am not biased at all, I drive a supercharged 600 plus RWHP 2010 Camaro as my daily driver and for bad weather days I drive my 2002 Duramax 3500 truck. LOL I actually drove all 3 SRX engine options over a 3 day period. I drove them all less than 15 miles and I will try to be as honest as possible. The ride of all these cars was very nice all of them felt much smoother than I thought they would feel. 15 miles is not a lot to drive one of these to get a good feeling of the handling and the little circle I dove did not allow for a lot of cornering, but it did have pretty steep hill to climb for about a mile or so.

The 2011 SRX 3.0
It felt like it was going uphill on flat ground and couple of times the transmission seemed slow to shift. It just felt like it was not enough for the weight of the SRX. It reminded me of my truck with a heavy trailer, it just felt like it was overloaded and held back.

The 2011 SRX 2.8 turbo
The first thing I noticed was it had more power, but to be honest it felt like a 4 cylinder on steroids. It seemed weak at low RPMS and then when it got into the boost it revved up and went to a higher RPM too quickly. I would call it a notchie feeling. If it shifted at the right time it all was Ok (less the high RPMS), it took a lot of good timing to drive it comfortably. When things weren't right it felt like it was de-fueling between shifts. Maybe a better statement is it went through all kinds of power surges as I drove it, call it nervous pulling the SRX weight around. It is better than the 3.0 and did all of this very silently, I almost think if I could have had some more sound feedback I could have driven it much more smoothly, but then again more sound is not what I am after in this car.

The 2012 SRX 3.6
My first impression was WOW, this is different! It was smooth and almost felt like it had the power of a small V8. The power to weight ratio just felt more balanced all around. The first thing I told my Wife was "this will work" it really felt like a good match for the weight of the SRX. It was very very quiet (much quitter then the first 2 engines) and just did its deal without any complaining of oddities or noticeable reactions. The thought of trying to get a good deal on a 2011 went out the door after the first 5 miles. I got out thinking I am going to enjoy driving this everytime I get in it.

The 3.6 engine is what should have been in the SRX from the start. It's troubling that it took GM till the 3rd year of this model to get it right. They got bashed pretty badly in the professional reviews of the 2010 for being underpowered. I'm just waiting to see how many complaints come out of the 2012 for things that have been around since the 2010 model.

raysrx
09-08-11, 11:29 AM
You are suppose to be able to track your car at the link below. I just checked mine this morning and it still says :

Order Number: PTPTB9

Status
08/31/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases.

I hope you have more luck than I did.

http://cadillacconnects.com/

Sweet mine sez:
Status 09/07/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases.
So same statement with an updated date.

The 3.6 is reason 1 why I ordered the 2012 but it is surprising loud when punched, plus ride, less noise and still knobs, vice touch, on the console! I know I will be happy here in FL with its flat topology.:thumbsup: The road trips to hilly areas will be the test and comparisons with the current reviews.

Maxdmax
09-09-11, 09:31 PM
Our new 2012 SRX Premium Collection arrived today! We picked it up around 6:30 pm this evening. We have been out driving around since then and just got home. I will take some pictures in the morning. All came out fine but I do have quite a story to tell later. For now just one note do NOT get the optional roof rails, they made the worst wind noise i have ever heard. The dealer removed them and gave me full credit. This is one nice car, i have only had a couple of hours of sleep in the last 21 hours so more later after some much needed sleep.

raysrx
09-10-11, 04:03 PM
Congrats!:highfive: How do you like the 3.6?

Marc NY
09-10-11, 05:57 PM
... For now just one note do NOT get the optional roof rails, they made the worst wind noise i have ever heard. The dealer removed them and gave me full credit. This is one nice car, i have only had a couple of hours of sleep in the last 21 hours so more later after some much needed sleep. Maxdmax if that is true then the dealer must have installed them incorrectly. They should not make any noise what-so-ever!

I too can't wait to hear your story soon.... :)

Maxdmax
09-10-11, 10:30 PM
Well we have been driving the new SRX around most of the day. After about 150 miles of driving the new SRX I can say the 3.6 is a great match for this car. It drives great and handled the mountains without any issue at all. I am really going to like driving it every chance I get.

Now the story behind us going to pickup the car.

When we got there they had it preppped and ready to go. We looked it over and everything looked fine. We decided to go on a test drive to be sure everything worked and there were no issues, As soon aw we hit 42 mph we started hearing something, it was very loud. We first thought a window was open or the sunroof was cracked, we pulled over and checked everything we could think of. As soon as we got back up to 42 miles per hour the sound started again. The faster we went the louder it was. I took it back to the dealer and told him that we really liked the car, but there was no way I could by a car with a noise this bad. A couple of the salesmen took it for a drive and came back and told their boss that they understood what I was saying and did not blame me. One of them explained it sounded like 2 bad wheel bearings, but near the roof of the car. To make a long story short it was the two horizonal roof rails making the noise. We tried moving them around, turning them around and no matter what the noise was still there. They finally removed them and everything was fine. All of this took over two hours and we decided to just let the dealer keep them. I got to play with all the electronics today and everything worked great, we paired it up with my Wife's ipad and mt blackberry without any issues. This is a very nice car we love it so far. Below are a few pictures after I got the tint installed on the front windows today.

smiley47
09-11-11, 09:08 AM
Very nice. Congrats and keep us posted with your future impressions. You have a knack for informative posts.

Marc NY
09-11-11, 10:10 AM
Very nice looking Premium SRX! :thumbsup:

Very interesting to hear about the noise issues, I would have to say something is a miss with those luggage rack bars. If all of the SRXs with those bars exhibited that kind of noise certainly the engineers would have addressed that issue, for GM certainly would not have offered them up as an option. I would be interested to know why they made so much noise.

I am real glad you are getting to enjoy your ride. I really like the color of your new SRX too! Perhaps I missed your earlier comments but what color choice did you select for the interior? It is hard to tell what color your interior is by looking at your photos. One can see that you have a lot of hills so you will certainly get to enjoy the new performance.

*I see that you have the towing package by the looks of the rear fascia.

Maxdmax
09-11-11, 06:00 PM
Very nice looking Premium SRX! :thumbsup:

Very interesting to hear about the noise issues, I would have to say something is a miss with those luggage rack bars. If all of the SRXs with those bars exhibited that kind of noise certainly the engineers would have addressed that issue, for GM certainly would not have offered them up as an option. I would be interested to know why they made so much noise.

I am real glad you are getting to enjoy your ride. I really like the color of your new SRX too! Perhaps I missed your earlier comments but what color choice did you select for the interior? It is hard to tell what color your interior is by looking at your photos. One can see that you have a lot of hills so you will certainly get to enjoy the new performance.

*I see that you have the towing package by the looks of the rear fascia.

I agree with your comments around the roof rails, I know 2 of the SRX's I test drove had them and I did not here any noise at all on either of them. Maybe it was just a freak event or some type of install error. To be honest when they removed them and the noise went away, the car looked better without them and they offered me credit I was happy to get going.

On the towing package, I have a Duramax 3500 diesel LOL so it should be the last thing I need. I got the towing package and the chrome wheels due to this SRX being already on it's way when we decided what we wanted. Everything else was exactly what my Wife wanted so instead of ordering one we took this one. And if these wheels don't hold up I am to blame, since my Wife liked the new cast aluminum better and I talked her into this car to keep from waiting another month!

Maxdmax
09-12-11, 07:32 AM
Sorry, I forgot to list the interior we got the Ebony (black) interior. We really like this car A LOT so far!

Marc NY
09-12-11, 08:24 AM
SWEET looking combo! :thumbsup:

Have you thought of getting the optional GM accessory "Black Rubber" Cadillac SRX floor mats?

I have them on mine and they look great ... hopefully you don't have to deal with a lot of snow in your area. :)

Maxdmax
09-12-11, 11:30 AM
SWEET looking combo! :thumbsup:

Have you thought of getting the optional GM accessory "Black Rubber" Cadillac SRX floor mats?

I have them on mine and they look great ... hopefully you don't have to deal with a lot of snow in your area. :)

We just got the rugs out of the back of my Camaro so we had something right away to protect the factory carpet. We looked at the black rubber ones on the internet but were concerned about how they would look. Can you take a picture of yours to share with us? I would like to see how they look in the car?

I do know we want one of the E&G Classics Billet Grills, just got to figure out which one we want and be sure they will fit the 2012 and then find the right place to purchase one.

Thanks for sharing this, we will need to do something pretty soon for sure.

Marc NY
09-12-11, 12:22 PM
Here are only two pics showing the interior ... not showing too much of the rubber Cadillac mats but at least you can see how they look anyways.

It is hard to see the Cadillac logo in the front mats ... they are a custom fit mat. If you look closely you might be able to see the logo! The rear mat fits all the way across which is nice for those that want to stretch out there legs. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_8111Sm.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_8118Sm.jpg

Maxdmax
09-12-11, 02:44 PM
These don't look anything like we thought they would, but much better. I am going to show my wife and see if she likes them.

Thanks Again!

Marc NY
09-12-11, 08:18 PM
These don't look anything like we thought they would, but much better. I am going to show my wife and see if she likes them.

Thanks Again!They have holes similar as the carpet mats do so that they will fit snug onto the carpet anchors. BTW: Those mats are almost two years old and still look great, I had gotten them for my 2010 SRX. They work very well in collecting some amounts of snow and water.

However, if you get lots of snow then you might want to consider buying another pair that have a deeper well to catch more snow and water for heavier winter use too. Perhaps havng two sets, one for 9 mths out of the year and one set for HEAVY SNOW times??

CajunCaddy
09-22-11, 03:50 PM
Nice thread, great pics and input from 2012 SRX owners. Well the dealer called us on Sept 16th to officially put our SRX on order. We had been to the dealer here in Lafayette, LA several times inquiring about the 2012 Crystal Red and we finally got the call. We ordered the Crystal Red Performance model, with the brownstone/shale interior. We test drove the 2012 and the getty up and go on the 3.6L was impressive and worth the wait IMO. My wife has been hyperventilating ever since :bouncy: They told us 6-8 weeks, so that puts us around the middle of November, will post pics when we get "Crystal Caddy". Wife has already named her!

juscruzin
09-22-11, 07:25 PM
I can definitely relate to the looong wait. My wife has had her 2012 Performance SRX for a little over a month now, and we still can't wait to go places in it. It is such a cool car. I ordered an Audi Q5 at the end of August, and am waiting for it to come in around the first of November. Because I had some time, I listed my Infiniti FX in autotrader hoping to get a good price and hoping that it would sell close to when my Q5 was due in. I sold my FX the first week I listed it, and I am now driving a wore out 2002 Town & Country van (my parents old car) in the meantime. November can not get here quick enough.

stevec5375
09-22-11, 07:39 PM
I can definitely relate to the looong wait. My wife has had her 2012 Performance SRX for a little over a month now, and we still can't wait to go places in it. It is such a cool car. I ordered an Audi Q5 at the end of August, and am waiting for it to come in around the first of November. Because I had some time, I listed my Infiniti FX in autotrader hoping to get a good price and hoping that it would sell close to when my Q5 was due in. I sold my FX the first week I listed it, and I am now driving a wore out 2002 Town & Country van (my parents old car) in the meantime. November can not get here quick enough.

I was a two time Infiniti owner before I bought the 2010 SRX Premium. How did you feel about your experience with the Infiniti FX? I would have stayed with Infiniti but they just didn't have any body styles that interested me the 3rd time around. I'm curious as to your experience. I also would be interested in your feedback on the Q5 after you've had a chance to drive it for a while. A good friend of mine has been looking at it.

stevec5375
09-22-11, 07:41 PM
Here are only two pics showing the interior ... not showing too much of the rubber Cadillac mats but at least you can see how they look anyways.

It is hard to see the Cadillac logo in the front mats ... they are a custom fit mat. If you look closely you might be able to see the logo! The rear mat fits all the way across which is nice for those that want to stretch out there legs. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_8111Sm.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_8118Sm.jpg

I always love the dark interiors. However, down here in Central Texas, I've learned my lesson on having one. Try peeling the back of your legs off the hot seat in the long summertime when it's over 100 outside. The dark colors just absorb the heat. I wish it weren't so. It's a great combo.

SeaYaLater
09-25-11, 11:05 PM
We traded our 2010 SRX performance for a 2012 SRX performance 8 days ago. Both SRXs are Radiant Silver and configured alike.
We picked the 2012 up on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning we left on a 1700 mile trip through the West Virginia mountains to Ohio and back.
Within a few hours my wife commented that she really liked the 2010 but loved the improvements in the 2012.
The ride is smoother with a significant reduction in vibration on very rough surfaces. The noise reduction from both the engine
and road surface are significant. The 2012 took the mountains in stride with a gentle increase in the throttle.
While using the cruise control in the mountains, it only downshifted on really steep hills and the downshift was smooth.
I like the updated brake feel and it matches the brake feel from my other GM cars. After 1,000 miles of travel, I started using
ECO mode. Gas mileage while in ECO mode appears to be the same or close to the mileage I was getting on the 2010. I could feel the different shift points but was happy with the smooth shifts.
The engine is very quiet on my normal acceleration, when pushed the engine sound increases with a lower pitched growl that my
wife and I both enjoy. It sounds confident and capable.
The net is my wife and I both feel Cadillac did a great job listening to their customers and improving a car that we really enjoyed
driving on many long trips.